Greyback's Trial Moderator Application

Steam Name: cjhrjone54

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:173700816

In Game Name: RS First Lieutenant Greyback

Time Played (Server Time/Screenshot evidence): 2 Weeks | 1 Day | 6 Hours

ImperialGamingplaytimeproof.thumb.png.44f787857047d547b508be3b28b4fe67.png

Have you had any warns (If so state them):

I've only ever had three warns on the server; two of which were in my earlier days.

Other than that, I've evolved to be a greater, serious RPer and a better player since my earlier days, and I only want to spend even more time bettering myself not just for me personally, but for other people as well.

1. [Jester] RDM [09-29-2017]

2. [Jman] Killing self to avoid arrest [11-23-2017]

3. [Carnifex] Failrp | playing music through mic [01-13-2018]

Have you had any bans (If so state them):

Even though I have had warns, I have never been banned nor kicked from the server.

Have you been staff on any other servers (If so state them):

I haven't been staff on any other servers, no. However, I'm currently a Moderator on a 650,000+ member group on Facebook, and have been for nearly a year now. I'm not sure that will count for anything here, but I do have experience with kicking, banning, and muting (equivalent to Warns on the server) people who need to be, if they are breaking the group rules (and providing exact reasons why). I'm also able to monitor certain content, and follow up on situations if I need to (eg. messaging someone via PM to sort out a situation, appeal their ban, discuss with other Mods/Admins what the problem is and rectify it).

Again, I'm not sure if this will be of any use but I thought I'd bring it up all the same.

<For the sake of my privacy I'm not going to directly mention the Facebook Group, so if you want confirmation on the above then feel free to PM me>

Why are you applying for TMOD:

I like helping people out wherever I can, and I'd like to bring that into the server via a more dynamic role. I've been growing increasingly active the last couple of months, and would like to help the existing Staff Team. Whether it's assisting with RP and-or Events, protecting the server from minges, trolls and likewise who have no intent to RP, or also generally helping out around the place wherever I'm needed, I'm willing to help keep this community the magical wonderful place that it is. I do take the rules very seriously and I often find myself reinforcing said rules to many new players; some of whom never listen until I take it to AOS or an Admin.

I'm already a very generous Rescue Trooper, walking around base and-or the ship making sure everybody is stocked with ammo and health boosts, and ensuring people stay alive in Events. That said, I'd like to help share my generosity with the rest of the server in more ways than one. I'd only ever treat people the same way I'd want to be treated, so I wouldn't ever abuse my power or treat anyone with disrespect/insult them; even if they might be a mingy, annoying, non-RP player.

What can you bring to the staff team:

As mentioned above, I already have a great experience with managing large, varying groups of people. I believe I can bring that knowledge to the Staff Team and-or server and use it in a similar, and more relevant, way – and with that being said, bring about yet another point of view/perspective/way of looking at problems. I've never kicked, banned or muted anyone just for the sake of doing so or because I personally didn't like the person when other Mods/Admins didn't have a problem with them, so my actions have been strictly to support the rules of the group. If I were to become a part of the team, I would only act according to the predefined rules of the server, and not for any other reason, as I would not want to abuse my powers.

Scenarios
Someone Mass RDM’s and disconnects from the server. What do you?:

I would grab their Steam ID and give them a single warn for 'Mass RDM | Disconnected to avoid arrest (and-or) admin sit'. Depending on the level of Mass RDM, however, I may also warrant a temporary and-or permanent ban.

Someone is bullying another player. What do you do?:

I would bring both players into a separate sit and try to gather more information from both sides. Depending on how far the situation escalates, I would give the bully a warn for Player Disrespect. Otherwise, I would let both players off on a verbal warning; telling the victim and bully to stay away from each other for the time being, and for the bully to not proceed with further bullying in any form (PM's, OOC, etc.) (and for the victim to not go taunting the bully via the same method).

You see a higher up staff abuse their powers. What do you do?:

I would question the person directly as to why they're abusing their powers. If they do not give a valid, good enough reason/admittance of fault and-or continue to do so after being told to stop I would take evidence and pass the information onto someone who has the appropriate permissions to deal with the person. I have Instant Video Capture turned on 99% of the time, so gathering any evidence wouldn't be very difficult.

Someone threatens to DDOS the server. what do you do?:

To be perfectly honest, I know very little about DDOS attacks. However, I would report the threat to any server staff who do have knowledge and let them take control of the situation (due to my lack of DDOS knowledge), but I would be more than ready to help them out in any way in order to preserve the server, dupes, and-or let people know that an attack may be imminent. I would also take note of the person's Steam ID (if possible) for future reference purposes and-or bannable intent.

Additional Note(s):

I've been using the ULX Server addon over the past week for various reasons, so I'm already mildly familiar with how it works, but could use some extra training on more advanced features/areas.

Terms

I accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming, and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

Edited by cjhrjone54
  • Upvote 1

Now, I do like you, but this application, (in my opinion) is written poorly. Some of the information is just filler, and can be easily replaced or removed. 

Personally, I don't know why you are trying to get your warns removed, (From Jman and Jester accordingly) but at what basis are you trying to remove the warn. I could almost bet that you don't have any proof, nor otherwise. 

Please, don't turn this into an argument, this is solely my opinion.

Best of Luck, 

A.

+1

Greyback is more than qualified to be a moderator, he is all of the following:

Trustworthy

Loyal

Determined

Helpful

Knowledge

Friendly.

I cannot wait to see you on the staff team!

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Maffa146 said:

Now, I do like you, but this application, (in my opinion) is written poorly. Some of the information is just filler, and can be easily replaced or removed. 

Personally, I don't know why you are trying to get your warns removed, (From Jman and Jester accordingly) but at what basis are you trying to remove the warn. I could almost bet that you don't have any proof, nor otherwise. 

Please, don't turn this into an argument, this is solely my opinion.

Best of Luck, 

A.

I understand where you're coming from (don't worry, I'm not going to turn this into an argument ;P), but I had good intent when writing this and didn't intend for any of it to be filler. I only ever write, do or say things with total truth and honesty because I'm tired of lying about serious things - been doing that to other people and myself long before I even owned Gmod, let alone discovered this community. I may go back and see if there's anything I can change, but I did proof-read this several times before putting it up because I wanted it to get my point(s) across. Like I said with my PAC I don't want to say or be assumed that I deserve this position; I just want to help out. No filler information intended :)

As for the warns, I spoke with Cody two days ago about reviewing them and he said he'd get back to me. I've been meaning to get those two specific warns looked at for a while but could never be bothered/never had the time to sit down and discuss them. Only reason I'm trying to appeal them now is because I don't want to have too many warns on my record, having learned from my past mistakes and because I'm becoming a much more serious player now. I don't have physical proof of the warns from my POV and the reasoning behind what I did, no (this was before I figured out how to set up Instant Replay, let alone was a fully-fledged part of the community), but I remember both of them clearly and I wouldn't try to appeal both of them if I had no justifiable reason to. Otherwise I would've appealed Carnifex's as well :P but I take full responsibility for that particular warning.

Nonetheless, thanks for your reply. Hopefully that cleared a bit up :D

And whilst I'm here...

46 minutes ago, Kix said:

+1

Trustworthy

Loyal

Determined

Helpful

Knowledge

Friendly.

1 minute ago, Shaz said:

+`1 haven't had a bad interaction with him.

Thank you! <3

• Upvote 1
  • Advisor

neutral

I've had less than pleasant experiences with you and since then, I don't believe you're fit for the role. 
I could be mistaken though, willing to change. These are just my current thoughts.

6 hours ago, Kix said:

+1

Trustworthy

Loyal

Determined

Helpful

Knowledge

Friendly.

+1

Gratitude/response time! :D

On 01/02/2018 at 4:18 PM, Haz said:

Neutral

On 01/02/2018 at 4:23 PM, Parks said:

Neutral

May I ask why you guys left a Neutral? I'd like to know what I could improve on, from your perspectives. :)

On 01/02/2018 at 4:51 PM, zaspan said:

neutral

I've had less than pleasant experiences with you and since then, I don't believe you're fit for the role. 
I could be mistaken though, willing to change. These are just my current thoughts.

If this is to do with the Dropship incident about two weeks back, please check my reply to your TMod app. Otherwise, that was purely a mistake as I did not intend to fly into your training. The props were about 80% transparent so I couldn't see them from a far off distance until I got closer.

Other than that, I personally believe that my actions on the server have been improving as of late; but from your perspective, I could be mistaken. Feel free to call me out on that if I'm wrong so I know what else I can improve on. :D

On 09/02/2018 at 4:03 PM, Puppy said:

Neutral,

don't see you on much but that might just be me, anyways good luck.

~Puppy <3

I believe I've been on almost every day for the past few weeks, spending a lot of time with my regiment and doing little jobs/RP around the server. Next time I'm on I'll come say hi to you. :D

On 07/02/2018 at 8:50 AM, Demonic said:

+1

He let me play my melodica in his discord

Hahahaha, any time good sir! ;)

On 01/02/2018 at 4:09 PM, Emerald said:

+1

Greyback would make an Outstanding Moderator due to...

• Friendly
  • Helpful
  • Active
  • Trustworthy

Good Luck!

On 01/02/2018 at 4:14 PM, Spin said:

+1 Have had 0 negative experiences with Greyback only positives. Good luck.

On 01/02/2018 at 7:30 PM, Delta said:

+1

On 01/02/2018 at 7:41 PM, bosterflaming said:

+1 good and trust worthy

On 01/02/2018 at 8:13 PM, Pluto said:

+1

On 03/02/2018 at 1:06 AM, NickArino said:

+`1 Would make a great Mod

On 07/02/2018 at 7:55 AM, Ramirez said:

+1, Reasons stated above 

On 08/02/2018 at 11:29 PM, Snowy said:

+1

On 09/02/2018 at 2:46 AM, BassBalloon said:

+1

On 09/02/2018 at 3:11 PM, Cody said:

+1

On 10/02/2018 at 1:43 AM, Happy said:

+1

3 hours ago, Horvat said:

+1 xx

Love you all! :D

Thank you! <3

- Greyback

Edited by cjhrjone54
  • Advisor

+1 - have had zero issues with Greyback. Is a positive contributor to the community who has proven to be loyal and submersed himself in his RP. A suitable candidate for the moderator team.