Pilot Rules in Events

In light of recent events, there has been a growing problem of incapable event pilots who fail to listen, or heed the rules surrounding ramming. I propose, that much like Lightsaber Wielding event characters. Event Characters that are assigned as pilots, must have an active NPL+ to fly in events. This, like sith who wish for a good duel, gives Pilots an ample opportunity to execute strategies and maneuvers with competent pilots against them.

The Navy Spreadsheet, and pilot license sub-sheet are easily accessible from !Links and the Teamspeak. The only downside I see, is it would be harder to find possible pilots for events, as the PLs are limited. However, much like sith, at the request of an event master, a pilot from Banshee or Nashtah could volunteer to roleplay as the enemy.

Thanks for reading, leave a +1 or -1 with an explanation :)

• Like 1

+1, Im a very biased pilot so ofcourse I'll +1, but it is very annoying to go up against pilots who only kamikaze, so you always have to respawn and go through the take off process all the time

I think that it can be suggested that those who fly as event characters have a pilot license but this is not always the case, sometimes none of the event characters have a pilot license (or a lower one than you are asking for). In these situations, we have to make do with what we’ve got. One suggestion that I will make at the next staff meeting which will make your dogfights with event characters much better is increasing the health of rebel fighters, or decrase damage dealt by Imperial ones.

On 6/15/2018 at 6:49 PM, pinejack said:

I think that it can be suggested that those who fly as event characters have a pilot license but this is not always the case, sometimes none of the event characters have a pilot license (or a lower one than you are asking for). In these situations, we have to make do with what we’ve got. One suggestion that I will make at the next staff meeting which will make your dogfights with event characters much better is increasing the health of rebel fighters, or decrase damage dealt by Imperial ones.

There isn't a problem with the ships themselves, I think they are fairly well balanced in terms of X-Wings V. TIE fighters. The main problem is the people in the cockpit resorting to ramming when they are unable to handle the basic controls of the ships.

+1 

yes this is a good idea and yes there are a few reason that can make it hard but to be honest this doesn't need any real effort to implement so its something that we can test with a few events and see how it goes

I like this idea but it will be extremely hard to find people with pls as they rarely volunteer for an event. I feel implementing this idea will just further deplete the lack of pilot involved events.

Edited by Havoc
  • Whitey locked this topic