• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zaspan

zaspan's Trial Moderator Application

Steam Name:  zaspan

Steam ID:  (STEAM_0:0:41555770)

In Game Name:  Carnor Jax

Time Played (Server Time/Screenshot evidence): playtime.JPG.3906c65285a6d779c65144dcc6c97d38.JPG

Have you had any warns (If so state them):  I have 0 warns and I don’t plan on getting one any time soon.

Have you had any bans (If so state them): I have 0 bans.

Have you been staff on any other servers (If so state them): I have not been a member of staff on any other server.

Why are you applying for TMOD: My decision to apply for this position has lingered my mind quite some time, I believe now that I can be great addition to the staff team, although I have never been a member of staff on any other server, I believe that I have gained enough familiarity on how the server runs and have become acquainted with the rules that all players and other staff members themselves stand by. It’s been made evident to me that sometimes not all staff members are available at every moment during playtime on the server and for this reason, cannot assist absolutely everyone to their needs. I’m willing to fill in these gaps and tend to the players necessities.

What can you bring to the staff team: I can bring a positive attitude and collective conduct amongst all other Staff members. I will be devoted to providing assistance to the players and all of their necessities to the best of my ability, in saying that, only if it does not go against any of the server’s rules. I will also be active throughout the forums and will provide feedback and any kind of assistance when needed. I will respond to situations in a respectful manner and if so needed, will respond to correcting a situation in the correct manner and alternatively, proceed with the correct punishments.

Scenarios
Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you?: 
I would check logs to actually double confirm whether the offense is ‘Mass RDM’ and whether the player disconnected or not. Regardless, some sort of warn will have to be issued. I will also make sure that there is no TDM style situation going on created in a staged environment by another player and or stuff. Once full confirmation that ‘Mass RDM’ did definitely occur with evidence provided by other players (victims), I will then grab the STEAM ID and warn the player for 'Mass RDM | Disconnected to avoid punishment/Admin sit'.  

Someone is bullying another player. What do you do?: I would bring both players together in a secluded area so that I can get context from both players on what exactly happened. All depending on what information is given to me, I would correctly give out the necessary punishments based on the information is given to me, for something minor however. I believe that an apology would be the best between both players together. If the situation was more severe, then proper punishments will be handed out based on what evidence is given to me, such as a verbal warning or a warn.

You see a higher up staff abuse their powers. What do you do?: If I were to see a higher up Staff Member abuse their powers, I would try to catch some screenshots or video evidence if possible. Once captured, I would report the evidence to a Senior Admin or someone like Caboose.

Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?:  I don’t believe Trial Moderators have the ability to ban players. In this case I would catch some screenshots or video evidence of the initial threat towards the server so then I can send the evidence to an Admin+.

I zaspan, accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming, and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

Edited by zaspan
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

+1

Legendary Lad, with a well written app even though you haven't been a staff member before I think you will be able to learn the skills in no time.

Good luck, Happy

4 hours ago, Happy said:

+1

Legendary Lad, with a well written app even though you haven't been a staff member before I think you will be able to learn the skills in no time.

Good luck, Happy

+1 I don't interact with you much 

But you seem good 

Ehhh Your good but there isn't something right about you like I can't put my finger on it  but I have to say Neutral

Zeus, Don't get me wrong you're a good commander and a nice guy to others but I personally have not had the best experiences with you. When I simply shared my opinion on you as a person you got really upset and threatened to get me kicked out of RG, And even then you did not actually hear what happened you got relayed info from someone who was lying. But, Even with that, you're still a decent guy and you seem to be able to handle situations well. I can't really fault you for anything other than that one event, So for that, I'm gonna give you a +1. Just don't ban me when you get Mod ;)

**EDIT**
After reading the comment from Shaz and the info he has brought to light I'll be changing my +1 to a neutral.

Edited by Sierl
  • Thinking 1
  • Downvote 1

A Disclaimer;; I have been around this community a very long time, let me tell you the story of @Bearmax. He was a forum user who essentially went and picked apart every application he could find for no reason whatsoever (if you wanna hear the rest of the tale poke me in ts). I don't do this often. I do this because i actually have a strong belief about what i'm writing.

Moderators are supposed to be understanding and supportive (think like maffa or tucker). In every interaction with you that i have had you have been impatient and rude no matter what i was talking to you about.

Some examples so i'm not witch hunted;

1. Last night during the sith tournament a RG made it to the final two and i made the comment "If this guy is so good then why is he a royal guard?" i was met with "What a stupid fucking comment" from yours truly Zaspan. If it matters where i was going with the comment i meant if he is so good why isn't in SG rather than RG? They're supposed to be elite and more respected than RG.

2. When i was a RG for the first time a few weeks ago i hadn't been updated on the rules about force leaping to and from the base and i was doing so but i accidentally overshot my landing and landed in the rancor tryouts, effectively they reported me to zaspan (fair enough) and i can't exactly remember how he handled it, but it was not taken well by me i can tell you that.

3. When i first joined back to the server i was speaking to the RG commander and i was wondering how getting into SG worked so naturally i sent him a message on teamspeak asking when tryouts were or something and i don't remember what he returned with but it was something along the lines of "no you work your way up like everyone else" which was really out of context because i wasn't trying to skip anything i was only trying to find out more.

I am going to recieve backlash for this. Plain and simple. But sometimes i think its appropriate to do what you think is right no matter what anybody else thinks. 

To put it in naked terms, i am scared of writing this because you have power over me. I know that me writing this will give you an excuse to have a personal vendetta against me and the fact that i feel this way pretty much proves you shouldn't be given any more power.

These statements do not indicate that i dislike zaspan merely that i don't think he is a good fit for moderator. Sure he may be mature and trustworthy but i'm not seeing the rest of it. Sorry and good luck on your journey, zaspan.

Edited by Shaz
  • Thinking 1
  • Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, Shaz said:

Moderators are supposed to be understanding and supportive (think like maffa or tucker). In every interaction with you that i have had you have been impatient and rude no matter what i was talking to you about.

1. Last night during the sith tournament a RG made it to the final two and i made the comment "If this guy is so good then why is he a royal guard?" i was met with "What a stupid fucking comment" from yours truly Zaspan. If it matters where i was going with the comment i meant if he is so good why isn't in SG rather than RG? They're supposed to be elite and more respected than RG.

2. When i was a RG for the first time a few weeks ago i hadn't been updated on the rules about force leaping to and from the base and i was doing so but i accidentally overshot my landing and landed in the rancor tryouts, effectively they reported me to zaspan (fair enough) and i can't exactly remember how he handled it, but it was not taken well by me i can tell you that.

3. When i first joined back to the server i was speaking to the RG commander and i was wondering how getting into SG worked so naturally i sent him a message on teamspeak asking when tryouts were or something and i don't remember what he returned with but it was something along the lines of "no you work your way up like everyone else" which was really out of context because i wasn't trying to skip anything i was only trying to find out more.

I am going to recieve backlash for this. Plain and simple. But sometimes i think its appropriate to do what you think is right no matter what anybody else thinks. 

These statements do not indicate that i dislike zaspan merely that i don't think he is a good fit for moderator. Sure he may be mature and trustworthy but i'm not seeing the rest of it. Sorry and good luck on your journey, zaspan.

I have had the same experiences. You are very stand offish, prone to getting angry very quickly and downright disrespectful to a significant handful of people.

I would not want you on the staff team.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Shaz said:

A Disclaimer;; I have been around this community a very long time, let me tell you the story of @Bearmax. He was a forum user who essentially went and picked apart every application he could find for no reason whatsoever (if you wanna hear the rest of the tale poke me in ts). I don't do this often. I do this because i actually have a strong belief about what i'm writing.

To put it in naked terms, i am scared of writing this because you have power over me. I know that me writing this will give you an excuse to have a personal vendetta against me and the fact that i feel this way pretty much proves you shouldn't be given any more power.

After what Shaz said i have to say -1

• Thinking 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Kix said:

I have had the same experiences. You are very stand offish, prone to getting angry very quickly and downright disrespectful to a significant handful of people.

I would not want you on the staff team.

-1 Everything has been stated by @Kix or @Shaz.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"Moderators are supposed to be understanding and supportive" tbh I more thought their job description was ensuring rules were enforced aka "moderating". Anyway. From my experience with Zaspan he has demonstrated himself to be calm and level headed. He has also demonstrated a willingness to hear out multiple sides of a story when it comes to disputes. Also he isn't one of those wanky guards who tells medics to move along when they are stimming etc +1 would stim again

• Upvote 2

Honestly, I believe what Shaz said is a bit over the top, but considerable. 

However, I do like you, you have shown that you are a good kid. So, +1. And good luck. 

• Like 1

I like you as a person Zaspan, and you were a good commander but, from an observational point of view, you tend to draw to a conclusion too quickly without properly understanding the situation. This means you are quick to respond to the situation but may not be responding in the proper manner. Sometimes this can come off as quite rude to the other party involved. You are also quite easily annoyed by simple things and have a short fuse.

I think you have some good qualities to be a tmod, but I don't think you're there quite yet.

Neutral.

Honestly I'm going to have to -1 this I've found you to hold grudges which is definitly not an ideal trait for a Moderator, I've also found you to be rude and disrespectful both to me and others from what the other posts can see and can be short tempered, I also don't really find you making an effort to get involved with this community as you don't really stand out, Maybe if you made an effort to talk and meet people and get to know them you would stand out more but from my current view I feel you aren't fit for this position sorry.

EDIT: And everytime I have attempted to talk to you, you have either ignored me or blocked me out.

Edited by Splonter
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Shaz said:

When I was In RG I did everything I was Supposed to in game. Maybe I was a bit of a minge in teamspeak but thats all. Even when I was doing my job properly you attempted to gain power over the royal guards And remove me. I do not believe you are suited for this role as you have a very narrow view on situations and have extremely bias opinions in some situations. Huge -1 from me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shaz said:

2 hours ago, Shaz said:

Zaspan I respect you as a member & while I haven't had too many bad experiences with you in the past the things that Shaz has brought up is a concern. So I'm sorry but i'm gonna have to give this a big fat -1 

Neutral -1

I can relate to a lot of stuff being said in here, especially with the short-temperedness of your nature, but I have not seen it as personally or brought to the forefront like the people within RG/SG who have posted here. In my opinion, it is a shame these so-called "Death Responses" have such an influence over the masses; one person can change the tide of an application and public opinion of another in a single post and I do not personally like that. This time however,  Shaz handled it professionally and with good intent, unlike Bearmax a long time ago, so there is at least that to consider.

If you, zaspan, can keep to your words pertaining respect and positivity, a topic that has been disputed on this post, I will consider supporting you because in my opinion I do believe you are capable from what I have seen of you and the answers you have given are admirable enough. For the meantime, however, we will watch your career with great interest.

Edit: Recently viewed the video of zaspan's very obvious and concerning abuse of tools. I also have witnessed him abusing tools in the past. I have previously let it slide but I am not now - I gave him tools on Rishi Moon for what I believed was a saber change, turned it out it was to spam ropes all over the lampposts all over the base. Really disappointing to see on either accounts. zaspan obviously cannot be trusted to be a Moderator i.e. have free access to tools.

Edited by Chef
Changing vote

This is definitely a +1 from me. I have never had an unpleasant experience with Zaspan. I also find him to be one of the most loyal and active players in this community.

3 hours ago, LePaul said:

I like you as a person Zaspan, and you were a good commander but, from an observational point of view, you tend to draw to a conclusion too quickly without properly understanding the situation. This means you are quick to respond to the situation but may not be responding in the proper manner. Sometimes this can come off as quite rude to the other party involved. You are also quite easily annoyed by simple things and have a short fuse.

I think you have some good qualities to be a tmod, but I don't think you're there quite yet.

Neutral.

I fully agree with LePaul here. You do seem like a great guy and I personally have no quarrel with you, but one particular experience I had with you was when I attempted to land a Dropship in the Repair Bays. I could not see from a distance, and because the props were 80% transparent, that SG/RG and some other Sith were doing training in that area, so I practically flew right into it. You then approached me with this response (over voice comms, so something along the lines of):

> "Who the hell is flying this?"

> me attempting to explain I didn't know there was training going on (for the reasons above)

> "You're gonna lose your fucking pilot's license I swear to god"

Again, don't quote me on that. It happened just over two weeks ago now and I don't have any recording of it/clear memory of what he exactly said, but I still remember the encounter. Shortly followed by this:

Spoiler

me continuing to try and explain that I had no idea there was training going on (for the reasons above), both over voice chat and text - I'd also apologised for interrupting several times

Shadow Guard Commander Zeus: its being used
(OOC) SR Private {SR-12} ✪ WeetBix: can i get unarrested npow
(OOC) Rancor Commander ARC-30 Arthur (Splonter): always with SCAR <3
Shadow Guard Commander Zeus: idiot
Shadow Guard Commander Zeus: clearly

I then proceeded to fly off and land elsewhere as both the main hangars were being used

All that said, I can agree with LePaul over how you don't have the best self-control when it comes to managing situations. In the above instance I had made a plain and clear mistake for understandable reasons, in which I'm subsequently being met with undeserving negativity and even some disrespect.

However, I do believe that there is always room to change in people, and for that I have no personal problem with you. I haven't had many encounters with you save for the above negative experience and the late night chill sesh we had in Jet's office (don't take that inappropriately, guys. we were just listening to music :P) , so my overall opinion is still open.

With that, I'm going to leave a Neutral. You do seem like a good, fun and mature guy who ultimately wants to bring out the best in people, but I feel (as have many others) that there is still a lot of room for you to change as a clear-sighted player - that of which is I think a very important trait/quality that all mods should have.

- Greyback <3

Edited by cjhrjone54
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Shaz said:

"no you work your way up like everyone else"

Lets be clear, there's a reason why lots of people aren't in SG, regardless of how good of a dueller they are. RG/SG both have rules as to who gets in or not at a certain rank. Apologies for my over the top remark. 

In regards to that, I can't think of any other situation I would say that to someone unless they directly asked me "I can tryout/join Shadow Guard?".  Hypothetically speaking, if you had asked me "how do I get into SG" I would've happily told you the requirements. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

+1

Just stating this as i've been in SG for a bit now

Each day i sit in a TS for hours on end with Zaspan and not once have i heard him make a rude remark or see him jump to conclusions as I have been asked by Zaspan whats going on so he doesn't get the wrong idea or jump to the wrong conclusion i remember one thing he always says is sometimes you need to take a step back and gather information to really gain the full scope of the situation.

As the SG Commander i can clearly see you have alot of responsibility and sometimes you don't actually have time to respond to people or have a nice chat as there could be more then one task you need done swiftly and quickly or you yourself will be in trouble.

Also when's the last time you didn't see Zaspan on the server. I don't know anyone on the server who plays more then you.

ultimately I feel like you would be a great fit in the staff team and if someone did have a bad experince with Zaspan as some people are stating here why not just PM or text Zaspan on Steam/ InGame and deal with the issue? just my two cents on the matter.

Edited by Marlin