Martibo

Keycards ;)

With the support of moose we have finally released Keycards, it will be implemented in the next day we just need to fix some issues but for the most part it is fully functional. I know it doesn't seem like a huge thing but this took alot of time and effort to make custom specific to our server and we had to write alot of code ourselves. I'd also like to thank stryker in advance because im going to make him slave away at some things for me in the coming days to make sure it rolls out as smooth as possible.

• Haha 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Upvote 8

@Spicer Both. The keycards on left click can be inserted into a keypad and if you have the correct clearance or other conditions that can be set for the specific door then it will open. It also acts as a ID for right click showing name, rank, regiment and clearance.

Don't worry, guards are not useless as there are keypad crackers to break into rooms.

Edited by Jman1308

1 hour ago, Martibo said:

I'd also like to thank stryker in advance because im going to make him slave away at some things for me in the coming days

M m m m Mor Mor MORE slave work? Oh o o o Ok.
(Accurate Representation - COLOURIZED)
760b6d842599b328c1e63898298dd732.jpg.867feeee316a18be61b7244198770f10.jpg

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, LimeStrider said:

Ok. But can I use it to buy things?

No..Why would you use a key card to purchase things..

• Haha 1

When i got my Keycard i think there's a bug it only gives me CL 2 but as an RG Guardsman you're supposed too get CL 3. Do you know why this could have happened

@Crisp I don't believe they are in yet, I think Martibo is adding them tonight.  

15 hours ago, Martibo said:

I'd also like to thank stryker in advance because im going to make him slave away at some things for me in the coming days to make sure it rolls out as smooth as possible.

@Boris Not sure but the Dev team will be making sure they roll out smoothly and making changes as needed.

Please don't hurt me for taking your job Dev's

Edited by Jman1308

1 hour ago, Jman1308 said:

@Delta You can set Clearance, Regiments and Individuals I believe.

Wow good job boys 

Can't wait too see how this goes in the sever 

So... is there gonna be one of the door to each bunk, set to that reg and like isb/navy/shock (inspections, etc) or would that bring a lag factor in?

11 minutes ago, Mauler said:

So... is there gonna be one of the door to each bunk, set to that reg and like isb/navy/shock (inspections, etc) or would that bring a lag factor in?

Doubt it, maybe only to restricted areas (Bridge, ISB, Brig etc)

Just now, bosterflaming said:

would that include sith temple,MHC,mh1 and mh2 control rooms and the kos zone in medbay

I'm not making the cards, but I would presume so, there would be some issues, but they'll probs be dealt with. 

(I used ETC as a general basis for restricted areas)

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

Time to get locked out of everything since I refuse to get promoted from Janitor, which doesnt even have Lvl 1 clearence

Lol. You’ll be remembered as the legend who refused promotions.

Edited by Shaz
  • Like 1