Kix

Additional payment methods

Heyo, Kix here.

If we could add a Visa method to the donation store that would be great as my PayPal does not work.

Don't really see why not, the only issue is it will take time/manpower to set up.

Please take this into consideration, as this was what prevented me from contributing to the Royal Children's hospital fundraiser.

Adios Amigo's

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Ramirez said:

Maybe let’s focus on visa first xD

Or robux, V-bucks, krypokeys, *looks at the Thesaurus of in game currency*, poke dollars, caps, blingz and sand  

yes I looked most of this up 

Edited by Delta
  • Haha 1

You can use your visa card through paypal, also it is the preferred method as with visa - transactions can typically be refunded via your bank without a reason neccesary and with paypal we are able to put in some terms of service that stop people from charging back after a donation has been given. It just sort of protects us more in legal terms, that what your paying for is a "Donation" and not an item you're purchasing online.

• Upvote 3

I didn’t think of it that way... well a servers gotta do what a servers gotta do to stay functioning and healthy... that’s Coolio.

• Thinking 1

5 hours ago, Martibo said:

You can use your visa card through paypal, also it is the preferred method as with visa - transactions can typically be refunded via your bank without a reason neccesary and with paypal we are able to put in some terms of service that stop people from charging back after a donation has been given. It just sort of protects us more in legal terms, that what your paying for is a "Donation" and not an item you're purchasing online.

So if my PayPal does not work I cannot contribute to the server?

5 hours ago, Dane said:

*pays money*

*Receives good/s in return for said money*

*Calls it a donation*

On 26/01/2018 at 8:51 AM, Dane said:

*pays money*

*Receives good/s in return for said money*

*Calls it a donation*

Yeah I know what you mean, but you aren't getting anything physical so the item is deemed virtual and that isn't considered refundable by pay pal unless you call up and complain you didn't get what you paid for which gets you community banned FYI unless cleared through caboose etc. With your bank/visa you can refund at any time and say your son or significant other made the purchase with your knowledge and we'd get charged back the donation. So again it protects us in a way so that we can keep the server running.

1 hour ago, Martibo said:

Yeah I know what you mean, but you aren't getting anything physical so the item is deemed virtual and that isn't considered refundable by pay pal unless you call up and complain you didn't get what you paid for which gets you community banned FYI unless cleared through caboose etc. With your bank/visa you can refund at any time and say your son or significant other made the purchase with your knowledge and we'd get charged back the donation. So again it protects us in a way so that we can keep the server running.

Fully get the point here if someone receives the HK droid, decides they don't like it and does a charge back. Community ban.

But if someone doesn't get what was promised I think they have every right to do a charge back assuming no reasonable steps are taken to rectify the issue

33 minutes ago, Kix said:

Fully get the point here if someone receives the HK droid, decides they don't like it and does a charge back. Community ban.

But if someone doesn't get what was promised I think they have every right to do a charge back assuming no reasonable steps are taken to rectify the issue

We make sure we deliver but for example if someone donated for something before asking and we deny it, usually we will work something out or refund them. At the end everyone is always happy.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Martibo said:

We make sure we deliver but for example if someone donated for something before asking and we deny it, usually we will work something out or refund them. At the end everyone is always happy.

Yeah :)

Paypal gives us security, If you want to use your visa, link your visa card top your paypal, I am not going to add VISA options due to security, also to the donation thing we call it a Donation so its non refundable and you accept terms and conditions when Donating, that states its a Donation and for Donating towards us we can give you different reward packages depending on the amount you Donated, this way it gives us security for those salty people who like to chargeback through paypal, all I do is show Paypal the terms and conditions and that its a Donation and they return the money back to us and that person who charged back gets a strike basically. Using VISA will allow people to chargeback and I would not be able to do anything about it as I would need to get in contact with the bank and the amount of time it would take just to get say $75 back would be stupid. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Wolf said:

Paypal gives us security, If you want to use your visa, link your visa card top your paypal, I am not going to add VISA options due to security, also to the donation thing we call it a Donation so its non refundable and you accept terms and conditions when Donating, that states its a Donation and for Donating towards us we can give you different reward packages depending on the amount you Donated, this way it gives us security for those salty people who like to chargeback through paypal, all I do is show Paypal the terms and conditions and that its a Donation and they return the money back to us and that person who charged back gets a strike basically. Using VISA will allow people to chargeback and I would not be able to do anything about it as I would need to get in contact with the bank and the amount of time it would take just to get say $75 back would be stupid. 

Understandable.

Any other way I can donate down the line? I don't want rewards or roles