Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Qteks

Staff Report: Ridge

13 minutes ago, Shaz said:

I have something important to write and i uploaded these without writing it. 

To begin, since i am greek, there is a classical greek philosophy i would like to bring up;; IT STATES;

"Man is a political animal, meaning an animal with an innate propensity to develop more complex communities the size of a city or town, with a division of labor and law-making. This type of community is different in kind from a large family, and requires the special use of human reason. [12]"

Although Not holding much context at the moment, it's essentially trying to say, "what the fuck guys why do we all have to attack people and jump on the bandwagon and attack them more, what gain is anyone gonna get out of this?" Very liberal use of the passage, trust me. i don't know about anyone posting on this forum but i'd venture to guess none of you actually want ridge demoted, your human nature just suggests that you need something to do with this.

I am a very long time friend of ridges dating back to the orignal DT officers and we have had many many fun times together so i want to post this to give some context. 

Without occasional minging this server would be deader than my respect for ubisoft. I want to write a comment here upon how what ridge and the other admins do that actually makes the server fun. Its going to be a little bit until i type it but check back in a couple of minutes.

What i want to say is i have known this man for a very long time and uploading shit without context makes it look like i am against him. Alright, everyone is ripping into ridge just because he did some dumb shit out of character. Sure, he might not rp as much as we would like him to but tearing him a new asshole is not going to change anything. This is a man who got to this rank and if he did that he must have done something right. 

"Although Not holding much context at the moment, it's essentially trying to say, "what the fuck guys why do we all have to attack people and jump on the bandwagon and attack them more, what gain is anyone gonna get out of this?" "Let's start with this. People aren't jumping on the bandwagon. Bandwagon means you have no opinion you just agree with the majority. A lot of people here have had personal experiences with the situation and thus weighing in their opinion. "

"i don't know about anyone posting on this forum but i'd venture to guess none of you actually want ridge demoted, your human nature just suggests that you need something to do with this." You think you're some sort of philosophical psychologist,  but you couldn't be further from the truth. Some people do seek attention, but that's not what this thread is about. This thread is about identifying an underlying issue within the community that Ridge is now the center of.

"I am a very long time friend of ridges." Why don't you just say "Here is my biased opinion"?????

"Without occasional minging this server would be deader than my respect for ubisoft." Seriously? How can you justify minging, and that of a Senior Admin? Ridge is a Senior Admin, if he wanted to do something fun, all he would have to do is formulate a mini-event and run it.

"This is a man who got to this rank and if he did that he must have done something right." To be honest, I don't know how a lot of the staff on this server got their rank. Sure, they may have been here for a while, but they certainly don't respect the roles given to them. Unfortunately Wolf doesn't regulate them often enough in a strict and fair matter to keep them in-line. 

• Upvote 4

Wow @Qteks good work on the post, you've got some balls mate ! About time this was bought to light.

But seriously as a high ranking staff member this is just unacceptable, when i was staff i witnessed very questionable things Ridge has done.

And even worse Suna who isnt staff gets community banned for a picture, the community is quite corrupt and has been for a while and is the reason you will rarely see me around anymore.

Edited by Barron
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, LePaul said:

"Although Not holding much context at the moment, it's essentially trying to say, "what the fuck guys why do we all have to attack people and jump on the bandwagon and attack them more, what gain is anyone gonna get out of this?" "Let's start with this. People aren't jumping on the bandwagon. Bandwagon means you have no opinion you just agree with the majority. A lot of people here have had personal experiences with the situation and thus weighing in their opinion. "

"i don't know about anyone posting on this forum but i'd venture to guess none of you actually want ridge demoted, your human nature just suggests that you need something to do with this." You think you're some sort of philosophical psychologist,  but you couldn't be further from the truth. Some people do seek attention, but that's not what this thread is about. This thread is about identifying an underlying issue within the community that Ridge is now the center of.

"I am a very long time friend of ridges." Why don't you just say "Here is my biased opinion"?????

"Without occasional minging this server would be deader than my respect for ubisoft." Seriously? How can you justify minging, and that of a Senior Admin? Ridge is a Senior Admin, if he wanted to do something fun, all he would have to do is formulate a mini-event and run it.

"This is a man who got to this rank and if he did that he must have done something right." To be honest, I don't know how a lot of the staff on this server got their rank. Sure, they may have been here for a while, but they certainly don't respect the roles given to them. Unfortunately Wolf doesn't regulate them often enough in a strict and fair matter to keep them in-line. 

+1

Shaz is making an assload of assumptions about what people on this server want and is assigning an agenda to what a lot of us are saying.

Personally, I believe that this is what staff report threads are for - to give our personal testimonies to issues that we've had. That doesn't mean we have a motivation, that's what you're supposed to do when staff misbehaves.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Barron said:

Wow @Qteks good work on the post, you've got some balls mate ! About time this was bought to light.

But seriously as a high ranking staff member this is just unacceptable, when i was staff i witnessed very questionable things Ridge has done.

And even worse Suna who isnt staff gets community banned for a picture, community is quite corrupt and has been for a while and is the reason you will rarely see me around anymore.

Miss you Barron. But it's completely understandable, probably why you rarely see any of the original characters around.

• Like 1

Look if no demotion or removal is put in place then this is corrupt, there is a long list of staff who deserve that position much more.

and 

@LePaul You've hit the nail, spot on my dude. In my opinion the entire staff team needs to be restructured, some  staff do not deserve their ranks while others deserve more responsibility.

Edited by Barron
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Barron said:

Look if no demotion or removal is put in place then this is corrupt, there is a long list of staff who deserve that position much more.

I Totally Agree

Reading this, holy crap, IG sounds like North Korea... People are too scared to speak up against people with power... Thinking they might be murdered if they do... Damn...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, LePaul said:

"Man is a political animal, meaning an animal with an innate propensity to develop more complex communities the size of a city or town, with a division of labor and law-making. This type of community is different in kind from a large family, and requires the special use of human reason. [12]"

Although Not holding much context at the moment, it's essentially trying to say, "what the fuck guys why do we all have to attack people and jump on the bandwagon and attack them more, what gain is anyone gonna get out of this?"

Hey @Shaz, I would just like to point out that your interpretation of this quote from Aristotle's Politiká is flawed in many fundamental ways.  The basis of the quote is to say that humans are (or like to think that they are) animals that are capable of forming larger, non family based groups due to our ability to reason.  This quote is made to highlight the nature of humanity to tend towards groups whom we agree with and how being a part of a polis, or larger group of people allows for us to live a truly "good" and "virutuous" life.  While I am not an expert Philosopher, nor do I claim to be an expert on the Corpus Aristotelicum or any of Aristotles work, you have taken his words and twisted them beyond meaning.  If you want to prove a point, pick a quote (evidence) that actually supports you.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I remember when lil ol' ridge became a DT private and later a staff member. As time went along I saw him really go down the drain as he got more and more "casual" around the server, over time I wondered if anyone noticed that the server is getting more and more corrupt as time goes on and I really don't want this community to end up like a lot of other "Serious RP" servers as most of those servers crash cause of lack of players or corrupted staff who abuse their power for "personal gain" or "for the laughs" or even because "they know the rules". I like Ridge, he is a very memey, funny guy, but he still needs to be punished even if he is higher than most of the server, I do understand why people are afraid to speak up and that's why I didn't either but i'd never @Qteks to have the balls to do it (no offense btw). +1

Edited by FiveZ
  • Upvote 2

Ever since I started becoming a minge ridge has literally picked on me.

He took away my PAC for the reason of "You can't be trusted" even though I never abused PAC and was pretty good at it, after I argued with him about it he unprofessionally ended the argument with k. The moment I was demoted I was removed from the staff team trello by yours truley ridge  (nothing wrong with that)  however I asked one of my other friends in staff and there was atleast 4 ex-staff in it. Idk if its just me but this seems more personal and bias than professional against me.

Edited by Kumo
  • Upvote 4

I tried. @Shekelburg @LePaul@goliath

I ain't going to argue, i'm tired but i still like ridge.

I kind of did make a bunch of assumptions but the point i was trying to make was he isn't that bad of a guy and doesn't deserve to be crucified for some dumb things. 

Edited by Shaz
  • Thinking 1

12 minutes ago, Shaz said:

I tried. @Shekelburg @LePaul@goliath

I ain't going to argue, i'm tired but i still like ridge.

I kind of did make a bunch of assumptions but the point i was trying to make was he isn't that bad of a guy and doesn't deserve to be crucified for some dumb things. 

He is not in any way being crucified... I do not see personal insults, i do not see the use of words such as "Bitch" "Idiot" etc...

We have all stepped up because we feel we have been mistreated and that there are things that need to change.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pablo said:

The main point of my post was to bring to the light the joke(my opinion) of a punishment staff are given when abusing their power.

People are not angry at your point of view, people agree with it. It's the way you conveyed it.

Honestly this has blown out of proportion.

Now there has been a few cases in which Ridge has stepped over the line, and I commend people for having footage to support their opinions, good job. Another thing. @Shekelburg, that time when Ridge was AOSed was completely unfair in a matter of in RP.

Being super admin in such a great community is such a great privilege. Would suck to throw it all away after all the work to get to that spot, just to play around for your own enjoyment and not others.

I may not know what it takes to be a staff member since I never have been in a staff team on gmod. But i do know that this is not what being a staff team is about, especially someone who actually represents the server as a whole as a leader... Staff is the privilege of setting an example, rewarded for your dedication and hard effort, and from day one, there are rules and regulations that must be met, that most follow. Super admin means that you are devoted and trusted to a higher standard that not many people get, especially on such a great community. In all fairness, ridge has not been setting these examples and meeting requirements, and this has been for quite a while. So I do agree with some posts. Does not mean I dislike a group, or individuals.

I like ridge, I like to have a meme. But to abuse your powers that have been given to you for a specific reason, just for your own enjoyment, is a big no no. And to see it happen quite often is pretty sad. 

I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But I believe it is best to keep it more constructive and not abusive.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Amen brother!

This issue happens on a daily bases not only with Ridge but most staff members.

As an ex member of Military High Command, i'd see nearly everyday staff members tping into MHC and having a mass shootup giggling around and just ruining rp for others because they (apparently can do whatever they like as a admin). This needs to be fixed ASAP

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Parks said:

Being super admin in such a great community is such a great privilege. Would suck to throw it all away after all the work to get to that spot, just to play around for your own enjoyment and not others.

I thought the same thing as an Event Master and Low Grade Developer

4 minutes ago, [IG] Mainz said:

Amen brother!

This issue happens on a daily bases not only with Ridge but most staff members.

As an ex member of Military High Command, i'd see nearly everyday staff members tping into MHC and having a mass shootup giggling around and just ruining rp for others because they (apparently can do whatever they like as a admin). This needs to be fixed ASAP

I agree with this statement when i used to be affiliated with MHC

• Upvote 1

A REMINDER FOR ALL COMMUNITY MEMBERS - THIS IS A PLACE FOR POSTING EITHER SIMPLE EVIDENCE OR OPINION ON THE STAFF REPORT IN QUESTION. PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS AS SPACE TO ATTACK OTHER PEOPLE WHO HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION.

Normal forum rules still apply.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

With everything thats been said ive only really had 1 or 2 real bad cases with RIdge such as him and 1 other SM trooper teleporting into the Sith Temple then when he was asked by all of Sith why he was there he replied with the common "cause i can" and started to walk out of the simple temple as no Sith knew what to do or didn't do anything so he ran out of the Sith Temple and hid in one of the 3rd floor bunks where I killed him but other then that case I haven't seen him do anything bad I don't think he should be stripped of Staff maybe a Demotion to whatever is below Senior Admin but basically getting a "slap on the wrist" would not be enough especially since of all the Story's and that Video that was posted he has broken rules and should face the consequences

9 minutes ago, FiveZ said:

I agree with this statement when i used to be affiliated with MHC

Can confirm, they would also shoot up non staff.

I'll say, Ridge has been caught quite mingey before especially when he changes himself to Shock Captain and runs around and does what he likes. If anyone has seen this before, I've also got some footage but I'll keep that for a later time. Some people have already seen it anyway.

21 minutes ago, Kix said:

Was this not locked a minute ago?

It was locked by Little before, Don't know why its been deleted now.

I hate seeing people who say "he did one bad thing, stop being so butthurt"

People get mad especially when seeing someone with high power and a big rep on the server act like he can do watever he wants and not get punishment. Thats the sort of thing that ruins communities like this and no one wants that. 

Something has to be done with Ridge and before people start saying its a one off, its hardly that, Ridge has done this sort of thing on a few notable occasions. As Inquisitor he had decided to trespass in vaders chambers, ended up having all of sith and shock chasing him like it was a game to him.

I hope this doesnt get dismissed out of hand. Obviously people aren't ok with this... (Thats just my 2 cents. Considering people are throwing in dollars worths)

Edited by FrenchyFries
  • Upvote 3