Snowy

Weapon Damage Values V2

Once seeing Tackxo's Weapon Damage Sheet, i decided to share one that the RS/MT made. Noticing a major flaw, your sheet doesn't display the weapon DPS as guns fire at different rates. I also noticed a few damage values being inconstant between the two documents. E.g. You say the RT-97C does 35 damage, just checked ingame on multiple people at different range's, it does 24-26 (25 avg). Anyway, hope this sheet can help EM's and Caboose/Martibo manage weapon balancing. If you want a weapon added to the list just notify me/dane and we'll be happy to.

Totally a virus

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

jk, its the doc :)

Edited by Snowy
  • Upvote 2

Although Caboose said it was going to be changed to 35 and Martibo said he has changed it to 30 although still seem to be doing 25 dmg per shot though

Edit: talking bout RT-97C

Edited by Dane
Clarification

15 minutes ago, Tatsumaki said:

One question: How did you manage to calculate the rounds per second?

I imagine he/she would have estimated how many rounds the (put gun here)  can fire in a second and then multiplied that by the amount of rounds in a magazine and then divided it by the damage output/ammount of time it takes to empty the clip? That's just a wild guess from me. 

Edited by [IG] Tackxo
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tatsumaki said:

Fully auto for 6 seconds, clip it, watch and count. *10 for 60 seconds worth of shots and you have your rounds per minute.

39 minutes ago, Red said:

can we get a weapons damage value v3 going?

What would there be included on v3? :)

3 hours ago, Tatsumaki said:

Bullets in mag/Time to empty mag = Rounds per second

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Snowy said:

Bullets in mag/Time to empty mag = Rounds per second

44 minutes ago, Mauler said:

There are a few marginal errors in this. Will talk more soon.

These numbers are rough estimates as we were using stopwatches to time to empty mag etc, doubt it would be 100% accurate but gives a rough idea

Your calculations are flawed not taking into consideration other factors such as recoil, reload time or spread. In addition to that some player models have special damage modifiers on them idk how for example the Grand Inquisitor model takes extra damage.

"Your calculations are flawed not taking into consideration other factors such as recoil, reload time or spread."

Recoil and spread don't effect the potential dps. Typically the guns with the higher dps also tended to be the most accurate.

Reload time isn't particularly relevant as most non event chars will easily be killed in 1 mag worth of rounds.

"some player models have special damage modifiers on"

All values were gathered from shooting MT/RS. Any armour modifier is presumably going to be the same across each gun and effect each gun in the same way.

Calculations:
Mag size was recorded. Time to empty mag was recorded (stopwatch). (Mag size)/(Time to empty mag) = rounds per second. DMG value was recorded (avg).

(Rounds per second)(DMG)=DPS