Credits on the server

I find that the whole ship could benefit from having a credit system you would earn these credits the same way that you earn exp (being active on the server) the credits could be used for multiple RP reasons like:

• Buying food and drink in the mess hall/Officers lounge
  • Buying a small droid (PAC USERS ONLY) after purchase you can then RP it in with the engineers, Price would range from size to flying or grounded
  • Used to hire bounty hunters and the bounty hunters could use earned credits to improve there load-out if arrested for any reason they lose there purchased items and would have to re purchase them (also leaving a paper trail for investigating a bounty hunters hit meaning if we arrest a bounty hunter for doing a hit we question who he got the credits from and arrest the person who paid him for it, if he tells us who it was or if we get proof)
  • Shock/Riot could start doing fines for people who commit small crimes (if someone cant pay a fine they get arrested instead, the credits from the fine would go to navy not shock/riot before any makes a revenue raising joke...)
  • On events people could use credits for a one time purchase of event weaponry (they lose it after the event ends) it could range from grenades, pulse rifles, binoculars or even cuffs if the event is to detain someone. People who abuse this (using the cuffs to arrested other troops for no reason) would be black listed from the event store
  • and also exchange credits for points in the new point shop to buy weapons,skins and anything else in the shop

I feel this would help improve RP on the server and if needed we could even add shop keepers these people would be the ones you go to when you want to buy something (for bounty hunter hits you would set up an appointment with the bounty hunter, the appointment cant be used as a way to arrest the bounty hunter unless you walk in on them talking about it but cant set the bounty hunter up to be arrested)

• Upvote 5

We used to have credits back in the days of the DarkRP game mode, but back then they didn’t have a purpose. I think that they aren’t really going to be needed if and when the Pointshop is added back so it will provide the same sort of thing.

21 minutes ago, pinejack said:

We used to have credits back in the days of the DarkRP game mode, but back then they didn’t have a purpose. I think that they aren’t really going to be needed if and when the Pointshop is added back so it will provide the same sort of thing.

well it all depends whats in the point shop if its weapons, skins and armour like the old point shop we could still do credits for the mess hall, bounty hunter and droids or we could have those items included in the new point shop as well and not worry about the credits just thought it could make getting droids more off a realistic way than just going to the engineers and having them just give it to you (in an RP way). You would have to buy it the have engineering install protocols on it before it can be on the star destroyer and also thought it would make bounty hunter hits better enticing more people to be bounty hunters not just frank and zaspan when they are bored lol (bad joke)

13 minutes ago, Emerald said:

Just seems like a waste of time in my opinion, Pointshop is basically able to replace it once its fixed.

that is true so what do you think about adding the things i mentioned into point shop?

Neutral

I think a functioning credit or even regiment budget system could provide countless amounts of amazing roleplay opportunities, but developing and managing it seems painful. In roleplay and OOC, you have to consider so many things:

Spoiler

• Who or what would distribute the credits?
  • How many credits are there available to distribute? (i.e. how much money does the "bank" have?)
    • Is there an infinite or finite supply of money?
  • How many credits would be considered too much or too little for one person to have?
    • Is rank considered in this situation? (i.e. Does a Lieutenant Colonel hold more rights to more money than a Private?)
    • What happens if somebody is demoted to a rank where they have too many credits appropriate for their rank?
  • Can credits be created illegitimately through the means of stealing, laundering or counterfeiting?
    • What punishments would be given out if this was to be found out?
  • Can credits be sent out to external organisations for roleplay purposes, such as a cargo depot or a weapons manufacturer? (i.e. can credits be given/deducted but not to another player?)
  • How would credits be managed for a person when they are a different person, such as an Event character or they have been permakilled/had a name change?
  • How would credits play a part in legal situations such as a court trial or martial?
    • Can legal trial be avoided if somebody cannot pay enough credits for legal fees?
      • What happens in this situation?
  • How can backtracking credit transactions or a "paper trail" be created or managed?
    • How can this managed so that powerplaying will not be an issue?
  • Can there be a definite fining system?
    • What happens if somebody cannot pay a fine?
    • Does the amount of the fine and/or time in jail change depending on the crime or how much of the fine somebody cannot pay?
    • How can this be managed?

And the two most important things to consider..

• How much of advantage can having a credits system give to the server?
  • How would having a credits system conflict or, hopefully, compliment the Pointshop system?
    • Is it worth them being two separate entities?
    • What differences would they have/provide?

These are a only a few of the things that players, staff, managers and developers need to consider when implementing a system such as this. So many things could go right and so many things could go wrong. It can be overused or underused.

Just wanted to give my 2 cents (no pun intended). I will consider changing my vote if I hear something from the development side of things.

Edited by Chef

very good points ill try to answer as best as i can

32 minutes ago, Chef said:

I do think a functioning credit or even regiment budget system could provide a lot of roleplay opportunities but developing and managing it seems painful. In roleplay and OOC, you have to consider so many things:

• Who or what would distribute the credits? If wanted we could bring the banking clan into the server and have them attached to Navy
  • How many credits are there available to distribute? (i.e. how much money does the "bank" have?) That's something the admins would need to talk about and come to a conclusion on
  • How many credits would be considered too much or too little for one person to have? this would depend on how much things cost there would have to be a cap definitely we cant have some one buy too much stuff and possibly crashing the server every 10 min
    • Is rank considered in this situation? (i.e. Does a Lieutenant Colonel hold more rights to more money than a Private?) as i stated you would earn from being on server so if there is a private that's on more than a Lieutenant Colonel then yes he would have more
  • Can credits be created illegitimately through the means of stealing, laundering or counterfeiting? Stealing does seem like something that can be brought in as for laundering or counterfeiting i don't think that would work i think it'll be abused
    • What punishments would be given out if this was to be found out? it would be treated as a crime witch would result in a jail period and the return of the funds proof will be need for how much (logs or a witness) 
  • Can credits be sent out to external organisations for roleplay purposes, such as a cargo depot or to surrender money to Rebel leaders? Again this is something that can extend and help with event master i.e we ransom money for a high navy members release then we deploy troops to the rebel base to exterminate and return the credits
  • (i.e. can credits be given/deducted but not to another player?) Not between players but can be transferred to a bounty hunter to perform a hit 
  • How would credits be managed for a person when they are a different person, such as an Event character or they have been permakilled/name change? Permakill i think would be credits taken back to 0, RP wise your a new trooper, Name change take it to admins or who's in charge of the credits system so they can take note of your new name, Event characters wouldn't have the need for credits they would be returning to there normal characters after the event plus event characters need to be fitted out to what the event master wants, what the event master gives you is what you get 
  • How would credits play a part in legal situations such as a court trial or martial? As i said Shock/riot can hand out fines we could also implement Court fees
  • How can backtracking credit transactions or a "paper trail" be created or managed? To be honest that one i dont know maybe the mod we use has a system you can check that will log when people transfer credits and you can make it in order to see this you need enough evidence you cant just check it whenever and make it that IHC or ISB are the only ones who can check it

Edited by WildJimmy

In text, credits sound like a great idea. But like people have said before, to get a stable economy we'd need actual professionals to help with pricing, taxation and the lot. Imo, if we're adding credits, we may aswell add the rest.

Take different RP games like samp, the economy after a year is often hugely inflated after most things are bought, meaning everything needs to be resold, then the market price of most things would need to rise to keep up with the rise in prices, its just a huge head fuck.

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Keta said:

In text, credits sound like a great idea. But like people have said before, to get a stable economy we'd need actual professionals to help with pricing, taxation and the lot. Imo, if we're adding credits, we may aswell add the rest.

Take different RP games like samp, the economy after a year is often hugely inflated after most things are bought, meaning everything needs to be resold, then the market price of most things would need to rise to keep up with the rise in prices, its just a huge head fuck.

It's exactly the same thing that happened with TF2 and CS:GO. Harmless things such as metal, hats and weapon skins have turned into currency and have created this massive economy. If we were to add credits, without a doubt we would have to have a proper economy system and with that, economy and market management. To have a simplified system would be underwhelming. As Keta said, you need the full market experience.

Some people take this kind of stuff really seriously, just like with roleplay. I know I did; I was a frequent TF2 trader back in the day and gained a name for myself on the trading servers I went on. I constantly researched market trends for my items and items I wanted as well as the the state of the economy. I can easily see the same thing happening here, and it would change the face of the server and possibly take away from other aspects of the game. It can also add to it though. As I said previously, everything needs to be evaluated - it can go so right or go so wrong.

I might be taking this too seriously...

3 minutes ago, Chef said:

I might be taking this too seriously...

your not... after reading everyone's response i can see what you mean and why it is a bad idea its something that is good on paper but bad in practice. it will be too hard to maintain/introduce and also has potential to break the server. you, Keta, Stevo and Pinejack posted with really good reason why we shouldn't have it and i agree now

4 minutes ago, WildJimmy said:

your not... after reading everyone's response i can see what you mean and why it is a bad idea its something that is good on paper but bad in practice. it will be too hard to maintain/introduce and also has potential to break the server. you, Keta, Stevo and Pinejack posted with really good reason why we shouldn't have it and i agree now

I don't think we shouldn't have it, but it should be thoroughly evaluated. With every action comes an opposite reaction, i.e. if we add this, there needs to be consequences that need to be addressed. As @Goliath said, this will be discussed with the developers and the content team (which I am a part of). Don't lose faith yet.

Just now, Chef said:

I don't think we shouldn't have it, but it should be thoroughly evaluated. With every action comes an opposite reaction, i.e. if we add this, there needs to be consequences that need to be addressed. As @Goliath said, this will be discussed with the developers and the content team (which I am a part of). Don't lose faith yet.

not losing faith just realising that i didn't put much thought into the idea i was too busy thinking off all the good that can come from  it i should have stopped and thought of all the negatives and addressed them in the first post but its good next time i have a suggestion i know to put a bit more thought into it and explain all positives and negatives in it this has help me thank you :)

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Emerald said:

Just seems like a waste of time in my opinion, Pointshop is basically able to replace it once its fixed.

Edited by Butcher232

Hi @WildJimmy,

Your suggestion has been discussed with the rest of the development team.  We unfortunately regret to inform you that your idea will not be implemented.  We on the dev team value community input value your contribution, and I would like to thank you on behalf of @Martibo and the rest of the team.

Regards,

Goliath

Developer

• Upvote 2