Lincoln's T-Mod Application

Steam Name: Lincoln

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:81879870 

In Game Name: ISB Senior Chief Lincoln

Time Played (Server Time/Screenshot evidence): 3w | 5d | 13h | 12m 

Have you had any warns (If so state them): 
Yes, 1 warns from Frank for mic spam on 8/04/17. To explain, I was mucking around in the mess hall playing a recorder over my mic. Frank told me to stop via in-game text chat, which I did not see, he then warned me about it. I'll admit it was a huge mistake, one that I learned from immediately, and never repeated again. 

Have you had any bans (If so state them): 
No, I have never been banned from the IG server.

Have you been staff on any other servers (If so state them): 
Moderator on Golden Gaming (DarkRP) around three years ago before it closed down.

Why are you applying for TMOD: 
I enjoyed my time as an Event Master, but always felt more drawn to the Moderation side of the staff team. The role is incredibly dynamic, with each situation you deal with being different and requiring a different level of care and attention than the last. That kind of dynamic is exciting and motivating for me, and my time as an Event Master gave me a good feeling for what its like to be a staff member for a community like this one. Whenever I did a bad event in the past, there was no shouting or complaining. Instead, I was given constructive feedback by many different people, ranging from my Event Characters to other Event Masters. That kind of attitude is the kind I would like to cultivate as a moderator for this community when I'm called to a situation. And, above all else, I would love to serve the community once more, from a different angle. Moderators are in it with the players whenever there is any kind of problem, they are the ones relied upon to deliver the best possible outcome for everyone. That is a responsibility that I would like to have, to improve the experience of the members of this community. 

What can you bring to the staff team: 
I have extensive knowledge of the ULX menu, and Garry's Mod as a whole from my time as an Event Master for the IG Community, as well as a level-headed, no-nonsense approach when it comes to stressful situations. Despite my fairly minimal and out-dated moderation experience, I believe that I have the necessary foundations, both in my personal life and on the server, to learn how to effectively moderate the server very quickly. I love to help out anyone that I can with anything that may be bothering them, ensuring that they get a result that they are happy with. My friendly demeanour and personality as a whole make me an ideal candidate to effectively communicate with the players.

Scenarios:

Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you?: 
Such a blatant disregard for the rules of the server, as well as the knowledge they are breaking a rule shown by them disconnecting to avoid a punishment, deserves a Permanent Ban from the server, as they clearly have no intention to join the community and roleplay properly. 

Someone is bullying another player. What do you do?: 
Talk to the victim of the bullying privately and ask him/her to verbally explain what has been going on. Following this, I would request to see any clips/screenshots that the victim may have to get solid evidence that this is the truth of what has been occurring. If no evidence can be produced, I would then move off and talk to the accused privately about what he/she is potentially guilty of. If they own up to what they've done, I will bring the victim in and explain to both parties what I will be doing, which is a formal warning for Player Disrespect. If no evidence is produced and the accused does not own up to the accusations, I would dismiss the accused and inform the victim that I will be keeping a very close eye on them to make sure that they do not disrespect any other players, staff or the victim again. During this time, I would utilize the either the spectate function of ULX or simply no-clip around with the accused to monitor their behavior, recording my perspective the entire time. If the accused performs the action again, I would take screenshots of any chat used and bring them into a staff sit where I would explain to them that I had been monitoring their behavior and that I have both recorded evidence and screenshots to prove this if any higher up staff had any doubts. I would inform them that they would be receiving a warning for Player disrespect and that they should learn from their mistake and fix their behavior for the future.

You see a higher up staff abuse their powers. What do you do?: 
Record the abuse with screen capture software, take screenshots, and submit them to a Senior Admin to allow them to take the necessary action. 

Someone threatens to DDOS the server. What do you do?: 
If the threat comes through text chat, I would highlight the text and screenshot it. If it comes through the mic, I would call another staff member to come and get them to validate that the person did, in fact, say that. I would then, if the person sounds very serious, kick them from the server, and inform a higher-up staff member about what has occurred, the steps I have taken, and what to do if the person comes back saying the same thing.

• Whitey locked this topic