Unban Appeal: Appo/BK

Steam Name: Appo | BK

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:46327903 (Appo) | STEAM_0:1:87643766 (BK)

In-game Name and Rank: Senior Crewman Brass of the Imperial Navy | Private BK of the Stormtrooper Corps

How long was the ban: 3 days (Appo) | Permanent Ban (BK)

Staff who banned you:  Moose.

When was the ban: Approximately 10:00 pm on the 18/01/2018 (day of writing this appeal).

Reason for ban: trolling ~ you should know better (Appo) | trolling after previous unban (BK)

Explain the situation: BK and I (a very close friend) were under different alias' in the Imperial Gaming Teamspeak and were wasting the support team's time in the the support channel (just making up random stories and stuff?). We did this twice for approximately 5-10 minutes each with different names both times.

We decided to stop as we felt there was no need to continue (as we had realised it wasn't that fun) and went back to what to playing on the server (BK went to play something else) seriously. We were banned by Moose through console when I was conducting naval duties in the control tower without alert.

Why I deserve to be unbanned: I believe I deserve to be unbanned (as well as BK) as what we were doing didn't warrant for an in-game ban and wasn't justified for such a punishment considering the only harm or damage we did was wasting Moose and Frank's time. I understand what we did was not 'funny' or productive and wasted staff's time and acknowledge that; however, I still don't understand why both of us were banned in-game and not on Teamspeak instead.

I hope you can consider our punishment as we now understand that something like this can call for judgement in this community (which we would not think would come - at most a kick. We will not undergo such actions or behaviour in the future.

~ Kind Regards,

Appo and BK

EDIT: Added Clarification

Edited by Appo

-NEUTRAL-

What you did was wrong.

No sugarcoating, it was a di*k move to waste the Support team's time. Considering they're the ones often dealing with other's crap. Doing this 'for your own enjoyment' is cruel and unjust. Especially after you've recovered from another recent ban.

However.

I do not feel as though a permanent ban is in order. Yet, I'm on the absolute edge of saying this. I personally feel you don't deserve a second chance. But, it's not my choice...

@Moose

1 minute ago, Demonic said:

-NEUTRAL-

What you did was wrong.

No sugarcoating, it was a di*k move to waste the Support team's time. Considering they're the ones often dealing with other's crap. Doing this 'for your own enjoyment' is cruel and unjust. Especially after you've recovered from another recent ban.

However.

I do not feel as though a permanent ban is in order. Yet, I'm on the absolute edge of saying this. I personally feel you don't deserve a second chance. But, it's not my choice...

@Moose

Let me clarify that BK was the one that was previously banned, I have not been banned before.

1 minute ago, Appo said:

Let me clarify that BK was the one that was previously banned, I have not been banned before.

Ahh, I see. My Neutral opinion still stands, yet I will change my response accordingly when I see the community's response.

Have a lovely day.

What is a 3 day permanent ban?

Why is Moose banning people?

He isn't staff...

Your an Asshole for trolling.

You're right, you should know better, and if you really knew that, maybe you might not have pissed off normal users literally VOLUNTEERING to help out others.

Arnt you Making add-ons for the server? Why in your right mind would you attempt to jeopardise the community like this??? What goes through your head when anyone does something like this when they have already gained so much respect in such little time? 

You don't deserve a perma ban, Why moose is console banning people when he is not staff is worrying, A 3 day or week ban is fine.

You got banned on the server because you tried to waste peoples who could have been helping people who needed help's time. You went out of your way to not only waste people's time, but you also hurt the community, THAT is why you were banned.

Give the bloke a 3 day ban.

• Thinking 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Dom said:

I think he means BK or him got a 3 Day Ban and the other got a perm one? Correct me if I am wrong.

I don't think he can make an app for two people.... If BK wants to get unmanned he can male his own app..

• Advisor
1 minute ago, Appo said:

True, but if my memory is correct you were close to receiving a temp ban as you were also involved last time he was caught trolling users on the TS, so this isn't a first time for either or you and as the ban reason states - "You should know better."

We appreciate the addons you have contributed to the server however you must understand that this kind of behaviour is not tolerated within the community whatsoever, and if can't control your immaturity you will be punished, and when people ask why you're not a developer - I guess this will shed a little bit of light on why you're not apart of the team, you can't control yourself and you need to prove your maturity. (Assuming if you were even interested in the position)

Your (Appo) ban will be reduced to a 12 hour ban which is lenient considering this is not the first time we've had problems with you trolling, and obviously if it happens again your punishment will be more severe.

----------------------------------------

As for BK, he has only very recently came off a permanent ban for trolling/shittalking the community and has shown complete lack of respect and maturity since being unbanned, just by looking at his content history you can see that he can't help but make troll posts on the forums for attention and loves to waste people's time.

Evidence 1: See this thread for you reporting a random video for 'Nudity' and when asked why you reported it decide to respond with some complete troll answer which is wasting the forum staff's time

Evidence 2: Posting on this ban appeal for no reason claiming that the user was banned for 'hacking', despite knowing nothing of the situation and blatantly breaking the ban appeal reply rules mentioned here.

Evidence 3: This post where you decide it will be funny to shitpost on a thread which is discussing actual features that regiments would like to see and new ideas that Appo had made.

Then obviously the situation with tonight where you decided it would be funny to sit in the community owner's waiting room and upon being dragged into the channel then yell into your mic like a complete idiot along with Appo, and then joining the support channels where Frank and I joined and you two claimed to have donated $200 to join Navy and that you hadn't received your ranks, before then claiming that you thought this was another community and were 'on the wrong Teamspeak server'.

See this pastebin for logs.

But it didn't just stop there, Frank got off and you rejoined with new names, this time claiming to be map developers who want to make an improved version of the current RishiMoon map with better optimization, I play along and say that you need to get permission from the map creator on the workshop, not us. You then say that you can get permission from him but you want to know if we would pay you for the edits to the map, I ask you to provide some kind of proof of your work and you link me to a German steam account who hadn't been online in ~12 hours, not to mention your IPs were pointing to Australia and France, so I ask for proof that it's your account, you send me picture of a photoshopped/element inspector added button of 'Edit profile' on the account, I say that I require ACTUAL proof, make the account private temporarily and I'll see for myself, at this point you then realise you're beat and say that you guys no longer want to work with us as you see potential problems in the future and disconnect from the Teamspeak, meanwhile I ask Ridge for server admin on the TS3 so I can check your IP's with the guys who were messing with Martibo/Frank earlier to see if it's the same people - and sure enough it was. I then give the IP's to Ridge and he runs them through the forums, where they lead to both your accounts.

See this pastebin for logs.

You (BK) will not be unbanned, you can reappeal the ban in 1 month and try get unbanned then.

---------------------------------------------

18 minutes ago, Fox said:

Why is Moose banning people?

He isn't staff...

The ban was on behalf of myself, Ridge & Martibo, it was labeled as my ban as I provided the evidence/dealt with the situation - I also think it would be beneficial in the future if you wouldn't just assume everything and would stick to your own business if you weren't involved, this has caused issues in the past where you have (intentionally or not) spread lies about certain situations because you decided to get involved with something you had nothing to do with - getting factual information is fine, spreading mis-information publicly because you don't understand a situation helps nobody and only creates problems.

19 minutes ago, Fox said:

You don't deserve a perma ban, Why moose is console banning people when he is not staff is worrying, A 3 day or week ban is fine.

You should pay more attention to the ban appeal in the future, it was a ban appeal written for two different users who acted together, Appo was given a 3 day ban and BK was (re)permanently banned for the continued trolling since being unbanned and his past.

I don't see how you can respond to a ban appeal which you have barely even read with something like "You don't deserve a perma ban" when you haven't even given a chance for both sides of the story to be put forward, as a staff member this should be a priority when dealing with he said-she said situations.

• Thinking 4
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Ridge locked this topic

So basically you were wasting support teams time?
Right let get started 

BK: You have wasted everyone's time enough.. My time was wasted last night because of your stupid report now you deiced to waste support teams time with you crap stories. I gave you a second chance and already you have ruined it. I thought you would change from your last ban or stop being a minge it seems I was sadly mistaken. 12 days after being unbanned and so far you have done nothing but cause trouble. Many reports under your name, you have wasted my time, Mooses time, supports team time ETC. Your actions have consequences. Also BK should make his own ban appeal and not have to get someone else to make one for him. You will be banned from TS for a week and you will stay banned on the server and moose stated before you can re-apply in 1 month. Also if you add staff and spam them on steam/website/or TS after your ban on TS you will be IP banned on the server (Community Banned). I would also suggest making your ban appeal yourself if anyone else makes it for you then it will be denied. 

Appo: Yes you should know better. You are a trusted member of the community. However your actions today have not shown how much of a good person you are. The behavior you have shown today is not tolerated on the server/team speak or any where. I hope in the next 12 hours you reflect on your actions today.

| Closed |

• Upvote 1
  • Advisor

After 2 staff members complained to me about me not understanding the situation, I have decided to go through the infornation again and have seen information I have missed, I am going to revoke changes to this ban, Appo you will go back to your 12 hour ban on the server and however long ban off teamspeak.

However BK your ban will be staying, moose has recently commented you can reapply back in 1 month which is the procedure however I am going to make it 3 months for you due to you have just come off your ban and from what I have been told and have seen from the information you have not changed at all.

• Upvote 4