Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
|Stryker|

Star Destroyer Update 2.2 [LIVE]

ISB will have to move unless a pathway can be made for access to navy for the cannons. It could be beneficial for Sith to move in there aswell. I'd say, with the right amount of walls, it could be split up properly for certain regiments to access certain areas. Idk. Maybe enough walls can be made to let ISB stay, but in most cases, prop count will be high, just to delegate the area properly.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Shaz said:

Well said. Being near the troopers means we get to stab more tresspassing sts though.

Look Stabbing ST's is fun and all but that means we will have to go and Constantly guard because of the amount of Troopers there but as people say "Where there's a will there's a way"

Just now, Boris said:

Look Stabbing ST's is fun and all but that means we will have to go and Constantly guard because of the amount of Troopers there but as people say "Where there's a will there's a way"

Indeed.

Does anyone know when this is going live on the server? Im interested to find out how it goes. @Everyone @Stryker

Edited by Shaz

34 minutes ago, Shaz said:

Does anyone know when this is going live on the server? Im interested to find out how it goes. @Everyone @Stryker

The amount of redevelopment required means that probably it is live or is scheduled to go live on the development server to test out ideas and maybe even permaprop some areas to make the transition of the map into the main server as smooth as possible. Also, it would probably go live during periods of downtime - high ranking staff and Engineers will probably have to sacrifice some weekend shuteye to let players wake up to a brand new Star Destroyer the next day, like has been the case with previous updates to the map. This is purely speculation though but it does make practical sense. Probably a developer and/or somebody from the Management Team will come to confirm or dispute this.

Edited by Chef

1 hour ago, Chef said:

Probably not the cleanest solution, but it is the only one I personally can think of. Our Management Team, Engineers and creative minds will probably find a better way around it. Plus this thread is basically a big brainstorming machine so we have the ideas coming from here as well!

58 minutes ago, Boris said:

Temple gonna move that's pretty cool depends where though. ISB sounds nice but i wouldn't like the temple being on the first floor with the amount of trooper traffic over there 

The Temple could move back to the first floor where the current medbay is, seeing as how that’s going to move as well. Either that or one of the new, bigger rooms that have been added.

Edited by cjhrjone54

4 minutes ago, cjhrjone54 said:

The Temple could move back to the first floor where the current medbay is, seeing as how it’s going to move. Either that or one of the new, bigger rooms that have been added.

I’m afraid it’s a tad small for the amount of sith regiments. Plus a throne room a duel room a vaders quaters and bunks for everyone.

Dont really know honestly.

Edited by Shaz

@Shaz Hmm that’s true on the newer versions. In the old version that didn’t have the broken elevators, that used to be the location of the Sith Temple. Now, however, I agree with you as I’m not sure how it could work, unless you sacrifice the current Education Room to suffice for extra space.

22 minutes ago, cjhrjone54 said:

The Temple could move back to the first floor where the current medbay is, seeing as how that’s going to move as well. Either that or one of the new, bigger rooms that have been added.

That's where we had it before we switched to the third floor.

2 hours ago, Chef said:

Think about it, it is combining essentially two areas. The Sith Temple is pretty big in itself (sure, not tall, but it is deep) and the old medbay (which is now empty) and the space around that adds a good amount of area. You can have either one entrance coming in from the bunks or even two entrances: one from the bunks as well as where the entrance is for the current Sith Temple (separate entrances for visitors/prisoners and/or AWRT engineers?), so it can be secure af. I can see it working.

Plus, good memories of the old ISB HQ ;).

Yeah nah, I built the current sith temple and it was hard to compact all those things into that space, ISB need much more space than that hallway.

5 minutes ago, Hisoka said:

Yeah nah, I built the current sith temple and it was hard to compact all those things into that space, ISB need much more space than that hallway.

That is why I suggested combining that hallway and the old medbay, it adds considerable space to use. Hell, they could even take over the third floor bunks for extra storage or to place ISB, DT and Inferno to make more practical use of the space in the medbay and the hallway.

Med bay area is tiny plus imagine how many troopers are gonna be walking around there. It seems temple needs a more secure and a quieter place and ISB would be perfect for that lots of space plus a secure place

Edited by Boris

1 hour ago, Shaz said:

It seems this map update has thrust us into anarchy

We will survive!

Hopefully 

• Upvote 1

I'm sure that the Senior Staff team will come up with a way to make everyone happy on this new map, We just have to wait and see what they have in mind.. Hopefully Whitey gets to put an input in because I'm sure hes already brainstorming up the perfect scenario right now for any possible location changes.

4 hours ago, Chef said:

YES! ISB GET TO MOVE AGAIN! :D

The Engineers could probably take the current ISB space to maintain the turbolasers and to give more space for some expansive engineering projects. It could also be utilised by regiments as a training area much like how the Engine Room can be used. It would also be a good place to build large-scale dupes without having to use the hangars. Or, alternatively, the Sith Temple could partially move in here (I say partially so there is room for military regiments and Navy to use and maintain the turbolasers) so they can Force Jump around and stuff.

Since the Sith Temple has to move since doors and stuff are in the way, ISB could take the space where the Sith Temple is as well as where the old medbay is. It's a pretty quiet, out of the way area with some good developed space to build whatever secretive stuff they need (psst AWRT could be the old medbay ;) ).

The bridge checkpoint can easily be moved (even though it was recently built ;C ) to guard just the elevators and allow others to pass to the medbay. Another checkpoint then can get put in place just past the medbay doors to guard the turbolasers. Compact design is the best design!

As mentioned above, the custom-built bunks can probably be dismantled and move the regiments in them into the newly updated bunks to reduce prop count. Perhaps, if the Sith move to the old ISB/turbolaser area, the Engineers could move into this space and be close the Engine Room.

For the new rooms, I do not have any ideas but there are endless possibilities, as is the case with every amazing update LordTrilobite rolls out! Thanks for your hard work man, you are an invaluable asset to Gmod's Star Wars community! Keep up the good work!

(can't tag people atm cause I'm using school internet :3 )

As much as I'd like to have Engineers moved into there, it wont make much sense anymore seeing as the Engine Room was also updated which will allow us to do some proper RP down there, but everything else seems like a good idea, Sith temple could be good in the way they wouldnt be mingy and shoot the lazers, but then there is the bit of them possibly not allowing or being happy with Navy coming through to man them, but IDK. Stills seems great :) 

• Thinking 1

3 hours ago, Gideon said:

This is demonic speaking because for some reason I can't log in to my main on my phone.

This is just an idea. But what if the first section of Naval Quarters were to be vacated. And have them move back to their old bunks, would save time, space, and sanity.

Just my 2 cents :)

I dare you to ask Tarkin to move his office.

14 minutes ago, Anthony said:

As much as I'd like to have Engineers moved into there, it wont make much sense anymore seeing as the Engine Room was also updated which will allow us to do some proper RP down there, but everything else seems like a good idea, Sith temple could be good in the way they wouldnt be mingy and shoot the lazers, but then there is the bit of them possibly not allowing or being happy with Navy coming through to man them, but IDK. Stills seems great :) 

Getting into sith requires trust i’m sure we wouldnt touch those turrets as long as the navy didnt touch our artifacts.

11 minutes ago, Keta said:

I dare you to ask Tarkin to move his office.

Oh excellent, will do.

Say, does navy happen to have 450kgs of blaster-resistant material, a T-7 ion disrupter, and a pathway to immortality? I might need it for when I ask him.

7 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Oh excellent, will do.

Say, does navy happen to have 450kgs of blaster-resistant material, a T-7 ion disrupter, and a pathway to immortality? I might need it for when I ask him.

that won't save you lmao

SIth wouldn't really touch the guns but sometimes if navy need help you can ask sith too shoot for you . Just an idea

• Thinking 1

@Delta I linked you a vid on how to make magic sand, just build one xD

I reckon we move Sith Temple to the otherside of engine room :3

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Boris said:

SIth wouldn't really touch the guns but sometimes if navy need help you can ask sith too shoot for you . Just an idea

A nice example of what sith don't do... Shooting turbolasers... 

• Haha 1