Keta's Event Master Application

Steam Name: Keta

Do you have a microphone that you can use regularly? Yes

Steam ID:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/negrus99

In-game name and rank: Cato Loran, Navy Petty Officer

Time Played: 4w 0d 22hr

Why are you applying for this position?: Prior to my leaving the server a long time ago, (I can't even remember when), I was on the Event Team. I ran frequent events, not all fantastic, but I'd like to assume that my events were held in high regard. I left the Event Team on good terms, I explained that real life needed to come first, it was my last year of high school.

I'm applying because now I have enough time to commit to proper, well-thought events for the Server to enjoy.

How will allowing you to be apart of our staff team help us?: My experience in being an Event Master means that nobody will need to train me on how to properly conduct an event. I am very aware of the rules surrounding being an Event Master, I hope to show that, ignoring previous encounters with rule breaking, that I am ready to take up the mantle of Event Master once more. Allowing me to be apart of the staff team again will let the server experience nostalgia of old characters and plot-lines, whilst also experiencing new and exciting ideas. I hope to bring more passive RP to the table, as this is a Roleplay server, not an FPS game.

Have you been an Event Master on previous servers? If so please list them:
- Event Master - Imperial Gaming

Have you had any warnings, kicks or bans if so please list them:

- Rank Abuse

- Abusing Powers (This one however, I fought and won over, yet it wasn't removed)

What can you do to make events more enjoyable and attract more people?:

Previously, I have written campaigns that spanned a few days. It was always important that each event ran was different to the last. I am very creative with characters, plot twists and story-lines. A good event aims to please all aspects of the server, i.e, the troopers (ground forces), the Navy/Intelligence and the Sith (people with lightsabers.) Because of Lore, it isn't a good idea to have a Jedi in every event you do, this is easily fixed. I used "Melee Trained Mandalorians", with white lightsabers in place of vibroswords. Providing a fun roleplay experience for the Navy and ISB is a more difficult task. Not every event can have a prisoner that is interrogated. To avoid a boring event for ISB/Navy, it would be best to send them out on a separate mission than the ground troops, e.g, collecting datapads from fallen enemies, slicing into computers, etc.

The events I've seen are fine and fairly frequent, but I aim to bring more to the table.

Anything else you would like to add:

I understand I had a reputation for crashing the server a lot as an Event Master. At the time, everything was broken and there was frequent crashes, (we couldn't even use the TIEs).

What's in the past, is in the past, it shouldn't be a problem now.
Two different example events that you will do if you get accepted for the position of Event Master:

My Campaign (4 Events): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AQTkWU5-VPnXPY031GbQElHdzaKFHGtf0q-xoMyytIo/edit?usp=sharing

• Thinking 1
  • Advisor

During Ketas time as an EM he delivered well detailed, challenging events which usually had a cascading effect on other events he ran. He was noted for at times having events that caused crashes but anyone that was here from the beginning can remember how volatile the server was at times. Since returning he has been a valued member of Navy and been a positive influence on the junior ranks, Keta has continued the great RP that I remember him for in our earlier days. He has my unwavering support in his application to rejoin the Event Master team.

+1

3 hours ago, Whitey said:

During Ketas time as an EM he delivered well detailed, challenging events which usually had a cascading effect on other events he ran. He was noted for at times having events that caused crashes but anyone that was here from the beginning can remember how volatile the server was at times. Since returning he has been a valued member of Navy and been a positive influence on the junior ranks, Keta has continued the great RP that I remember him for in our earlier days. He has my unwavering support in his application to rejoin the Event Master team.

+1

Said it all, +1

• Upvote 1