Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kumo

Kumo - Dev Application - 23/06/2018

Name In-game: Kumo

Teamspeak Name: Kumo

Playtime on the server: 7 hours (like 4 weeks before utime reset)

Programming languages you know: Lua (GLua)

Why do you want to become a Low Grade Dev? By receiving this role, I will be able to better the server in its current state and in the future, I will be able to suggest new ideas and implement current ones. I believe I would make a good developer because of my knowledge and the ideas I have that I can implement into the server.

Have you made any other scripts or content I should know about?

DEFCON Hud - I made a DEFCON Hud using a simple draw function, it looks pretty ass but its perfectly functional and I would go back and remake it but it will probably never be used.

DEFCON Hud Controller - Probably one of the best scripts I have made so far in my opinion, its an entity that can be perm propped with buttons to change the defcon (functions with defcon hud)

40307968A832240CF563689F62D660B79DBFBA0D

Automatic ID Script - Gets your rank, name etc and checks it on a table which returns the persons clearance and prints an ID.

B4FF5D6F6CCD3FBB02882EB8852C921CD9FDE975

Sub-Regiment Chooser - Basically when you get promoted from recruit, a menu opens letting you choose from 3 subregiments of stormtrooper corps, ST, Snow and Scout - Was made for a different server so it is a different concept.

278791D4853B941434D2FFE555D2B236BA3E7CC2

The following 3 are menus with the same draw function, all are functional and look like ass (cbf redoing them for no reason)

RFA Menu - Menu for shock etc to call an RFA on someone, arrester fills in the name, offense and cell and then a RFA is called in comms and a 5 minute timer starts, upon 5 ending bell sound plays. 

B76E54FA44883281A850023D9250D36F69E61E0C

Pilot Menu - Menu for pilots to quickly request permission to takeoff/land, pretty functional 

90C7F427BFC6CBDC109ABA9DDA2FF7C898BE64B1

Engineering Console - Menu for engineers to run diagnostics on consoles, there is about a 30% chance for something to go wrong and then the engineers make passiverp

0EDE4808360DA2754EA571B2A55E7B8309F5627F

DISCLAIMER: You are probably extremely skeptical but I can't really change your mind that much other than reminding you of the fact that I gain no power from this role, the only thing I can do with this role is better help the server. Another thing people might think I am doing is applying to steal ideas/scripts however the only server I play now is Imperial and I have resigned from my positions on other servers and have no affiliation with them. Also I have been doing Lua for 6 months now and I think I have done a very good job in learning the language.

Edited by Kumo
  • Facepalm 1
  • Upvote 4

-1 | You have literally just come back from a LONG break on a rival server and have already applied for an extra role within this one despite being back for days. I would recommend actually sticking around for a few months and get better known by the majority of new players on the server.

• Upvote 1

+1 I have been with Kumo for a long time on many servers and I have seen all these scripts in action, they are all amazing and different. Kumo has proved himself as an reliable individual for dev work and is a responsible person who enjoys making interesting ideas to change things. Good luck Kumo.

58 minutes ago, pinejack said:

-1 | You have literally just come back from a LONG break on a rival server and have already applied for an extra role within this one despite being back for days. I would recommend actually sticking around for a few months and get better known by the majority of new players on the server.

24 minutes ago, Chopz said:

I have to agree with this.

I understand where you are coming from, however I personally don't believe this matters in a role such as developer, thanks for your response regardless.

57 minutes ago, Banks said:

+1 I have been with Kumo for a long time on many servers and I have seen all these scripts in action, they are all amazing and different. Kumo has proved himself as an reliable individual for dev work and is a responsible person who enjoys making interesting ideas to change things. Good luck Kumo.

Thank you for your response banks.

Edited by Kumo
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, pinejack said:

I have to agree with this.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, pinejack said:

I have to agree, However once you start getting more involved with the Community and getting more active, I may consider changing my response.

• Upvote 1

+1 I have seen Kumo have a Developer role on a few servers and did most of the work but wasn't awarded any fancy role like "Head Dev". Back to the point Kumo you have a ton of experience as a Developer and I have seen you doing your job without doing anything completely wrong that could harm or break the server in any sort of way. I am going to have to wish you luck on getting this role you come did come back from being [REDACTED] Gamings Developer.

- Wombat.

7 hours ago, Wombatiacus said:

+1 I have seen Kumo have a Developer role on a few servers and did most of the work but wasn't awarded any fancy role like "Head Dev". Back to the point Kumo you have a ton of experience as a Developer and I have seen you doing your job without doing anything completely wrong that could harm or break the server in any sort of way. I am going to have to wish you luck on getting this role you come did come back from being [REDACTED] Gamings Developer.

- Wombat.

Wombat has summed it up for me

+1

Obvious +1,

Kumo is one of the best developers I have seen in the garry’s mod community and the fact he is applying for a volunteering position here at IG is a privlege in my opinion. People of his skill and level would normally be asking for prices in the GMOD store and elsewhere. 

I think Kumo would be a great asset to the development team and it would be a real disappointment to see him go.

9 hours ago, Emerald said:

I have to agree, However once you start getting more involved with the Community and getting more active, I may consider changing my response.

Edited by Morgan

+1

Time on the server doesn't matter all that much, if at all. What SHOULD matter is Kumo's skill and creativity. Which he has demonstrated to posses. Few people have any idea how time consuming it is to Dev on gmod. And if you make your judgments on his time with the  server, you're probably always going to be disappointed.

Kumo is one of the best developers I know, he's gotten me started with LUA and GLUA. And I believe it would be a determent for Imperial Gaming to not have him on the team.

Good luck my man.

10 hours ago, Strooka said:

+Support, Was a good Dev.

Thank you for your support.

9 hours ago, Emerald said:

Thank you for your feedback.

9 hours ago, Wombatiacus said:

- Wombat.

Thanks wombat, appreciate it.

1 hour ago, Sudo said:

Wombat has summed it up for me

+1

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Crispin/Chutney said:

Obvious +1,

Kumo is one of the best developers I have seen in the garry’s mod community and the fact he is applying for a volunteering position here at IG is a privlege in my opinion. People of his skill and level would normally be asking for prices in the GMOD store and elsewhere. 

I think Kumo would be a great asset to the development team and it would be a real disappointment to see him go.

Thanks Crispin.

55 minutes ago, Demonic said:

+1

Time on the server doesn't matter all that much, if at all. What SHOULD matter is Kumo's skill and creativity. Which he has demonstrated to posses. Few people have any idea how time consuming it is to Dev on gmod. And if you make your judgments on his time with the  server, you're probably always going to be disappointed.

Kumo is one of the best developers I know, he's gotten me started with LUA and GLUA. And I believe it would be a determent for Imperial Gaming to not have him on the team.

Good luck my man.

Thank you for your honest feedback.

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

Thank you for your feedback.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, pinejack said:

If I were you, I'd have waited maybe a week or two before applying for the developer role. I will reconsider this after I have experienced how you behave on the server.

Pictures have been added to the scripts for deeper explanation, the menu's look so bad because I didn't put much time into making them.

3 hours ago, Twinkie said:

If I were you, I'd have waited maybe a week or two before applying for the developer role. I will reconsider this after I have experienced how you behave on the server.

^^

Edited by Cryptix

took a long break, but he has been a developer before and knows what hes doing 100%. +1

+1. Mate, I've know this guy for a long time, he is extremely skilled and deserves a place on the dev team.