Server Changelog 04/04/2018

• Advisor

Changes:

• Awarn system has been reinstalled with a newer version due to the old one just giving up and breaking on the 03/03/2018. (Enjoy it staff, you will like the new look and features) 
  • a health change to 2 job classes of Regiments that have gone inactive to balance them out. 
  • Both new Lore General jobs have been added

Added:

• N/A

Removed:

• N/A

Changes coming soon:

• Due to recent events with uploading new job code, we have decided to completely redo the job file to start fresh by removing all unused regiments to create a nicer look in the f4 menu and on the file itself. However, there are over 10000 lines of code to go through and redo so this will take a while and will not be completed/uploaded to the server until it is deemed necessary to do so by the management team.
  • New maps will be coming soon due to the Event Master team request, when this happens I will do the same as in the last changelog and provide the steam URL link for players who wish to download through a workshop or can't download the map. 
  • Quest system is currently going to go back into production however it will start production again After pointshop, utime and new maps are added/fixed. 
  • Pointshop 2 will most likely be removed from our server to be replaced with a better and sleek looking pointshop that is a better choice for our server due to Pointshop 2 has unneeded features and scripts which just wastes space on our server while the newer one has less unneeded features and scripts. Pointhsop 2 is also causing issues such as random inventory wipes, randomly breaks during peak time which causes spamming of errors in the console. However, if we decide to go with the new Pointhsop, you will be given enough warning for you to take a screenshot of your inventory and your current points and create a post on the forums in a designated area so when I implement it, I can then start to refund/regive everyone points and current inventory space so you do not lose anything. If you do not take screenshots than I am unable to give you replacement items in your inventory on the new one as I won't have any proof which is why I am giving you time to take screenshots if the new pointshop gets implemented. 
  • I am currently working on the Utime glitch that happened recently to some players, please be patient as I am trying to find what caused it and replace missing hours. 
  • New pilot regiment/ranks, we tried to do this the other day, however, we hit a very risky issue so we have had to postpone it until a later date this week or next week.
  • Unused addons in our server will start to be removed and I will supply steams links so you will be able to unsubscribe from them if you wish. 

Changes I would like to add:

• I would like to implement an Update notifier ingame where it's very similar to this changelog, however, it pops up in-game in a nice UI layout box when you either first spawn into the server or by chat command such as !updates. However, I would like the communities idea on this before I just implement something you do not want so please comment below if you would like this to be added. 
  • Upvote 4
  • Wolf pinned this topic
11 minutes ago, Wolf said:

you will be given enough warning for you to take a screenshot of your inventory and your current points and create a post on the forums in a designated area so when I implement it, I can then start to refund/regive everyone points and current inventory space so you do not lose anything. If you do not take screenshots than I am unable to give you replacement items in your inventory on the new one as I won't have any proof which is why I am giving you time to take screenshots if the new pointshop gets implemented. 

I can't actually take a screenshot of my current points or inventory, I can't even view Pointshop anymore.

• Advisor
1 minute ago, Emerald said:

I can't actually take a screenshot of my current points or inventory, I can't even view Pointshop anymore.

Ill be fixing that so you will be able to dont worry.  I have to lock everything down so you cannot buy or earn any more points and then it will be able to be viewed so it doesnt cause lua errors and break other addons. 

• Upvote 2

Current changes look good, I also like the direction the future updates are taking. Looks like it's going to be a fun challenge for all involved!

6 hours ago, Wolf said:

Changes I would like to add:

• I would like to implement an Update notifier ingame where it's very similar to this changelog, however, it pops up in-game in a nice UI layout box when you either first spawn into the server or by chat command such as !updates. However, I would like the communities idea on this before I just implement something you do not want so please comment below if you would like this to be added. 

Huuuuuge +1 to this idea. It would ensure that everyone, even some players who don't like to use to forums, can stay up to date with important changes.

6 hours ago, Wolf said:

Awarn system has been reinstalled with a newer version due to the old one just giving up and breaking on the 03/03/2018. (Enjoy it staff, you will like the new look and features) 

Keen to check this out! 

Excellent effort once again Wolf, love your work! :x

• Upvote 1
  • Bailey locked this topic
  • Bailey unpinned this topic
  • Bailey unfeatured this topic