Peguin's/ Adiana Caton's Trial moderator application

Steam Name: Peguin

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:1545775

In game name and rank:

Name: Adiana Caton

Time Played: 3 weeks, 4 days, 3 hours

Why are you applying for this position?: I'm applying for this position because I like to help people out. I like things running smoothly. I don't like minges and fail RP and will hand out warns if needed to, I find that it kind of ruins the entire point, as it is an RP server. Sometimes when someone says something in the admin chat it goes unnoticed or the person has to wait for what could be a very important issue. For something like that if I was a trial moderator and it was an important issue I would consult a moderator/ admin who knows how to handle the situation and learn how they would resolve it. I don't see much staff on at 7 - 9 am Brisbane time. It would be nice to see more as there may be problems that happen at this time that no one can fix. I can be on at 8 and later but on some days, but it's better than nothing. I know some people may not like or know me or even both, but this is a good opportunity to get to be more involved in the community and possibly make me more likable by others within the server. I know how hard the admins, moderators and EMs work and I feel like they need to catch a break and I believe I can help them out to make sure that things a running correctly and less stressful for the admins and moderators.

How will allowing you to be apart of our staff team help us: I can help by doing the things no one else wants to or helping out by things that the other admins/ moderators don't know of or the little things like people getting stuck in elevators and people getting the wrong lightsaber etc. I try to be on every day and as much as I can so I can help out the server and make it an awesome community. I usually join events so I always have to ask EMs, admins or moderators to set me back and give me a tool gun to get the correct lightsaber (When I was an Inquisitor). If I was a trial moderator I wouldn't have to do that and I wouldn't have to bug admins about it. As I've said I'm on at 8 AM and later and around that time I don't see any staff, no moderators, no admins and no EMs so I can always keep a look out at this time and report anything that goes wrong to the other admins, moderators or EMs and or resolve the situation myself. Since EG I've seen so many people leave that are EMs Moderators and even Caboose, I don't feel that's right. You've made a commitment to the server and I expect that people who get a role like that uphold that commitment and if I do get Trial Moderator I hope to show that to the Staff team and the server.

Have you been a Staff on previous servers if so please list them: I have never been a member of staff on other servers as Imperial Gaming is the only server I play.

Have you had any warnings, kicks or bans if so please list them:

Warnings: 4, one for mic spam, one for 10-hour long video before the sign was up for only 15-minute videos. Both of these warns were given to me when I was very new to the server and haven't received a warning since. The other two were from tool gun abuse and FailRP, I didn't know that I couldn't spawn props in props and I sat on a tie-fighter, which someone else has done before and I didn't see any warnings or punishment and as a sith inquisitor at the time, I thought it would be ok.

Kicks: No kicks

Bans: No bans

What can you bring to Imperial Gaming: I can bring a loyal, helpful and kind yet impartial moderator. An extra cog in a machine if you will. Me being a trial moderator can help out the staff and help take off the pressure of having to make sure everything happens correctly and right. I can also bring a positive feel the server and when people think about the server itself they think that it was a welcoming, positive, friendly Star Wars RP experience. I can bring an approachable staff member who can help out with any problem if needed to. If I don't know how to fix the problem I'll ask a senior admin/ moderator and I will learn as they fix it themselves so if that problem ever happens again I can fix it myself without having to bother the other staff members.

Scenarios
Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you?: I warn them for mass RDM| DCing to avoid Admin sit.

Someone is bullying another player. What do you do?: I tell them not to and if they continue to bully I'll warn them.

You see a higher up staff abuse their powers. What do you do?: I record it and tell the other staff members.

Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?: I would permanently ban that person forever. It cannot be tolerated on this server or on any server.

Anything else you would like to add: I will be updating my application and adding more.

Terms

I Peaguin, accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

Edited by Peguin

Not harsh enough punishments

this:

14 minutes ago, Peguin said:

I usually join events so I always have to ask EMs, admins or moderators to set me back and give me a tool gun to get the correct lightsaber (When I was an Inquisitor). If I was a trial moderator I wouldn't have to do that and I wouldn't have to bug admins about it.

• 3 weeks later...

+1

From my time as DT Colonel/High Colonel, I have seen Peguin change a lot, from a bit of a minge into a good roleplayer who takes things seriously. Accepting this app could really bring Peguin into line and set him on the right path to be a very respected member of IG. 

One thing though, maybe do a complete redo of your app to make it seem more professional in areas especially the Warns/Kicks/Bans area, which is your biggest problem at the moment.

Good luck, Peguin!

Twinkie

• Whitey locked this topic