yahell1

Jets Trial Moderator Application

Steam Name: yahell1

Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:40723596

In Game Name: Chief of Staff Jet

Time Played (Server Time/Screenshot evidence): 4 Weeks, 2 Days and 4 Hours. Untitled.png

Have you had any warns (If so state them): Only 1 when I first started playing IG and I'm unsure how I got it.

Have you had any bans (If so state them): None to my knowledge.

Have you been staff on any other servers (If so state them):

• Owner of Epsilon Gaming (Small Time Minecraft/Gmod Community) which closed down sometime over 7 years ago
  • Community Moderator / Senior Administrator for The Gaming Council which closed sometime last year.

Why are you applying for TMOD: I am applying for Trial Moderator because I have a large amount experience in this area, I enjoy helping the community and its members and I am in a role currently which does provide me more spare time, I would prefer that time be used towards something of value.

What can you bring to the staff team: As mentioned, I have gained a lot of experience in management and moderation on other communities, I am active most afternoons and weekends when I am not working, I have extensive knowledge of ULX and other management tools and I am usually very level-headed.

Scenarios
Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you?: In a normal situation I would review the logs and check for the players SteamID, I would use the SteamID to warn the player for Mass RDM and then ban for an appropriate duration, most likely anywhere between 1 week to a permanent ban as I believe Mass RDM is a serious issue that requires a serious punishment.

Someone is bullying another player. What do you do?: I would proceed to verbally warn the bullying player/s to stop and if they continue provide an actual warn. then I would actively monitor the player/s and if the bullying should continue I would proceed by kicking the bullying player/s. Bullying is not fair to the player that is being bullied and I do not like to see it happen to others.

You see a higher up staff abuse their powers. What do you do?: First I would start recording the situation as it develops, then I would contact a higher up and alert them of the situation. After then all I can really do it stay out of the way and ensure other players can continue playing. I find that these situations don't usually occur but when they do you cannot really do much in the ways of stopping them, all you can really do is just take as much information as you can and stop others from getting involved.

Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?: In most communities I have been on DDOSing either threatened or actual is a serious offence. I would take evidence of the threat and proceed to remove them from the server with a ban for 1 day, then I would communicate with a higher ranking staff member and inform them of the situation and provide evidence. In the previous communities I have moderated I see this as a very serious threat regardless of being fake or real and I believe it should always be taken seriously.

Terms
I accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming, and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

Edited by yahell1
Updated Application
  • Upvote 5

+1 I couldn't give a bigger +1 

Jet is one of the most trustworthy people I know and I believe you would make a great Moderator.

• Friendly
  • Helpful
  • Trustworthy
  • Active
  • Good Playtime

Good Luck!

Edited by Emerald

+1

Jet is absolutely perfect in every perceivable way and checks all the criteria to be a staff member for Imperial Gaming. I would trust him as a staff member as much as I trust him to keep my AI systems running. Accept him NOW.

about time jeez

Edited by Chef
  • Like 1

Neutral

-He is a good member of the community and would make a good addition to the staff team.

-The application really lacks effort and detail.

- The application seems to be rushed.

@yahell1 Please fix this. I really want to give you a +1.

• Like 1

-1, you didn't take this application seriously and there's little to no effort put into it.

I must agree with @Pavonis, I know you can do better then this, it seems like you rushed this app and didn't take the time to put effort into.

Edited by ANiX
  • Like 1

Neutral. 

Good guy and all, but very poor effort put into the app.   If you cant be bothered making a good app, it makes me wonder how you'd act as a staff member

38 minutes ago, ANiX said:

I must agree with @Pavonis, I know you can do better then this, it seems like you rushed this app and didn't take the time to put effort into.

You all make a good point and I do agree with you that applications should be detailed. But I will note that I put a good hour into this and as I have stated in my application I have done most of this on my mobile phone.

I do believe my app is detailed in a way where I do answer the question but in words that explain but do not drag on in excessive and unessecary wording. However for those who require more, I have gone ahead and detailed up my responses a little more.

Enjoy :)

• Upvote 2

+1

• Active
  • Mature
  • Long Time Member
  • Trustworthy
  • Hard Working
  • And has stated he has alot of experience already as it is

Hell I Trusted him within MHC And I'm willing to trust him as a moderator

I wish you luck :) 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Imposing said:

+1

• Active
  • Mature
  • Long Time Member
  • Trustworthy
  • Hard Working

agreed. +1

+1

But no man spreading!

EDIT:

Jet, you haven't taken any criticism from the responses to this application, mostly of people saying to you to change your application.

I am changing to a -1 after seeing how this application has changed over time, which it hasn't.

Edited by Twinkie
  • Haha 1

Neutral = Grey | Bad = Red | Good = Green 

+1 

- Super nice Guy/Girl in game

- Great at commanding

- Strict and fun at the same time

- Very Trustworthy

- Nice detailed application (It's Quality not Quantity)

- Tidy up your application make the text a bit larger to 16 and add some colours

Edited by CrunchyNapkin
  • Like 1

+1

Good luck, I hope you get Trial Moderator! c:

On 28/3/2561 at 6:39 PM, Imposing said:

+1

• Active
  • Mature
  • Long Time Member
  • Trustworthy
  • Hard Working
  • And has stated he has alot of experience already as it is

Hell I Trusted him within MHC And I'm willing to trust him as a moderator

I wish you luck :) 

@yahell1

At this current stage we will allow this application to remain up for more Community feedback. Overall you have had positive feedback from the community but some items have been raised by staff.

Things we would like to see improved :
- More detail put in to your application. All staff know what you are capable of (Including myself who has seen some amazing documents from yourself in relation to ALD) if you can show that amount of effort in your T-Mod Application it will be amazing. Remember your application is a representation of yourself to the community.

If you work on this then change will be noticed and we will reassess your application.

**Notice Provided** - Will Reassess in 1 week.

+1

• Mature 
  • Friendly
  • Active
  • Well Known Among The Community

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I Feel That Jet Will Be A Good Candidate For T-Mod From Reasons Stated Above ^ 

Still I Feel Your Application Can Be Improved By Adding More Details To It.

Good Luck!

Edited by Mythical

I am changing my original opinion to a -1 as Jet has refused to update and edit his application with further information even when asked to by management. I also feel that in recent times, he has become a bit more hostile and bias towards various community members.

2 hours ago, pinejack said:

I am changing my original opinion to a -1 as Jet has refused to update and edit his application with further information even when asked to by management. I also feel that in recent times, he has become a bit more hostile and bias towards various community members.

I honestly have no idea why you making these claims, I made edits to my application a while ago after @Whitey made the his comment and I just recently made more edits. In the matter of saying I am hostile and bias, Besides keeping in character in-game I usually get along well with others unless there is an obvious reason, I speak my mind when I reply to other peoples posts regardless of it coming off a bit harsh but I always say not to take it personally.

If you feel that I am wrong in my comment please let me know but I honestly don't see what you mean.

• Like 1