• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AusyTyranid

Freeman Event Master Application

Steam Name: AusyTyranid

Steam ID: 6561198010524021

In Game Name and Rank: Major Freeman

Time Played (Server Time): Joined in January. I currently have  3 weeks, 2 days and 11 hours in Garrys Mod.

Have you had any warns and/or bans (If so state them):  No

Have you been event master on any other servers (If so state them): No

Why are you applying to be an event master: Because you need more event masters. I went 8 hours straight on the Star destroyer and NOTHING happened. I honestly don't understand how some regiments can even recruit. They don't do anything outside events and it really hurts their growth if nothing happens.
Also because members of this server asked me to submit an application wanting to see what i would do with it.
Finally  because it is a way i can help this server without donating. Which i really can't afford to do right now. And i want to give back after you've helped me so much.

What can you bring to the event master team: Myself. A few months Ago I ran as a lead character in Sword Craft Quest.  This was a LIVE ACTION ROLE PLAY.  (LARP). I was one of 6 people working on the Story and high meta game for the event.

This event lasted for a week.
This event had over 700 people in game at once.

I was IC and RPing as a commander and a god like entity of one of the 5 great factions from 9am to midnight. During this time we had to re write the events while they ran. We created unique encounters and ran storielines as characters while running the game as GM's.

This is a very different experience to anything this server can or will be able to do. Not better or worse but unique.

I have also run UN style
political games. For anywhere between 6 to 20 people. Very small RP's enclosed and without outside influence. 

I am very well trained Actor and a trained writer. With experience in Mechanics and game design on a grand and a micro scale.

What can you do to make events more enjoyable and attract more people: I can run mini events really quick. No guns, no fighting.  Just something quick and fun when theirs been a large gap in events. I can create ideas quickly, helping to keep things moving. I will also focus on events that lower ranks can have more involvement in. So it isn't always the high ranks fixing everything. 

Do you have basic knowledge of ulx commands: No

Anything else you would like to add:
Look I am not experienced in Gmod. I only asked for PAC3 because people told me i'd do well with it once i learn. I am only asking for Events because friends on the server told me that they want me to create events and you guys broadcasterd that you want more event masters.  I don't like having power, it just makes me anxious. However I can create fun events and unique moments of RP for the players and even if it makes me uncomfortable... I think it will be worth it VIA the fun I will be able to create.

How I write events in in phases. 
Pre Phase: What needs to be done BEFORE the event even starts
Phase One/ two/ three/ ect: These phrases are broken up based on what NPC's and Event masters need to do. Allows communication to be quicker and more efficient , 

Event Idea 1:
OFF SHIP Pre phase:
-Gather as many NPC's as you can. (At least 6)
-Set NPC's as rebels or another enemy that would attack the empire. 
-Split NPC's into attackers and defenders.
-One defender given commander name
-One attacker given saber (Or more if we have more)
-NPC's told not to surrender.

-Comms in SOS from remote base every ten minutes.
-Order Navy to organise everyone for departure.

ON PLANET PRE PHRASE:
-Players spawn in base
-keep players in base.
-Build two mortors near seperate landmarks in the sand storm. Light cover. 
-Teleport defenders to First mortor 

- Reinforce town for defense. It should be hard to take, Add walls and towers.
-Teleport attacking NPC's to nearby the base but out of sight. 

ON PLANET PHASE 1:
-Commence
briefing, 
Recon sent into sand storm to find SOS
 signal everyone else stays for full briefing. Before the Briefing finishes the commanders are hit by meteors. It's a trap. 
Need an Event Master to continuously attack the base and teleport and res set attackers when needed.  

-Recon is given location of the 1st motor base and told to take it and destroy it ASAP.

-TAKE NO PRISONERS KOS order is issued

All troopers are ordered to take shelter in the base.
- The attacking NPC's are sent into attack soldiers taking shelter.

-Once one mortor base is destroyed significantly cut back on Mortor fire. Re set defending NPC's at the 2nd motor base and give location to the Recon team.

Once Both Mortor Bases are destroyed commence Phase 2.

ON PLANET PHASE 2:
Meteors STOP 
-All NPCs are reset and teleported to defend the town.
-Troopers orderd to form up and prepare to assault the enemy base.
-SOS Signal still going 
-(Not necessary: The Town launchers a couple fighters. Spawn a few Fighters for empire in base. )

-Attack the enemy base as one unit is ordered.
-Place teleporters for easy  respawn. 

The Town has High Value (UNCONSCIOUS)  Imp Prisoners and explosives in the same room. RP to get them out or the enemy commander will just blow them up. 

- Once negotiations are completed, commence phase 3 or end the event. 

ON PLANET Phase 3 :
-Delete previous teleporters. 
-Order the troopers to take defensive position and send in waves of enemy's to try and take the town back. 

PLACE TELEPORTERS FOR EASY RESPAWN OR if you have enough people: DEDICATED TROOP TRANSPORTS! 

hold a debrief, give placements and take troopers back to the Star Destroyer. 

Event Idea 2:
On Ship pre phase.
-Set up a prisoner transport ship.
-All NPC's are weaponless ST traitors. 

-Have one NPC be an Imperial cameraman .

On Ship Phase 1.
-
Hold a briefing and tell them that each regiment gets to execute one Traitor. Whoever dose it the most terrifyingly will receive a trophey. Each regiment can submit one plan. Not all plans will be excepted. (Because of reasons) 

On Ship Phase 2
-Event masters will then execute the plan as best as they can. Videos can be recorded and uploaded cos why not. 

-So basically just executing POW's. But you can get a trophy! YEY TROPHY!

Event Idea 3
On Ship pre-phase.
-
Receive message saying that A LOT of fighters are attacking  this way. Fill Hanger 1 and 2 with tie fighters. Put Sith fighter in tie bays.
-NPCs: Just hostile pilots and somewhere to teleport them to get into new ships. 
- THIS EVENT SHOULD BE SHORT. ONLY A FEW WAVES OF ENEMIES SHOULD BE REQUIRED. AS A QUICK SHORT EVENT IT WILL BE FAR BETTER.
-Recomend this event with less people on the server. 

On Ship Phase 1 Get everyone in a Tie and try (fail but try) A formation where they all line up in front of the Star destroyer

On Ship Phase 2 Bring in the enemy fighters and just enjoy the chaos

Spawn enemy fighters (and keep re spawning them ) until the event is over. Dont take it to long this should be a short and unique thing. To much of this will make it sour. 

(Note: This one has some VERY obvious downsides in that your gonna have minges flying. Or people who can not fly flying. However it is worth it just to give them all a taste)

After this event is over send them links to apply for their pilot licenses, 

Event Idea 4: 
On Ship pre-phase.
-Shuttle, older model. Perhaps republic or CIS.
-NPC's: Skin Small droids. half a dozen or so. No weapons. (Maybe a stun stick)

On Ship Phase 1. Shuttle just lands in Main Hanger One, without comms. Auto piloted.
Releases small droids that dart around the ship scanning things. (Make it a /me command bind the NPC's need to use.) Droids then try to get to a location with a console so they can upload data somewhere. 

Failing that they upload the data to their ship or keep running around until destroyed. 

Eventually someone should order to find and destroy the droids. Droids can be re spawned while the ship is still their and use enemy comms to upload data.

Event Idea 5: 
ON SHIP
  PRE PHASE:
-1-5 NPC's.
-Set them to the same Rank, Regiment and Name of a high rank already online. 

-Each spy is given a specific location. IHC, Engine Core, Bridge, Government, Riot and Shock Bunks. 
-Since they are not event characters they can be tased. 
-Place ties in the tie bay.

-NPC's told to never use a key card.
(Note: Need trusted RPers to NPC this one. We do not want to destroy someones Rep.) 

Phase 1: These spy's are to walk around the Star destroyer and attempt to break into areas without using any key cards. Asking for help or lying their way in. Trying to get onto computers or steal files. 

Phase 2 :
Once people work out that their are spy's on this ship make as much chaos as possible. Calling in False AOS, False KOS, Ordering PTS and PTE in random areas. Setting off Defcon 1. They can even call for a regiment to be disbanded or for power to be turned off. Also ordering guards to random locations. 

If they actually get any data.  Go straight to tie bays and flee without a word. 
Also if your cover is blown keep lying until your executed. If you can try to escape to tie bays.

Event Idea 6: 
ON SHIP
  PRE PHASE:
-3 NPC's.
-Set them to be ISB

-Send them to investigate claims of corruption in the Star Destroyer. After victories on cleansing corrupt troopers from Star Destroyer Hood. It is where they are from
-They have valid orders and ID.
-Instruct them to be insanely strict. Demanding paperwork and even critiquing spelling mistakes. (I want the players to want them dead)
-NO BRIBERY OR BLACKMAIL WILL BE ACCEPTED
-The NPC's will have been told privately they are loyal troopers.

Phase 1: Ship lands and they are formally greeted. The Investigation is not to be confined to one room where they can easily watched but will be done live as they investigate and supervise Shock, Riot, 669th and ISB activities. They are to remain non hostile at all times. These are loyal troopers. Just arseholes. Anyone trying to stop them or delay them will have their names written down for later interrogation. 

They will order troopers arrested for the smallest issues. Failing having a reason to arrest them will send troopers to clean their gear or run laps. 

Phase 2 : If anyone trys to hail the Star Destroyer Aeneas. Or if the events gone on long enough. The Star Destroyed Hood will order their execution for being AWOL and suspected rebels. Despite their paper work being correct. The NPC's surprise as well as the fact that paper work is in order should make people confused. NPC's will submit themselves for questioning willingly will not fight. But will beg for their lives.

Event Idea 7: 
ON SHIP
  PRE PHASE:
-A ISB agent is being sent to find missing ISB agents believed to be last reported on this ship. Sent by Star destroyer Hood.
-Maybe one or two guards.
-4-5 NPC Imperial droids. 

Phase 1: Agent Ship lands and asks to see ISB data. Has clearance and ect. He is taken into ISB and is surprised that they were here and they were executed by orders from Star Destroyer Hood.

He says he needs to take this information back to the Hood at once.

During this times the droids have been working on his ship. Crossing wires and rigging devices. After a few minutes of repairs they will leave to other parts of the ship. 

Phase 2:  The moment he enters his ship it will explode.  The droids at this point will attempt to break into ISB HQ and shoot at computers. Not at any person however.

It is revealed that these droids were hacked by someone with very high authorization. Which is why no alarms went off and how the droids were given clearance to enter.   

(Plot line Star Destroyer Robin Hood.)
-The basic idea of this plot line is that the Star destroyer Hood is very corrupt. Stealing from the empire and giving supplies to locals. This commander is against the Empires treatment of civilians but not willing to work with the rebels. He is trying to change things from within. However investigators are getting close to figuring him out. So one Cover up must lead to another and to another and while he is still loyal to the empire the extents he will go to save himself and those who support him are terrifying. 

- It starts with him sending a ISB team to their death by the players hands. Then killing (or trying to) the person investigating it. Eventually it will turn into stealing supplies,  internal rebellion and eventually selling secrets and suits of ST armor to the rebels. 

Event Idea 8: 
ON SHIP
  PRE PHASE:
-2 NPC pilots (regular equipment)

- 1 carrier of the artifact (Saber)
-A Jedi Artifact is brought onto the ship. 

Phase 1: Sith take the artifact away. The pilots run off to talk to Navy/ ISB. 
They explain to ISB/ Navy that the artifact has the ability to mind control force users. The last Star destroyer it was on was taken over by force wielders and it crashed into the planet killing everyone.

While one tells this to Navy/ ISB another trys to gather trooper commanders and tells them.

After investigating the Artifact the Sith find out it can influence non force wielders to turn against the Dark side. The Carrier tells them the last Star Destroyer it was on crashed into a planet and everyone died. 

(The Carrier and pilots are the only ones effected. The artifact is trying to get them to kill each other.)

Phase 2:  Communications go down. We deal with the chaos.

Whether the players decide to use diplomacy or force to resolve the situation is up to them. This is a player Vs Player conflict. With a couple NPC's to act as a catalyst to speed up tensions.

Phase 3: If /when they work out they are being played. They will likely turn against the pilots and the Carrier. Set their health higher and let them get beaten to death. 

Edited by AusyTyranid
Cleaning things up as requested.

NEUTRAL - I think that you would make a good event master but I feel as if this application was rushed a little. I would suggest going back over and proof reading it in order to correct some of the errors within it. I would also like to see you put a little more effort into the last two applications, as they are a bit bare bones at the moment. Good luck :) 

33 minutes ago, pinejack said:

NEUTRAL - I think that you would make a good event master but I feel as if this application was rushed a little. I would suggest going back over and proof reading it in order to correct some of the errors within it. I would also like to see you put a little more effort into the last two applications, as they are a bit bare bones at the moment. Good luck :) 

Neutral

I totally agree with @Pinecone on this one.

I believe you would do well as an Event Master, It's just those little mistakes that need fixing up.

Good Luck!

On 5/19/2018 at 9:33 PM, Emerald said:

Neutral

I totally agree with @Pinecone on this one.

I believe you would do well as an Event Master, It's just those little mistakes that need fixing up.

Good Luck!

UPDATED RESPONSE!

Edited by Zeta

9 hours ago, pinejack said:

11 hours ago, pinejack said:

Agreed

Ok, I would like a bit more detail in what can you bring to the event master team and if you don't know ULX commands, youtube them. Go onto a single player server and give them a go on yourself or bring along a friend. You're mature and trust worthy from what I've seen. However, I would like to see your activity increase. +1

All right I've tried to clean everything up and put in more experience and relevant stuff.

God I hate typing... 

As always- Sorry for the spelling and grammer.

(I used  Red cos Riot,)

Edited by AusyTyranid

1 hour ago, Peguin said:

Ok, I would like a bit more detail in what can you bring to the event master team and if you don't know ULX commands, youtube them. Go onto a single player server and give them a go on yourself or bring along a friend. You're mature and trust worthy from what I've seen. However, I would like to see your activity increase. +1

Unfortently my new job has me working most days from 4pm -9pm or 10pm.

It's really hard to be active the same time as most of you guys are. I am still tryin tho. :)

I'm not really sure how I stand on this. Your events are well formatted, but especially in regards to the first one, there is not a whole lot more than go here shoot that, go there shoot that. Creating an event plan is one thing, but adapting it to Gmod is a whole 'nother story. 

In addition to my previous statement, it worries me that your gaming lingo is slack, NPCs stand for Non-Player Controlled. Yet you have referenced NPCs for player enemy roles. It is not this that directly curves my view, but the thought that you may not realise what you are trying to do here when given control of a scenario existing inside a game.

My final statement is as follows. You have claimed that you are applying because people want you to, there is issues with this. I'll use myself as an example here. When I'm in the mood to run an event, I have a new golden idea that I have thought of that I would like to experiment with, i.e. my stealth OP missions I do occasionally, or dark side cult I have established. But when I'm not feeling up to it, my event is nothing but a go here and shoot that. My worry is that if you aren't in it for yourself at all, the motivation will not come to you. Believe me, motivation does not come easy for EMs.    

Side-note to all, telling EMs they should run an event does nothing but make us want to spite you with no event.

Edited by DeeDee

On 5/20/2018 at 7:54 PM, DeeDee said:

I'm not really sure how I stand on this. Your events are well formatted, but especially in regards to the first one, there is not a whole lot more than go here shoot that, go there shoot that. Creating an event plan is one thing, but adapting it to Gmod is a whole 'nother story. 

In addition to my previous statement, it worries me that your gaming lingo is slack, NPCs stand for Non-Player Controlled. Yet you have referenced NPCs for player enemy roles. It is not this that directly curves my view, but the thought that you may not realise what you are trying to do here when given control of a scenario existing inside a game.

My final statement is as follows. You have claimed that you are applying because people want you to, there is issues with this. I'll use myself as an example here. When I'm in the mood to run an event, I have a new golden idea that I have thought of that I would like to experiment with, i.e. my stealth OP missions I do occasionally, or dark side cult I have established. But when I'm not feeling up to it, my event is nothing but a go here and shoot that. My worry is that if you aren't in it for yourself at all, the motivation will not come to you. Believe me, motivation does not come easy for EMs.    

Side-note to all, telling EMs they should run an event does nothing but make us want to spite you with no event.

I think i should respond to each point on this.
Event 1: Firstly, while the first event is more combat intensive then RP, however it is far more then just walk and shoot.
We Have the Scout Regiment scouting and a few elite teams joining them in small direct and important targets. 
We have a panicked defense while getting shelled and attacked at random interviews.
We have a crossing towards an enemy outpost with 0 cover. A killing ground crossing.
We have a reverse of the same combat situation with next to no prep change needed.
-Each combat encounter is different with scaling difficulty until your faced with a finale lower difficulty win to raise morale. 

Event 2: No hostiles to fight.

Event 3: Space combat.

Event 4: A fast paced chase trying to find small intelligent hiders. These hiders are also directly ordered to find people, stay next to them long enough to type in chat and then flee. No one event character not being found for 5 minutes. 

Event 5: No hostiles to fight. Unless you start it.

So I am not sure what you mean by just walk and shoot when every combat encounter has been designed to be different from any other one in any example.

For my 'gaming lingo' While NPC and PC has a variation of uses. The term i am using is the same from game design classes and interactive theater, as well as a LARP. That variation is a Non-Player Character.  (Although non-primary or non paying would both apply.) That is any character that is under the control of a Player Character. (Or Paying character or Primary Character their mostly interchangeable. )

So from that understanding of the definition you can cover any charterer that is not designed to be acted by the audience or customer. So An actor on stage, An actor pretending to be in the audience, A computer controlled AI, A once off general running the Event controlled by an Event Master. Bots Ect.

I am sure we all understand that different communities and industries develop different uses for the same term, that stuff you just pick up via proximity. 

As far as not doing this for myself. Yep. 100% on the mark. 

I can't do things for my own joy. I have had Anhedonia for a long time now.  Motivation is already difficult for me but I do things to make others feel good. I am applying because people have told me they would enjoy me running an event. That's enough for me. That's all I've ever needed to do things.

So I'm not doing this for me... Because I honestly can't....

I'll write up some more focused events on RP later tomorrow because I have work i gotta head to. 

On 5/20/2018 at 7:54 PM, DeeDee said:

I have to agree very very much here with DeeDee, motivation does not come easy.

On 5/19/2018 at 11:49 PM, AusyTyranid said:

Why are you applying to be an event master: Because you need more event masters. I went 8 hours straight on the Star destroyer and NOTHING happened. I honestly don't understand how some regiments can even recruit. They don't do anything outside events and it really hurts their growth if nothing happens.
Also because members of this server asked me to submit an application wanting to see what i would do with it.
Finally  because it is a way i can help this server without donating. Which i really can't afford to do right now. And i want to give back after you've helped me so much.

With this, don't do it because someone else is telling you to, do it because you want to. "Because we need more Event masters" we don't need more, we need more Quality events, not event masters. The reason why you are applying as an Event Master is to give good events to the server and to help entertain the people playing on the server. I wouldn't include "also because members of this server asked me to submit an application" because it looks like you aren't wanting to be an Event Master from the heart. 

+1

• Friendly
  • Mature
  • Trusted Member
  • Well-known
  • Very Helpful
  • Creative

Good app, +1, reason we have trial event master is to test the person on whether they can cope with the stress.

Edited by Keta

Accepted. Please Contact myself for an interview, message me on the forums for any questions.