Weston Morro's Trial-Moderator Application

Steam Name: Meme Machina

Steam ID: 
STEAM_0:0:24034119

In Game Name: [INF-05] Weston Morro

Time Played (Server Time/Screenshot evidence):  I currently have 1 W  and 5 D of playtime

3dabebbe5f3d4475ad1eb09d998f1a9e.png.b4ce5594b2aa07eeadbac11d41589e63.png

Have you had any warns (If so state them):

1: Shooting Saber Wielder during event (Was quite new when this happened)

2:  Mic Spamming (Was Still new and didn't realise that was against the rules since there was someone else doing it aswell and he didn't get warned)

I read the full rules after these first two warnings.

3: Accidentally sitting on something (I always hold alt so sometimes I press e and I sit)

I do not feel ashamed of having/showing these warns. I see warns as lessons, a way to learn from one's mistakes and become ultimately better.

Have you had any bans (If so state them): I have received no bans on this server as of yet.

Have you been staff on any other servers (If so state them): I have not been staff on any SWRP Server on GMOD as of yet. I have on other games (Roblox SWRP when I was ~ 12) and learned from my failures and became a good admin.

Why are you applying for TMOD: I am applying for Trial-Moderator because of my entire time on this server. Since I originally joined I've enjoyed everything on this server and continue to love the new things that devs add and I always appreciate when the admins help me when I attempt to try something (tryouts etc.) I want to become a Trial Moderator to assist with all of them to improve the experience that all the players receive. I want to make it as great as possible with as least problems as possible. I want to help with all the other admins to handle all the problems on this server by diminishing the number of 'mutiny' on this server to either very low or none at all. Doing this gives me a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction that I've helped the server and continue to one problem at a time. I also am in The Imperial Starfighter corps, I feel like our pilots ask too much of the admins, so I also want to help by giving everyone else a break and spawning ships for my Pilots. 

What can you bring to the staff team: I am very loyal to higher ups, admins and anyone in general. I also am experienced in being an administrator (Not on Garry's Mod though) I've learned from that to become a responsible and trustworthy person when it comes to having the powers of a moderator/administrator on a server/game. As a Trial-Moderator I will serve the entire server to increase how much people enjoy playing on this server. When players call for an admin I will serve with respect, honour and loyalty as if I were a trooper saluting to an officer. If Admins call for another admin I will head to them, asking for the situation and helping him/her to overall solve what's going on. The point I'm getting to is that if I were to receive the role of Trial-Moderator I will serve the server with the powers given to me to help make the server a better place. I will serve IG with as much enthusiasm as I can brew. I really love this server and Star Wars and don't intend to leave.

Scenarios
Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you?: If someone is found MassRDMing I would retrieve the steamID of who has apparently committed MassRDM, I will check the logs to confirm that this person has indeed MassRDMed and will warn them for RDMing and will add that they've Disconnected (DCed) to avoid punishment. The next time I see them on, I'll bring them and make them explain what happened from their point of view.

Someone is bullying another player. What do you do?: If I were to hear about someone bullying a fellow player, I get both of them together and get them to explain what's happened from both sides of the story, I will also ask other people about if they've heard/seen what's this bullying occur. I will make them both create a compromise and depending on how bad the extent of bullying there was I will warn the person bullying for doing so. I do not like it when there is something like this in a SWRP server such as this. I want to minimise it as much as possible.

You see a higher up staff abuse their powers. What do you do?: If I find that a staff member is abusing their powers they have been bestowed upon them I will acquire proof that they've been abusing their powers and report this to an even higher staff member (Super Admin, Owners etc.) so they can handle this, I will do this because  they are a higher rank in staff than myself so I can't do anything about it. Sending proof of abuse to a high staff rank will be alerting them of what's happening and they will 'talk' to the abuser and will 'punish' them.

Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?: If I find someone threatens to DDOS the server I will get a higher staff member (again) to ban them for threatening. Most of the time people threaten to DDOS don't know how to. Even if they cannot DDOS, it is still a threat that can destroy the server. So fake or not there will be the same punishment. Most of the time chances cannot be taken. I want to remove major server threats such as DDOSing to the server as much as possible. 

I, Aera, accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming, and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

Disclaimer: I wrote this application from comparing 2 accepted applications and 2 denied applications. NOT PLAGIARISED, I was looking at the level of detail, who the person was and their playtime etc.

Edited by Aera
I am remaking the application.
2 minutes ago, Emerald said:

I personally don't believe you're fit for a Staff Position.

• Not that Well Known
  • Application is very bland
  • Not that Active within the Server or Community

Good Luck!

This sums it up for me, -1

If you find anything that you feel is bad about this application please write some feedback, I request this so that if I ever want to do another application for something else, I will know what to/what not to add on the application. Thanks.

The feedback will also help my ability in writing tasks (Essays etc.)

40 minutes ago, Emerald said:

• Not that Well Known

Good Luck!

39 minutes ago, Emerald said:

• Not that Well Known

Good Luck!

I have to agree with Emerald if you wait till you have maybe 2-3weeks+ and look at over tmod apps so yeah -1

I have met Aera in game quite a few times, and I do not believe he is fit for a Staff Position on Imperial Gaming, as per the reasons listed below:

- Doesn't seem to be that well known in the community.

- Application has limited detail, as well as unnecessary detail.

- Maturity level seems low.

- Prone to get angry quickly, and for no apparent reason.

- Seems very disrespectful at times.

- Is a minge at times.

- Seems to care more about the server than his own life.

- Plagiarized from other applications (as he said).

Good luck.

13 hours ago, LaZer said:

I have met Aera in game quite a few times, and I do not believe he is fit for a Staff Position on Imperial Gaming, as per the reasons listed below:

- Doesn't seem to be that well known in the community.

- Application has limited detail, as well as unnecessary detail.

- Maturity level seems low.

- Prone to get angry quickly, and for no apparent reason.

- Seems very disrespectful at times.

- Is a minge at times.

- Seems to care more about the server than his own life.

- Plagiarized from other applications (as he said).

Good luck.

@LaZerI didn't plagarize, I merely examined what I needed for the application (Detail etc.) All the answers were my own.

The times I were a minge were most likely when I was meming

My maturity level is much higher than basically everyone I know (IRL, average maturity in IG)

If I cared about the server more than my life I would be on every single day rather than only on weekends.

I don't bloody know how to become 'well known in the community'

The only times I am disrespectful is when people push me to a huge limit (hard to reach) they would've disresected me first

18 hours ago, Emerald said:

• Not that Well Known

Good Luck!

Same -1

Okie dokey.

So your last message you say you merely examined other people's applications, as said beneath your application. That's all good and it's good that you compared other people's applications to have a better one. Why do people say, go have a look at some accepted applications if you aren't going to get some inspiration from it, I find it pointless to say that if it is going to be counted as plagiarism.  

56 minutes ago, Aera said:

I don't bloody know how to become 'well known in the community'

Righteo. The way to become well known in the community you either do good or bad, villain or hero, minge or legend etc. In order to become well known in a few circles is to stick with something, and work your way up in it. For example, I was in Navy for a good few months and got to Lieutenant Commander. At these ranks, you are much more prone to be noticed, especially by those who are a lower rank than you. Obviously, by doing well in your regiment, you are going to be rewarded with promotions and such. 

Another way to become well known is to be active on forums and in game. 

Activity on forums = more people know you

Activity in game = more people are going to notice you

It's not like you have to be on every day, but if you are restricted to weekends only then I don't really think a staff role is suited for you, as weekends are not the only time minges are on, weekdays there are minges too. 

56 minutes ago, Aera said:

The only times I am disrespectful is when people push me to a huge limit (hard to reach) they would've disresected me first

The thing is about this comment is that you just have to walk away. It's not that hard.

Your application is ok, but it could do with a tidy up. For example, the whole text can barely be read, in my opinion. With the red on the black, not even bolded makes it hard to see and I actually have to squint to see it. 

From what I have seen of you, you have displayed decent maturity, and I have not seen you minge really. This is good, but you need to stand out to have a chance of getting a staff position, and at the moment I don't see you stand out in game or on the forums. You need to make yourself known, not let others make you known. Be a bit more active, being a mod you need to be active and show that you actually have gotten that rank through hard work and dedication.

Coming on only for weekends isn't going to get you any position, but at the moment I don't see you getting into a moderator position.

Get more active on both the server and forums

Stand out - do something new try a different regiment

Spell check your application, there were some errors in bits

TIDY UP YOUR APPLICATION!!! Change the colouring to something more visible, have a look at other applications for good colours.

Show that you are mature, don't tell. 

You have potential, I see it, just get yourself out there.

Neutral

Good luck,

Twinkie

Edited by Twinkie
  • Upvote 2

1. TBH I think that you'll become known by having these roles in the first place

2. I don't really care if I get the role anymore, I just want the feedback on my writing. I kind of need the feedback to improve my ability to write pieces.

8 minutes ago, Aera said:

1. TBH I think that you'll become known by having these roles in the first place

2. I don't really care if I get the role anymore, I just want the feedback on my writing. I kind of need the feedback to improve my ability to write pieces.

So your saying you don't want to apply anymore & you just wrote this app so you can have feedback on your writing?

-1 anyways to what @Emerald said

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Puppy said:

So your saying you don't want to apply anymore & you just wrote this app so you can have feedback on your writing?

-1 anyways to what @Emerald said

What I meant to say is that I'm applying for high positions way too early. I did an EM application a while ago with like 2 days of playtime. So knowing almost 150% that the app is denied, I want the feedback. BTW I'm actually really bad at writing that's why I'm asking for it.

@Puppy

Edited by Aera
1 minute ago, Aera said:

What I meant to say is that I'm applying for high positions way too early. I did an EM application a while ago with like 2 days of playtime. So knowing almost 150% that the app is denied, I want the feedback. BTW I'm actually really bad at writing that's why I'm asking for it.

@Puppy

The point of an application is to apply for the position not mainly for the feedback, I recommend instead of applying for feedback go around the ship or ask people in TS for feedback if you take someone and have a conversation 1 on 1 you'll find them to be a lot more honest and outgoing towards the conversation. As that way not only are you improving how well known you are but you're also getting to know other people and make new connections whilst knowing what you need to improve on from their feedback, I find that to be the best way to go about this.

Don't see why everyone is having a go at him... Aera would like to become part of the staff team and has made an application. He may realise some do not support this application but he is using it to collect data and information so that he may be better prepared.

• Thinking 1
  • Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Aera said:

I think it's better that I stop applying for things ;-;

Try again in like a year when everyone's forgotten about this app.

I encourage you to persist, to apply when you can. Through persistence and determination I'm sure you will get it. Good luck!

-1, Reasons all above

1 hour ago, Aera said:

I appreciate you helping me here @Kix

Although I most likely won't apply for T-Mod for a long while, most likely going to try and get PAC or EM.

Have a look at some previously accepted PAC/EM apps to get an idea of whats expected of the application if you are unsure. 

29 minutes ago, Snowy said:

-1, Reasons all above

Have a look at some previously accepted PAC/EM apps to get an idea of whats expected of the application if you are unsure. 

That's literally what I did for this App.

• Whitey locked this topic