Sign in to follow this  
JaegerB

Jaeger's Ban Appeal

Steam Name: jaegeR

Steam ID: STEAM_1:0:79857744

In game name and rank: NT Staff Sergeant ✘ N05 ✘ {AO} Jaeger

How long was the ban: Perma

Staff who banned you: Frank

When was the ban: I'll assume sometime last night, I haven't been on in 24 hrs and found out about this only 10 minutes ago.

Reason for ban: Doxxing/Player Disrespect

Explain the situation: Ok, so this one really caught me by surprise. When I first joined nova in around about December, Jack was one of my higher-ups. He stuck around until about January-ish and then decided he wanted to go join SCAR. This was all cool, he left, all g. For whatever reason he didn't get into SCAR and ended up an ST Sergeant (I believe, may have been SSGT). Still, no issues. We removed him from teamspeak as you would do, since it's for Nova Troopers. No issues for a week and a bit. For whatever reason he ended up an ST PVT (no idea why, myself). As nova, we did our stuff etc. Guarded MHC as you would, did our jobs basically. Jack is an ST PVT, but seems to think he is above that rank and loiters a fair bit around MHC asking to talk to us. We don't have time to and don't wish to as we are having our own conversations and trying to do our jobs. So we treat him like anyone else and ask him to move along, please stop loitering, as you would. He starts getting really agitated over the next week or so, spamming some of us with all caps angry steam messages and in game, especially to me. He also accuses us of RDA when we attempt arrest or call AOSes on him for loitering. I ask him to stop, he simply keeps them coming. I chuck a couple of these in OOC during quiet server hours (we're talking mornings, about 10-20 people on) just to show how profanity-filled and offensive these messages are.  Jack decides that this is "Doxxing". Now, just to give you an idea of what that is, here's a definition:

verb
informal
gerund or present participle: doxxing
  1. search for and publish private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the Internet, typically with malicious intent.
    "hackers and online vigilantes routinely dox both public and private figures"

Now I don't know about you, but none of what I did was "searching and publishing private or identifying information" about him. PMs are not private to him,  they are sent to another person. And as for malicious intent, putting a few in OOC to show people the kind of stuff I was getting is not malicious. I'm simply showing people the kind of stuff I'm being sent and spammed with. As for actual copies of the pms, I'll quote some in here if someone can find them (I have someone checking now). This stuff was irritating and offensive to no end.

I'll admit, I got a bit upset with him but nothing I ever sent him was as offensive as what I was sent. Asking him to leave an area, please get going, and explaining to him that I wasn't doxxing him was about as bad as it got.

Why you deserve to be unbanned: Frankly, this whole situation got way out of hand way too fast. Jack is (barring minges) about the only player I've ever had a conflict with in my 3 months on this server. It's been a really great experience so far and I've enjoyed interacting with people in a friendly environment. I think the issue here is that Jack might have forgotten his rank and permissions (eg the loitering), and that I might have been a bit too hard on him to start with. However this all escalated to the point where accusations of doxxing started to be thrown around, not to mention the spamming. I understand that it mightn't have been a great idea to put the messages in OOC, but I did it with the sole intent of showing others what kind of messages I was being sent constantly. In conclusion, I believe that I should have my ban shortened or removed since this has been a one time issue and I have not had a history of conflict. I also believe that the accusation of Doxxing is false, as nothing I did fit within that description in any way, shape, or form. I'd like to thank you for giving up your time to read this appeal and hope there can be a speedy resolution to this issue.

Sincerely,

Jaeger

Quick Edit: I'd also like to mention that admins never spoke to me, and there was no sit. All this happened last night while I was offline.

Edited by JaegerB
  • Upvote 16

I was there, Jack was constantly messaging these guys telling them to stop doing their job

@Jackson You need to give them a chance to explain why this is wrong. Yet the moment they called you out in OOC, you said "WHAT" as if it was their fault. I'm very disappointed.

Overall. This isn't doxxing. Releasing private communications on a StarWarsRP server to the general public isn't the same as leaking someone's personal address. It isn't malicious, In many ways it can help bring light to situations such as these.

+1 For the complete ban removal.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, JaegerB said:

Edit 2: Batman (Nova CMDR)'s reply to this was just removed without warning...

We have rules and regulations and im sure someone aka Ridge made a post about responding to ban appeals. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Little5avage said:

We have rules and regulations and im sure someone aka Ridge made a post about responding to ban appeals. 

Sorry, yeah. Had no idea this was a thing, thanks for the clarification!

• Upvote 1

Ok. So it was yesterday and Some ST started swearing in OOC I told him to stop and if its a conversation with any swear words in it keep it off OOC and take it to PMs and then Jaeger then kinda started an Argument between me and him in PMs and then i said "OOC is where everyone can see it and if a kid was on he could see it, PMs not as they are Private" Then he spouted out in OOC "One might argue with a" and then proceeded to say my irl age which made me extremely uncomfortable and then I proceeded to PM him "Stop please stop Just Stop" I made 2 admin tickets but they wouldn't listen cause they are busy but then Jaeger PM'ed me this "Git Doxxed M8" as some Half-assed joke. And then DC'ed. A couple days ago He started calling me a "Reg hopper" in OOC and an NT started to back him up but I was never reg hopping even though some people believed him what happened was I was NT SSGT I left for SCAR got kicked 5 days later then proceeded to join Juggernaut 3 days later when I left 3 days later cause I wasn't a big fan of Jugg, Then Vertex who bought MG commander wanted me to help him in MG I joined but he got too stressed and Disbanded it that same day so I became ST PVT. But what happened recently was he said my real age in OOC [I don't want to say] and since Staff were busy I got a friend to call Wolf to help and get an admin, AKA Frank, I showed him what Jaeger said talked to Wolf and Frank in ts, Wolf found the PMs after I said it and what he said in OOC. And then Frank decided to Permaban him

• Thinking 2
  • Downvote 5

13 minutes ago, Jackson said:

And then DC'ed

You can look at logs. I was online for a solid hour or so that morning.

15 minutes ago, Jackson said:

I left for SCAR got kicked 5 days later then proceeded to join Juggernaut 3 days later when I left 3 days later cause I wasn't a big fan of Jugg

You say you weren't a big fan of Juggernauts. You left of your own accord. That is moving between regiments quickly of your own accord...

2 hours ago, Demonic said:

I was there, Jack was constantly messaging these guys telling them to stop doing their job

@Jackson You need to give them a chance to explain why this is wrong. Yet the moment they called you out in OOC, you said "WHAT" as if it was their fault. I'm very disappointed.

Overall. This isn't doxxing. Releasing private communications on a StarWarsRP server to the general public isn't the same as leaking someone's personal address. It isn't malicious, In many ways it can help bring light to situations such as these.

+1 For the complete ban removal.

Look I said that cause what you said was "Jack..." But I was a bit angry at that moment so that's, why I said "What" in caps, cause I thought you were gonna say. I wanna say I just I'm sorry if you misunderstood me. I was not blaming Jaeger I was meaning to say "What do you want" But I got too angry and just said "WHAT". I hope you now know what I said

4 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Look I said that cause what you said was "Jack..." But I was a bit angry at that moment so that's, why I said "What" in caps, cause I thought you were gonna say. I wanna say I just I'm sorry if you misunderstood me. I was not blaming Jaeger I was meaning to say "What do you want" But I got too angry and just said "WHAT". I hope you now know what I said

At that moment? It was more than just that moment. I'd say at least 80% of the angry PMs you sent me were all in caps. Just because others can't see it doesn't make it ok. Just talk to me in normal text. I'll still notice it, and caps seems extremely hostile.

Let's keep it civil here... 

We don't need any denied applications because someone called someone a "something".

+1

Tictackxo

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Head Coach Frank said:

You sent jack a message saying (Get doxxed kid) then a few moments later in OOC chat you said his real life age.

Is there any way myself, nova, and yourself could discuss this in TS? I'd prefer not to bog down this thread with stuff. The order of things in this scenario can be confusing and I can see it might help if we discuss things. I'd like to explain to you the order of things, and perhaps how things were happening before then. 

EDIT: So basically the whole doxxing thing had been a bit of an inside joke in nova for about a week, since jack had accused us of doxxing him by putting the messages in OOC. That's basically the origin of the "Git Doxxed" pm, which was intended to poke fun at what was percieved by us to be a joke. 

The whole age thing was unrelated to the doxxing msg, and was in response to jack mentioning in OOC that swearing shouldn't be in OOC in case of smaller children seeing it. I pointed out that he could also be considered a kid and that it was hypocritical of him to say that, given the profanity he had previously been sending myself and various Nova Troopers both in game and out of game. Batman has some screenshots of extremely angry messages sent to him enmasse via steam. 

EDIT2: You told us your age. You tell a lot of people your age.

Edited by JaegerB

20 minutes ago, JaegerB said:

Is there any way myself, nova, and yourself could discuss this in TS? I'd prefer not to bog down this thread with stuff. The order of things in this scenario can be confusing and I can see it might help if we discuss things. I'd like to explain to you the order of things, and perhaps how things were happening before then. 

EDIT: So basically the whole doxxing thing had been a bit of an inside joke in nova for about a week, since jack had accused us of doxxing him by putting the messages in OOC. That's basically the origin of the "Git Doxxed" pm, which was intended to poke fun at what was percieved by us to be a joke. 

The whole age thing was unrelated to the doxxing msg, and was in response to jack mentioning in OOC that swearing shouldn't be in OOC in case of smaller children seeing it. I pointed out that he could also be considered a kid and that it was hypocritical of him to say that, given the profanity he had previously been sending myself and various Nova Troopers both in game and out of game. Batman has some screenshots of extremely angry messages sent to him enmasse via steam. 

I only told batman of the events  I ralked to no NT and i wasn’t really angry at batman i didnt swear at you or Batman 

• Thinking 2

13 minutes ago, Jackson said:

I only told batman of the events  I ralked to no NT and i wasn’t really angry at batman i didnt swear at you or Batman 

Spoiler

hnIe4vO.png

Spoiler

RBM0fQa.png

These are just steam messages and in game. Not even the TS pokes, especially after he became extremely angry when we changed the TS password.

Edited by JaegerB
  • Thinking 3