Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cjhrjone54

Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night

Over 24 hours ago, a lone nineteen-year-old entered a Parkland high school in Florida, USA. 17 people did not make it out of that school, a short while later. To date, this is the 18th mass shooting the United States has experienced this year, and whilst we can't always bring attention to all of them, the least we can do is pay our respects to those lost, and those affected. So thank you, IG, for standing up on your behalf to show your additional support in this troubled time.

Nobody should have to go through, or experience the tragedy, of such a harrowing event. They do not deserve it. For some of us, we are in dark times. The world, the human race, and even society itself are all in the middle of a massive change, and that scares people. Because of that, a lot of people can't handle it on top of their own problems. Thus, they break. It's a given fact. Some people break the right way; others break wrong, and whilst I'm not endorsing what this teenager did, we can't exactly blame him because we'll just never know. He never talked to anyone, he never sought help, he never explained what was going on in that broken mind of his.

Which brings me to my next point. Reflect on who you are as a person, where you stand in your life, and how that affects you - if even at all. If you, or anyone that you know is going through a hard time, talk to them. Talk to someone. Talk to your family, your friends, or even us (in the community). Some of us may be strict cunty assholes in-character (excuse the French :P), but in real-life we do actually care. We do actually give a damn, and we can listen if you need or want us to. But please, I'm not asking you, I'm begging you: open up. If you need help, in any way, shape or form, please talk to someone. Do not let those dark times overpower your mind. Fight back against it. No one should have to go through that.

Other than that, my thoughts continue to go out to those who have been lost, and to the multitude of other lives and families that have additionally been affected. Being a victim of disaster myself, I feel incredibly sorry for these people. Even after the dust has settled and loved ones are put to rest, nothing will ever be the same again. Nevertheless I wish them all a speedy recovery, and that their community stands together during this troubled time for as long as they can.

Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,

Because their words had forked no lightning they

Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright

Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,

And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight

Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on that sad height,

Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

(Dylan Thomas - Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night)

- Greyback <3

Spoiler

(On a side note) I know it's not really my place, but in light of what happened, can I please request that any school-shooter jokes be kept privately and not on the server/community? We do have some American players here, as well as people who may be sensitive to it. I'm fairly certain that they wouldn't laugh at what some people find oh so humorous - especially after what happened today. Not only that, but it isn't really a thing that should be taken lightly. Some of the students at this affected school joked about the teenager actually coming back to it to do such a thing, and of course he actually did. It's not really good - none of it. Does anyone disagree with that? Because I don't know about any of you, but I've heard said jokes being spilt both in voice comms and even in OOC chat a few times the past few weeks. It's not exactly healthy, especially in light of what's happened, nor is it respectful. That's just my opinion, though.

Edited by cjhrjone54
  • Upvote 17

the poem was great 

This post has meaning 

Thank you grey back 

• Like 1

- Greyback

We so proud of you for posting this,

This pays many respect to the family and the victims,

Thank you so much Greyback for writing this for them,

Thank You  Greyback For This

• Upvote 2

Thank you Greyback for posting this U.S has to change gun laws and Sometimes I get scared In School cause of these people cause I always think "What happens if someone found a gun and wanted to kill me" and Etc but thanks, Greyback Thank you

Thank you Greyback

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Maffa146 said:

Hopefully the US considers to change gun laws 

Wouldn't happen, and while I dislike guns there would actually be a lot more instances of murder.

12 minutes ago, Kix said:

Wouldn't happen, and while I dislike guns there would actually be a lot more instances of murder.

Since the massacre at the port, and since Australia banned a bunch of weapons since, mass shootings have never happened, if any.

You can't shoot someone if you don't have a gun 

(Edited as got facts wrong)

Edited by Maffa146
  • Thinking 1

Just now, Ramirez said:

@Kix @Maffa146 The problem is, is that the ‘good’ people will hand them back. But the ‘bad’ people will keep their guns.

This. Chicago has higher rates of murder than anywhere else and they have the strictest gun laws.

4 minutes ago, Kix said:

This. Chicago has higher rates of murder than anywhere else and they have the strictest gun laws.

5 minutes ago, Ramirez said:

@Kix @Maffa146 The problem is, is that the ‘good’ people will hand them back. But the ‘bad’ people will keep their guns.

Your points are still invalid? 

There has been 5 since Port Arthur, claiming the lives of approx 20 (1996-2018) and that's 2 numbers higher than the mass shootings the US has had. (Not even the casualties number for US) Yea, I agree that it wouldn't stop fully, as it hasn't in Australia, but look at their weapons. They are using carbines, full auto machine guns. Yet our boys only use pistols or 'weaker' weapons.

Australia has also put very tight laws on the ownership of weapons. You have a stolen weapon? Enjoy 14 years in prison buddy. 

The laws governing weapons in the US are garbage. 

42 minutes ago, Maffa146 said:

Your points are still invalid? 

There has been 5 since Port Arthur, claiming the lives of approx 20 (1996-2018) and that's 2 numbers higher than the mass shootings the US has had. (Not even the casualties number for US) Yea, I agree that it wouldn't stop fully, as it hasn't in Australia, but look at their weapons. They are using carbines, full auto machine guns. Yet our boys only use pistols or 'weaker' weapons.

Australia has also put very tight laws on the ownership of weapons. You have a stolen weapon? Enjoy 14 years in prison buddy. 

The laws governing weapons in the US are garbage. 

Let's not start an argument on a thread like this.

• Upvote 1

Guns do not kill. Human nature kills. Let us not politicise their deaths. The people were killed by a man who was psychotic. They did not deserve what happened to them. No one ever deserves a death like that. No one

For now let the people souls rest and let them be in peace

Edited by Boris
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

dude probably thought, hey i do this and I'll get the death penalty... Hopefully they dont and instead they give him multiple life sentences in a prison... would be funny as fuck to see his reaction to that.

• Thinking 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

@|Stryker| People usually sit on death row for a long time. IF he gets the death penalty most likely he'll be waiting a long time for it maybe 10-15 Years maybe 20. He might die before it 

Thank you, Greyback. You are a shining light in a world shadowed in grief and shock.

My heart goes out to all who are affected by this tragedy. I wish this Valentine's Day Massacre sends a message to the American government to finally enact on change. This cannot continue.

Lest we forget.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Preview Post