Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Qteks

Staff Report: Ridge

If have any evidence/examples please feel free to comment them, if not please try to reframe from commenting right now if you do not as more people are coming out with the correct infomation

• Upvote 3

Because he didnt listen to orders and you got salty because of ur big boy rank.... sorry but it just sounds like your upset that he didnt listen to you. Also jumping off the rails, everyone does that.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 13

Just now, Red said:

Because he didnt listen to orders and you got salty because of ur big boy rank.... sorry but it just sounds like your upset that he didnt listen to you. Also jumping off the rails, everyone does that.

It was the fact that he was doing it knowing all too well nobody else could tell him not to, due to both his ingame and OOC rank. 

• Upvote 2

Normally I would not post on something like this, but this is an issue that is constantly talked to me about and something that needs to be addressed for the good of the community.

I agree with the comments and super the comments:

16 minutes ago, Qteks said:

when in-game instead of roleplaying as a leader, more often then not he sounds like he is speaking banter with his mates at a pub

He RP's seriously very rarely.

Ridge denying all requests to leave myself and Kendrick (Vice Admiral Terrinald and Royal Representative Gallius Rax)

He has been told by both the Royal Rep and the Vice Admiral to leave an area he does not have a reason to be in. It is a Star Destroyer, as a general he has no power to go against what the Vice Admiral of the ship says let alone the Royal Rep let alone in an area he should not be in. This is one again him disrespecting RP. 

In addition, I was informed he jumped off the railings afterward, something that is normally a FailRP offense. 

This is just failrp.....

On a daily basis, he makes many FailRP and Minge offenses, most of them are smaller, however, encouraging a non-Serious RP environment.  

This is 100% true and it not acceptable that the Senior Admin is setting this example for everyone.

One example of Ridges lack of carry for this server and the RP on it is recently the ISB gave out Self reflection forms to all high ranking persons on the server. BEing generals Navy, ISB...etc. Everyone and the general specifically where told by high general wolf that this was an in RP thing. However on the report one of the questions was:

"If your leader told you to assassinate the Emperor, Vader, or any High Ranking military and non-military individual, would you?”

And Ridge answered:

"Depends if he has the clearance to execute those people.”

This saying and both myself, the emperor and high general agreed that this was a PK able offence, because Ridge is saying that he would kill, both Vader and the EMPEROR if the circumstances were right. This is High Treason, therefore a PK. Wolf as the Owner of the server said i specifically told them this was in RP do it properly and that what he has done should the emperor see it as PK worth of PK should result in PK. However did that happen…? No Ridge was never PKed and got away with it because it was apparently said that I needed to be there even tho Wolf said that the Emperor had to be the one do it….

Also, the general have no respect for RP on the server. He constantly tell people that they need to Serious RP yet that themselves can not even do that.  Ridges RP in when replying to people often is simply: (comms) General Ridge: K” (as an example). That looks like great serious RP. This one of many things he does that is not serious RP

Ridge and the other generals have gone around the Ship talking in american hillbilly accents as a meme in RP with 50+ people on. That is totally Serious RP….

RP situations are constantly being affected by OOC factors such as staff rank. There have been many situations where I as a Grand Admiral have tried to punish Ridge or wanted to punish Ridge in RP for what he has done be it minging or otherwise however I do not bother even trying anymore because Ridge does not take RP seriously despite it saying it in the title of the server and it being his Job as a Senior Admin to set an example for the rest of the staff.

In regards to what Red has Said:

5 minutes ago, Red said:

sorry but it just sounds like your upset that he didnt listen to you

Him not listening to Qteks as a Vice Admiral is failrp and not following what the orders of people which in the circumstances out ranked him. 

• Upvote 17
  • Downvote 1

There is a big problem with Senior Staff using the fact that they are Senior, to change or manipulate a situation to their favour. Whether it be during an event, or an encounter. Nobody here is throwing a tantrum, it is everybody's right to bring a problem about a Staff Member, Admin + or not, to the team. Ridge may not be a big offender when it comes to using his OOC rank IC, but it seemed to me, he was trying to push Qteks and Kendrick's buttons, by not listening to him. ((Ignoring Roleplay, which is a warnable offense, but who can warn ridge??))

• Upvote 4

Actually scratch my last comment. 

I agree with the Fail RP thing where he enforces it but doesn't take it upon himself to do it. 

Such as the "Can I speak to Mr. Revan"

Which in itself is completely fail rp.

He might have done something wrong but there is no evidence which means there will be no punishment, without evidence there is no possibility of  a punishment being handed out. Present evidence and I will share my opinion.

Edited by wflizzi
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Red said:

People try to justify everything he does, just because he is staff.

ALTHOUGH, i have worked closely with ridge in the past and he is a bit of a meme, but i still like the guy. I agree with qteks in saying that he rps very rarely and if he does i don't see it. No action should be taken against him rather a slap on the metaphorical wrist which should get him into RP and non FAILRP shape.

If this is illegal for me to post here even though it is actual input, just remove it :L

-Evidence-

On the 14th I Had to Deal With an Encounter With Ridge Aboard the Death Star, I Asked Him And His Men Why He Was There And To Which They Answered "Because He Can Be" And Other Cocky Responses Which Really Annoyed Me. I Told Him Multiple Times To Leave To Which He Showed No Interest To Cooperate With Anything I Had Told Him And His Men, After This Incident He Either Stole Or Removed My TIE Fighter And Left Me Stranded Aboard the Death Star Without Any Transport.

• Thinking 1
  • Upvote 9

Just now, Marv said:

-Evidence-

On the 14th I Had to Deal With an Encounter With Ridge Aboard the Death Star, I Asked Him And His Men Why He Was There And To Which They Answered "Because He Can Be" And Other Cocky Responses Which Really Annoyed Me. I Told Him Multiple Times To Leave To Which He Showed No Interest To Cooperate With Anything I Had Told Him And His Men, After This Incident He Either Stole Or Removed My TIE Fighter And Left Me Stranded Aboard the Death Star Without Any Transport.

This is not evidence, this is simply a story from you that ANYONE  could tamper with.

• Thinking 3
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Shaz said:

People try to justify everything he does, just because he is staff.

ALTHOUGH, i have worked closely with ridge in the past and he is a bit of a meme, but i still like the guy. I agree with qteks in saying that he rps very rarely and if he does i don't see it. No action should be taken against him rather a slap on the metaphorical wrist which should get him into RP and non FAILRP shape.

If this is illegal for me to post here even though it is actual input, just remove it :L

I think that the issue here is that Ridge has acted this way for months and months. If he does actually get a 'slap on the wrist', which I doubt he will, I think that a large group of people don't believe he will change at all. If he gets some kind of punishment in-character, I doubt it will go through as he will most likely find a way out or around it.

• Upvote 8

This was captured a while back...I was training a recruit and giving him a tour around the ship and then ridge pops up from the ceiling...

I haven't really had any bad situations with Ridge excluding this(REFER TO VIDEO) Furthermore, he is a good bloke but I think he just needs to do a bit more RP. 

5 minutes ago, wflizzi said:

He might have done something wrong but there is no evidence which means there will be no punishment, without evidence there is no possibility of  a punishment being handed out. Present evidence and I will share my opinion.

Here is some evidence...

Ridge lignitngk.mp4

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, Haz said:

This was captured a while back...I was training a recruit and giving him a tour around the ship and then ridge pops up from the ceiling...

I haven't really had any bad situations with Ridge excluding this(REFER TO VIDEO) Furthermore, he is a good bloke but I think he just needs to do a bit more RP. 

Here is some evidence...

Ridge lignitngk.mp4

I was not going to post anything but this is ridiculous and I see it a lot from ridge. A few weeks back he was Minging with a grappling hook in a public area. We were under attack in an event and he was hitting people with the grappling hook while spamming ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ which he had as a bind

Edited by Kix
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Kix said:

I was not going to post anything but this is ridiculous and I see it a lot from ridge. A few weeks back he was Minging with a grappling hook in a public area. 

My man.

Edited by Shaz
  • Upvote 2

Let's talk about this incident.

8CF9656A54ABC806F2068A88210FAD5D4261CA36

A lot of you may know the story already, and Little gave a speech about how Ridge wasn't in the wrong, but a lot of us saw this situation as very suspicious. Giving the order to SCAR to enter the NAVY/ISB secret cave and then hid in the Sith Temple for 2 hours to avoid arrest, granted entry by Darth Revan. In-terms of RP, a lot of Sith disagreed with this and saw it as an abusive of in-game and out of game power. The fact that he is a Super Admin and couldn't resolve the situation himself as an OOC matter is inexcusable from a person in his position. What made it even worse was that Krennic(Jman?) was searching for him the whole time and as soon as he got off the server, he showed his face from the Sith Temple. I'm not arguing whether or not it was OOC, all I'm saying is that the situation was not handled in a professional manner.

• Upvote 13

3 minutes ago, Haz said:

Here is some evidence...

Ridge lignitngk.mp4

I see:

RDM * 2

Spawning in a weapon for his own gain (this can be accepted for generals in some situations (e.g personal sidearm, but I don't think a lightsaber counts)

Force jump/noclip abuse (there is nowhere to jump down from, and even if he did so ,it is still fail RP)

Minging

FailRP

If a regular player did all of these things, they would be in a lot of trouble.  As far as I am aware, nothing came of this.  What is worse is that Ridge is a senior member of staff and that we are supposed to look to him for guidance and trust him to enforce the rules. .How can we, as a community, do that if he doesn't follow them himself?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

I have something important to write and i uploaded these without writing it. 

To begin, since i am greek, there is a classical greek philosophy i would like to bring up;; IT STATES;

"Man is a political animal, meaning an animal with an innate propensity to develop more complex communities the size of a city or town, with a division of labor and law-making. This type of community is different in kind from a large family, and requires the special use of human reason. [12]"

Although Not holding much context at the moment, it's essentially trying to say, "what the fuck guys why do we all have to attack people and jump on the bandwagon and attack them more, what gain is anyone gonna get out of this?" Very liberal use of the passage, trust me. i don't know about anyone posting on this forum but i'd venture to guess none of you actually want ridge demoted, your human nature just suggests that you need something to do with this.

I am a very long time friend of ridges dating back to the orignal DT officers and we have had many many fun times together so i want to post this to give some context. 

Without occasional minging this server would be deader than my respect for ubisoft. I want to write a comment here upon how what ridge and the other admins do that actually makes the server fun. Its going to be a little bit until i type it but check back in a couple of minutes.

What i want to say is i have known this man for a very long time and uploading shit without context makes it look like i am against him. Alright, everyone is ripping into ridge just because he did some dumb shit out of character. Sure, he might not rp as much as we would like him to but tearing him a new asshole is not going to change anything. This is a man who got to this rank and if he did that he must have done something right. 

Let me tell you a story, long long ago when i was on this server i made a moderator app and it was going alright, but i used alts to plus one it and ultimately everyone found out and i ditched it and got it deleted. In game people viewed me as a criminal and i quit being scout commander back to STS. Everyone didn't give me a chance except for ridge, at the time, the brig of death troopers. He promised to give me a chance if i changed my name and went off the radar for a while, and i stuck with dt for a long time until my leave of the server. I befriended this man and i think i just ruined a good frienship by uploading some of these pictures with no context.

Basically what this is below my writing is in the back of ISB where he brought all of the OG dt together being, pablo the SSGT of dt, me, the hcol, and nick the sgt. These were their ranks when i left.

Getting us all back together in the back of isb was something i really wanted to do for a while but couldn't and he made it possible with no problems. But to the naked eye it seems he had three random people tied up in the back of a top secret HQ.

Someone giving me a chance just as ridge did when i was alone and spooked, was mabye the nicest thing that's ever been done for me on this server. I am a fan of ridge and lets face it, it's hard enough to get moderator on such a large server so getting senior admin or whatever he is mustn't be an easy task, yes? @Qteks

I know i'm going to be witch hunted for siding with the bad man that did some spooky memes that looked like they were in character, but seriously to all of these people banding together to have the chance of bullying a red tag, respectfully, fuck off.

I know i have acted like you wouldn't expect me to during this whole clusterfuck but @Ridge i hope you and i both come out of this with a friendship, and you with your hard earned staff rank. I suppose what i'm feeling right now is that now you are a big staff lad, you have no time for the old boys and i couldn't wipe the smile off my face in the back of ISB. I haven't gotten the chance to properly speak to you for so long and it feels real bad. 

To add more to this, i know how ridge is feeling right now, shit happens that's out of your control and there's risks and stuff happening in the background and you just cant forget about it. If ridge gets seriously punished for something as retarded as this, i leave the server.20170427202630_1.thumb.jpg.0446e8c04daf37031cffe9c160c60ded.jpg

Whats this? A young gideon hask? As a DT??

20170508194816_1.thumb.jpg.b6e66abba4a5a2259eaeda3554eeb46d.jpg

Me and ridge guarding gusky

20170506193620_1.thumb.jpg.1cb703ec2dc0171a0e9995b00c572b63.jpg

I remember DT used to be so alive, people would have to log off in order to keep the players online on the server under the dt limit. And you can see 73-01 in the corner.

20170427193625_1.thumb.jpg.f8812e963862a7d5cf576aaba7522f35.jpg

My first photo after being inducted, being commanded by yours truly @Maffa146 Isb chief.

20180208211003_1.jpg

Re united with SSGT Nick and MSGT Pablo, if only scheff was on.

In closing, ridge shouldn't be ripped as much as he is right now for doing some things that he shouldn't have. From your boy, Mordecai, smiddy, or tensile.

20170506193620_1.jpg

Edited by Shaz
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 4
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

16 minutes ago, Haz said:

Here is some evidence...

Ridge lignitngk.mp4

This type of behavior is unacceptable for any player/staff especially for a Senior Admin who is part of the management team. 

Senior Admins are meant to be setting examples for the server and staff team. The Staff team have been told multiple times to not spawn ourselves weapons, this is also blatant RDM on New Recruits to the server... What a great example for new members of the community.

Edited by Kendrick
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 11

This post would have come months ago if people weren't put into a state of fear by said person to keep themselves silent.

The fact that qteks has the guts to do this make me want to kiss him.

Corrupt Staff have no place.

• Upvote 11

Just now, Mauler said:

This post would have come months ago if people weren't put into a state of fear by said person to keep themselves silent.

The fact that qteks has the guts to do this make me want to kiss him.

Corrupt Staff have no place.

This ^^^

5 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

New Recruits 

This.  MHC and management has spent hours focusing on being nice to new recruits, training new recruits and treating them with disrespect.  This is the exact opposite of what is happening.

"Practice what you preach"

- IDK I just remember it

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1