Weston Morro's Trial-Moderator Application

Well not much more i can say that Twinkie hasn't already covered on answering your questions. Getting well known can be fairly hard as there are quite a substantial number of players on the server and a consistent playtime doesn't always yield results in the short term. For example, when i applied for PAC i had been playing avg 4.8 hours a day for 2 months and there where still quite a few people who did not know who i am. Pretty much try re-applying when you believe that you are known among the more dedicated members of the community to the point where few people say that they don't know you. 

As Twinkie said, committing to a regiment and achieving high rank often leads to being noticed.

16 hours ago, Twinkie said:

I was in Navy for a good few months and got to Lieutenant Commander. At these ranks, you are much more prone to be noticed, especially by those who are a lower rank than you

• Advisor
On 11/02/2018 at 12:38 PM, Emerald said:

I personally don't believe you're fit for a Staff Position.

• Not that Well Known
  • Application is very bland
  • Not that Active within the Server or Community

agreed

• Downvote 1

Hey, 

Do you even play anymore? I have not seen you in a while. 

However, if you do, -1. You admitted to putting up 2 applications 'just for feedback'. And if you do play, I haven't noticed you, hence the question. 

On 11/02/2018 at 3:08 PM, Emerald said:

I personally don't believe you're fit for a Staff Position.

• Not that Well Known
  • Application is very bland
  • Not that Active within the Server or Community

Good Luck!

Your a good bloke. Sorry it’s a -1.

Good luck aera!

I disagree with your opinion that it is all over, thinking that the App is denied, and just go into "Improving off any feedback from now on. This is identifiably a WALL, and yes this app with this amount of feedback does show you that your position wasn't as neutral, as you thought.

I think you just need to swallow hard the result, and change your alignment with what you are doing, and how you solely enjoy your time in the Community.

I think you don't wanna use this app as like a try at getting Titles, because to be honest, T-Mod/ Mod as good as it is, gets old like everything else. 

I think it is easy to change people's perceptions, but in my opinion, you should try just casually slowly turning people as individuals to see how is it that you play. People always watch certain new individuals who show certain types of Energy and Enthusiasm, Ideas extensive conversations and positive ideologies. Also people who show consistent and honed forms of RP, and character building, but not as much. 

RP is always less, because there are only a few ranks that give you the privilege to not have consequnces for you say or do, in game ranks not Staff. If anything being Staff places you with many more possible consequences for your specific decisions.

Basically, all you really need to do, is play casual for the next Month. Hold a strong positive outlook, displaying focus, and a keen sense to help other Users when needed. I'd say don't try too hard to help, show that you want to help, or that you are desperate to prove yourself (many people do this already), don't need to be active to know it.

As you fit into your own place, as a User with positive thought processes, that involve teaching others using your built experience, to give any new players a helpful hand up. Once people generally see you doing this, perceptions will improve and people will have to go on when providing constructive feedback. I think if after 1-2 Months you made a new app, and get many more people giving you neutral ratings, you would have made a great improvement.

This all gets really simple and easy to understand and do, when you are older. So just enjoy your time, hold a strong positive sense of decision making, and help users out when you want to.

8 hours ago, Maffa146 said:

Hey, 

Do you even play anymore? I have not seen you in a while. 

However, if you do, -1. You admitted to putting up 2 applications 'just for feedback'. And if you do play, I haven't noticed you, hence the question. 

1. I do play, I assume you're busy with ISB/Inferno things so I'm usually out of your way.

2. I did not put up 2 applications for feedback. The first app I did was for EM and it was really shit.

• 4 weeks later...

I HAVE RETURNED TO TRY AND MAKE THIS WORK AGAIN. I HAVE EDITED MY APP TO IMPROVE ON SOME THINGS AND ADD MORE INFORMATION. I HOPE THAT THIS WILL HELP.

I RESENT ALL OF MY COMMENTS BECAUSE IT IS ME BEING STUPID AND ANNOYED THAT EVERYONE COPIED ONE -1 ETC.

I HOPE THAT SOME OF YOU WILL RECONSIDER MY APPLICATION.

Although I did give up earlier, feedback actually does nothing for me (;-;), I don't care about feedback. People are saying I can do it and I shall, I want y'all to give me one last chance here. I would request that y'all read it ALL again and give me an honest opinion. DO NOT -1 me because you don't talk to me. I see a lot of applications are +1/-1 because of what they think of the person. It should be more from the app than the person.

<3

Edited by Aera
  • Whitey locked this topic