Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gunjies

New saber combat addon

For the past couple of days now I've been in a few conversations regarding the saber dueling, most people I talk to about this subject are not happy with the current state saber dueling, a few people have suggested making forum post about this subject so here I am.

I'm not sure if some of the server devs have already looked into alternated addons for sabers, but after doing some research and also a few people suggesting this addon on 

addon: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/wiltoslightsabers from what I can see this addon add a lot more to the table in regards to dueling, it looks interesting and could add something fresh to the server that some sith are looking for. there are multiple servers that run this addon that is doing well such as reborn gaming and derivative gaming, keeping in mind this addon does cost $300 so it would be a big decision for the server to consider adding this addon.

if you have any questions regarding this addon or the post feel free to contact me in game.

there is also a youtube video showcasing some of the additions that this addon has to offer so I would also suggest checking out this video : 

• Upvote 8

+1, this mod would make sith duelling much more fun, engaging and different compared to the duelling methods we got now.

Edited by Rickle

-1 I hate this addon for dueling, not sure how it's changed now, but the animations are clunky and look ridiculous when used over and over again, like you would in a duel.

I don't think changing how everyone is used to dueling is a great idea, especially when it comes at the price of $300. Not to mention this $300 goes towards only 23 players, it's not something the whole server can make use of.

Edited by alarm

We’ve had this on the server before and it completely broke everything, not to mention it costs upwards of $250 for the decent versions of it. When it used to be on the server it would stop people joining, crash people’s games and cause all of Sith to T-Pose when they pulled it out.

2 minutes ago, pinejack said:

We’ve had this on the server before and it completely broke everything, not to mention it costs upwards of $250 for the decent versions of it. When it used to be on the server it would stop people joining, crash people’s games and cause all of Sith to T-Pose when they pulled it out.

6 minutes ago, pinejack said:

I was not aware of this thank you for informing me 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pinejack said:

I thought that had to do with incompatibilities with wiltOS. This new version doesn't need that.

+1 from me, would be hella awesome!

8 hours ago, alarm said:

-1 I hate this addon for dueling, not sure how it's changed now, but the animations are clunky and look ridiculous when used over and over again, like you would in a duel.

I don't think changing how everyone is used to dueling is a great idea, especially when it comes at the price of $300. Not to mention this $300 goes towards only 23 players, it's not something the whole server can make use of.

8 hours ago, pinejack said:

From personal experiences this Saber addon is very un-natural and just looks weird. It looks good on paper but when it is used it’s not the best. This addon wouldn’t have much purpose as all sith do and have been taught is to just look down and know where to hit not to swing and do flips and stuff so by adding this people will have to never taught and there will have to be someone teaching. -1

+1 seems interesting as long as it doesn't conflict with the server and only adds to the role pay experience then I'm all for it.

Looks pretty doesnt it but the underlying fact is that the new systems saber combat sucks

On 6/29/2018 at 3:53 PM, alarm said:

^

On 7/30/2018 at 1:10 PM, Martibo said:

Looks pretty doesnt it but the underlying fact is that the new systems saber combat sucks

Essentially this.

We had this addon on Fade for quite some time, and whilst it was visually quite impressive, and fun to toy around with, it was near impossible to use as an actual combat system, particularly in anything other than extremely close quarters.

On 6/29/2018 at 5:45 PM, Rickle said:

+1, this mod would make sith duelling much more fun, engaging and different compared to the duelling methods we got now.

HUGE +1

On 6/29/2018 at 4:00 PM, pinejack said:

Not to mention its great for 30-60 player servers but anything above 60 it will lag everyone massively.