Charles Dev application

Name In-game: 73-09 Charles

Teamspeak Name: 73-09 Charles

Playtime on the server: i have 9 hours but 1 week before the sever restart

Programming languages you know:

Python

LUa

Html

Why do you want to become a Low Grade Dev?

I want to become a low dev as coding has always been a habit of mine i am always doing stuff like that (mostly HTML) i find it a good way to break the day and i dont find it a chore more like a challenge. I played IG since October last year then i took a break i was amazed of star wars RP and ever since that day i wanted to improve it and make it better but also just making a effort to improve in the slightest. I want it so that when something is done its done well and even if its a small thing like a new Loading screen i want players to love it and to work. when i make something i try and make it do well like they said Quality over Quantity so i may take tome on something but with the hope that you dont have to remake it later on. 

Have you made any other scripts or content I should know about?

I have done some DarkRP work making jobs and did minor coding to a server and a sample of my coding is here

This is a small Star wars rp job 

TEAM_EMPIRETROOP = DarkRP.createJob("Empire trooper", {
    color = Color(0, 0, 0, 255),
    model = {"models/player/Group03/female_01.mdl"},
    description = [[You fight for the empire and you do every last wish they say, you must not fail and you must to it quick get ready to destroy people in your path]],
    weapons = {"weapon_fists", "weapon_752_e11", "weapon_752_dh17", "weapon_752_dlt19"},
    command = "empiretroop",
    max = 0,i h
    salary = 400,
    admin = 0,
    vote = false,
    hasLicense = false,
    candemote = false,
    category = "The dark side",
    customCheck = function(ply) return CLIENT or
        table.HasValue({"Empire trooper"}, ply:GetNWString("usergroup"))
    end,
    CustomCheckFailMsg = "You are not ready yet wait for your training to be done",
})

Yes i understand that its dark RP coding but its still a example. 

Charles, I don't think you suit the job of Developer because the reasons stated below.

• I think you didn't make that yourself, I think it's from the command "!jobgen" which is to create jobs. It's really easy to use and it will give you some lua stuff like this.
  • Low Detailed Application
  • I don't really know you
  • Low playtime

For now.

Good luck with your application, Please show us something that you really made.

Regards,

Allucious

13 minutes ago, Allucious said:

Charles, I don't think you suit the job of Developer because the reasons stated below.

• I think you didn't make that yourself, I think it's from the command "!jobgen" which is to create jobs. It's really easy to use and it will give you some lua stuff like this.
  • Low Detailed Application
  • I don't really know you
  • Low playtime

For now.

Good luck with your application, Please show us something that you really made.

Regards,

Allucious

I compleatly understand your reasons so i will type them back 

1 I understand people thinking i did not make it my self but when i first learnt the best way to see how it works is to get some so when i make a job now i use that format as i learn from that 

2 Sorry for the low detail may i ask what i am missing

3 i am coming back after a long break so not many people know me

4 my play time is only low as i have not played since the server restart

If you wants some more coding proof ask for a thing for me to code

Hi @charles, I would like to take a moment to respond to your application to join the Imperial Gaming Development team.

Overall your application has been filled out to a standard that is not consistent with the requirements of being a developer.  You have not used proper grammar, and have many varied spelling mistakes in your application.

As being a developer is a community position, and one of trust at that, it is generally required that at least some members of the staff team know who you are, and can testify that you are mature.  As you have previously stated, you are not well known as you have just come back from a significant break.

You have only listed knowledge of 1 coding language (LUa is not a language, Lua is, and writing in HTML is not coding).  Python, while a valid language, is not of any (current) relevance to any development projects that Imperial Gaming is undertaking (to my knowledge).

Now I would like to address the final part of your application:

1 hour ago, charles said:

Have you made any other scripts or content I should know about?

I have done some DarkRP work making jobs and did minor coding to a server and a sample of my coding is here

This is a small Star wars rp job 

TEAM_EMPIRETROOP = DarkRP.createJob("Empire trooper", {
    color = Color(0, 0, 0, 255),
    model = {"models/player/Group03/female_01.mdl"},
    description = [[You fight for the empire and you do every last wish they say, you must not fail and you must to it quick get ready to destroy people in your path]],
    weapons = {"weapon_fists", "weapon_752_e11", "weapon_752_dh17", "weapon_752_dlt19"},
    command = "empiretroop",
    max = 0,i h
    salary = 400,
    admin = 0,
    vote = false,
    hasLicense = false,
    candemote = false,
    category = "The dark side",
    customCheck = function(ply) return CLIENT or
        table.HasValue({"Empire trooper"}, ply:GetNWString("usergroup"))
    end,
    CustomCheckFailMsg = "You are not ready yet wait for your training to be done",
})

Yes i understand that its dark RP coding but its still a example. 

A) This is not a valid example of your ability to create content, as it relies on functions, variables and methods that you did not create, and are not a part of GLua.

B) Our Imperial Roleplay server, while it has a similar system, does not run on DarkRP or any variation of.

C) Outside of dependencies on game mode, this code still has dependencies that are not specified.

D) This job code contains errors, and would not work on a DarkRP server.

Overall, I will be opposing your application.

P.S

If you can make a script that auto filters chat messages that contain a set number of words in an array based of weighting and censor (not display) them if they are above a point threshold, I will change my opinion.

2 hours ago, Goliath said:

Hi @charles, I would like to take a moment to respond to your application to join the Imperial Gaming Development team.

Overall your application has been filled out to a standard that is not consistent with the requirements of being a developer.  You have not used proper grammar, and have many varied spelling mistakes in your application.

As being a developer is a community position, and one of trust at that, it is generally required that at least some members of the staff team know who you are, and can testify that you are mature.  As you have previously stated, you are not well known as you have just come back from a significant break.

You have only listed knowledge of 1 coding language (LUa is not a language, Lua is, and writing in HTML is not coding).  Python, while a valid language, is not of any (current) relevance to any development projects that Imperial Gaming is undertaking (to my knowledge).

A) This is not a valid example of your ability to create content, as it relies on functions, variables and methods that you did not create, and are not a part of GLua.

B) Our Imperial Roleplay server, while it has a similar system, does not run on DarkRP or any variation of.

C) Outside of dependencies on game mode, this code still has dependencies that are not specified.

P.S

If you can make a script that auto filters chat messages that contain a set number of words in an array based of weighting and censor (not display) them if they are above a point threshold, I will change my opinion.

I'm going to have to agree with Goliath on this one,

8 hours ago, Goliath said:

P.S

^ HTML is a Hyper Text

49 minutes ago, Eclipse said:

Hyper Text

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that is again, wrong.  It is a markup language for hyper test (the ML part, not the HT).

• Angry 1

11 hours ago, Goliath said:

P.S

12 hours ago, Goliath said:

P.S