Kix's Pac 3 Tier 2 Application

Back soon-----

In game name - Kix

Steam ID/link - STEAM_0:1:114042335

Play Time - Six Weeks, 5 days and a bunch of hours ;)

Questions:

1. What have you created with PAC 3 since receiving Tier 1? (Include Pictures of your best PAC)

I have created Saws/Scalpels and multiple surgical items, in order to create an immersive experience for not just myself, but all who enter the medbay. 

I have reskinned many guns, and have taught many how to replace & Fuse models. I enjoy creating pacs for others and quite a few of the pacs you see being used around the ship have been either made by myself, or created following my teaching of these skills.

For the majority of this section I will attach pictures and annotate them:

Please Note!!

ID-10 Droid has been replaced with another droid, ID-10 was a placeholder.

Majority of my pacs are currently inaccessible, but will be added once I have access to them.

Video PAC 3's:

The first  PAC is used when a trooper/official is Clinically Dead. I hold down "H" and my model gets down on his knees and begins compressions. "H" is also bound to say "Commencing CPR, Stand Clear!" as you can see in the video. This PAC is one of my personal favourites and can be used frequently due to the high mortality rates on the Vanquisher. 

This PAC is my Default Typing animation. This was an absolute nightmare to set up as it relies on going back and forth, and is not as simple as just moving the bones. I am reasonably happy with the results from this PAC but will be doing some more fine tuning.

Spoiler

5a6551fc0007f_MedicalRP.thumb.jpeg.f88191c8fd551088596b9b22bebfd681.jpeg

A snippet of the Medical RP I have been using Pac for. This is one of many preset stances I have set in order to enrich the patients roleplay. 

This picture contains the patient, and myself looking over at them discussing what medical procedures I am to begin.

More Pacs of these sorts will be added, but I am currently unable to access my laptop which is where majority of my pacs lie.

Spoiler

5a65529b6d715_ID3rdperson.thumb.jpeg.d534cf2d076c9faa61b3c65eae457826.jpeg

Above you can see my Identification, Which triggers when I press "i" on my keyboard. At the same time my ID still shows in chat, for the readers ease of access.

The ID contains my Full ID, as well as a portrait of myself.

Below you can see the same pac, but in first person. First person is toggled.

5a6552a0e5e51_IDFirstperson.thumb.jpeg.770e05e255216261ab25ff2f7e0d249a.jpeg

Spoiler

5a655447427f1_DualPistols.thumb.jpeg.5d5f697c043f6a8a00c6d62f9b59a699.jpeg

Here you can see my dual pistols, a full reskin of the E11 complete with animations and all holdtypes set. Events have been completely configured to ensure no glitches arise as a result of this reskin.

Below is a first person view of the pistols

5a65544e2b434_DualPistolsfirstperson.thumb.jpeg.2c11d72277614cb68b1d8b4975a26e6b.jpeg

Spoiler

AR.thumb.jpeg.0d197300c6a5899bb74e14ecceedf43c.jpeg

This is a reskinned DLT-19. The DLT-19 is currently used by a very large number of regiments so I decided to differ myself from the masses, While sticking with the same theme I used while creating my pistols.

This weapon is comprised of about 6 different HL2/CS/Star wars weapons. I used clipping, Resizing, Bone Merges and Holdtypes to ensure the weapon operates as smoothly as possible.

First person, Safety & ADS View Below

5a6555002fdcc_ARADS.thumb.jpeg.9ecd8f0d65534693f7f3929140ef430c.jpeg5a6554fe4bc8a_ARSafety.thumb.jpeg.53e971edd6f39f4449e523773ab35762.jpeg 

5a6555e17e60a_ARFirstperson.thumb.jpeg.95d8e7ca4e5ad16b2bca51af4f7d0179.jpeg

Spoiler

A few miscellaneous pacs up ahead:

5a6556029b972_MedKit.thumb.jpeg.8ac537002e922ad7c2daaaab9b7367d4.jpeg

Medkit, Pretty Self explanatory. Actives the Walk Brief animation.

Propaganda.thumb.jpeg.a6612e2759743dbd0d9df1d1194f72d9.jpeg 

Imperial Propaganda Poster, This may appear to be a simple model but it is actually a plate with a pictures sourced from outside the game. This is not just a model that has been slapped into my arms.

5a65560f161ed_LaserPointerKnife.thumb.jpeg.91bb2b383cf2e7eab56962a8b237e96d.jpeg

Laser Pointer & Knife, none of the two are currently in use as I have no use for them in my current role.

2. How have you improved the Roleplay for other members of the community whilst using PAC 3? (Provide Examples)

I have quite subtly increased role play for the community, a bit here and a bit there. As a medic I have many opportunities to roleplay effectively with my patients and I have done so. Things such as physically having a vial/needle during surgery as opposed to using a /me during surgery. Handing pills to troops, Setting limbs back in place and more. When under 10 health my character drops on the ground and is slowed to a crawl. One of my biggest gripes in games is that there is no difference in your ability regardless of if you have 1 bullet or 5 bullets in your chest. Adding to the realism of combat, My models armour gets dirtier during events. During Events I utilise a different rebel to other models(With permission from the EM) in order to diversify the rebels. I have transported goods using a box, which can be carried in my hands. Heavy loads are transported using a push cart i have created. These PACS commonly receive praise from new members of the server, with many asking how I did it and vowing to one day get PAC.

3. What has been improved from the implementation of PAC 3? (Personal Experience)

PAC 3 as a whole has vastly changed the way I interact with others in game. Identification can actually be provided, Instead of using /me.  Medical Roleplay has been better than ever with the addition of pac 3, Being able to use scalpels, Saws, Bandages and more have significantly added to my immersion. A hologram shows up when I use squad chat, With a hologram of my Brigadier. This is very good RP Wise during events when Medical Corps requires Clear and concise communication as it adds another level to my immersion. PAC 3 has rekindled the fire that inspires me to play on this server every day, and for that reason I am heavily thankful for the opportunities the tool has given me. 

Tally:

For: 32

Against: 0

Medical Overview.jpeg

Edited by Kix
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Before this gets declined, thank you everyone for the overwhelming support on my application! I really appreciate it. Probably the only app I've got with only +1 & a few neutrals.

+1

Back soon----- In game name - Kix   Steam ID/link - STEAM_0:1:114042335   Play Time - Six Weeks, 5 days and a bunch of hours   Questions: 1. What have you crea

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Puppy said:

24 minutes ago, EpicEzale said:

1 hour ago, Jackson said:

2 hours ago, Spicer said:

+1

3 hours ago, pinejack said:
4 hours ago, Delta said:

5 hours ago, Puppy said:

4 hours ago, Emerald said:

4 hours ago, LePaul said:

3 hours ago, Spin said:

3 hours ago, Donsly said:

4 hours ago, Fox said:

4 hours ago, Spook said:

Thank You to everyone who commented, To those who left neutrals please inform me as to why you are on the fence so I may work towards making that a +1 ;)

Edited by Kix
  • Upvote 1

Can't edit my Neutral above, not sure why, but I'll expand on your question for feedback.

No one is going to argue that you have made some good PACs to help expand the role as a medic. You've created PACs that allow for others to interact with you in a more immersive RP fashion. What I don't see are any PACs that allow you to create RP for others. I'll compare this to Robinson's PAC tier2 application. He created a stun battalion and got Riot to train him. See how this allows the user to create RP for other regiments. If you have any of these, please provide as examples.

I know you are capable of handling tier2, but at this point in time, I haven't not had that many interactions with you, and the ones I have had, have left me with a Neutral opinion of yourself. I don't know whether or not you can be trusted with the powers that come with tier2. Unfortunately, there is no immediate fix for this. It will take time for me to know and trust you enough to have the responsibilities of PAC tier2.

32 minutes ago, LePaul said:

Can't edit my Neutral above, not sure why, but I'll expand on your question for feedback.

No one is going to argue that you have made some good PACs to help expand the role as a medic. You've created PACs that allow for others to interact with you in a more immersive RP fashion. What I don't see are any PACs that allow you to create RP for others. I'll compare this to Robinson's PAC tier2 application. He created a stun battalion and got Riot to train him. See how this allows the user to create RP for other regiments. If you have any of these, please provide as examples.

I know you are capable of handling tier2, but at this point in time, I haven't not had that many interactions with you, and the ones I have had, have left me with a Neutral opinion of yourself. I don't know whether or not you can be trusted with the powers that come with tier2. Unfortunately, there is no immediate fix for this. It will take time for me to know and trust you enough to have the responsibilities of PAC tier2.

Ah, I fully understand where you are coming from with this one. Thank you for taking the time to expand upon your verdict.

+1 top lad

HOWEVER, @Kix your PAC in tier 1 is overdone. We were discussing it in admin chat.

On another note, your pac contained weapons using CSS models which breaches the PAC rules. I suggest fixing this and clearing your PAC so it wasn’t so CPU intensive. 

If you weren’t such a lad it would be a Neutral :3

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Mauler said:

+1 top lad

HOWEVER, @Kix your PAC in tier 1 is overdone. We were discussing it in admin chat.

On another note, your pac contained weapons using CSS models which breaches the PAC rules. I suggest fixing this and clearing your PAC so it wasn’t so CPU intensive. 

If you weren’t such a lad it would be a Neutral :3

Cheers mauler, The reason for my pacs being so over the top recently was due to myself experimenting with pac and pushing it to it limits, in an attempt to better understand the tool. My current pac looks like this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1278829475

The Weapons have been approved by Ridge

Edited by Kix
10 minutes ago, Kix said:

Cheers mauler, The reason for my pacs being so over the top recently was due to myself experimenting with pac and pushing it to it limits, in an attempt to better understand the tool. My current pac looks like this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1278829475

The Weapons have been approved by Ridge

Just a question, isnt the visor thing and thing on your helmet made by ramirez?

2 minutes ago, Puppy said:

Just a question, isnt the visor thing and thing on your helmet made by ramirez?

Correct! Myself and ramirez did a little trade, My weapons for his visor.

Thank You for your question,

Edited by Kix
  • Like 1
  • Ridge locked this topic