Jump to content

Regiment Content Pt. 1


Recommended Posts

The only regiment that is able to see cloaked units on the server atm is DT. I remember one of the higher ups saying a while ago that DT is the only regiment that can do this. Also don't see the point giving it to regiments as I haven't seen a cloaked event in a while. If there is one, they're far and few. In terms of cloaking, I think it's already at a good point. Also, thermal through walls already sounds too OP. Might be good for event characters to hold certain points, but even then it devalues cloaking by quite a bit and whether or not it would be considered by an EM to give to event characters is a stretch. They're good ideas, I just don't think they're needed atm.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Admonish said:

Pretty sure you don't need an addon for that..

As in there is a computer, we walk up and press e on it.

Then we choose what vehicle

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bosterflaming said:

appo if think it should more or less go to people who would actually use it properly and not people who could find another way to metagame against cloaks cause giving it to every one would make cloak redundant and there fore make thermal vision pointless cause everyone has it and not one or two regiments and no one would use cloak because people will find you no matter what have thermal vision and wont be able to stay hidden

You should read the OP, never implied it should be given access to everyone as only specialised stormtrooper helmets were fitted with this type of technology. I still agree with you on only few groups on the server receiving the thermal vision.

OP for reference:

13 hours ago, Appo said:

I personally think that the thermal vision should be given to ARC and even Shadow or DT (potentially? what are your thoughts) whereas the cloak should be for Shadow Troopers (and potentially some other characters).

1 hour ago, LePaul said:

The only regiment that is able to see cloaked units on the server atm is DT. I remember one of the higher ups saying a while ago that DT is the only regiment that can do this. Also don't see the point giving it to regiments as I haven't seen a cloaked event in a while. If there is one, they're far and few. In terms of cloaking, I think it's already at a good point. Also, thermal through walls already sounds too OP. Might be good for event characters to hold certain points, but even then it devalues cloaking by quite a bit and whether or not it would be considered by an EM to give to event characters is a stretch. They're good ideas, I just don't think they're needed atm.

The thermal through walls is an easy adjustment the manager can make (its a simple true or false statement) if that's going to be a problem.

Edited by Appo
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kix said:

Would you be able to make an add-on that allows pilots to spawn ships without staff? Similar to fades

Can't tell if this is a joke?

This will never and I mean NEVER be added.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Kumo said:

Can't tell if this is a joke?

This will never and I mean NEVER be added.

Would take pressure off staff, Make it quicker for us. You cannot just spawn in any ship, DIfferent ranks have access to different ships and there would be a cool down.

So what is the issue?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great work Appo, the thermal  detection/vision swep could become very useful to regiments who had this in lore (IE - Death Troopers). As of now Sith and DT have to use the context menu to find cloaked individuals which can be extremely annoying to use and some consider to be Fail RP, adding a SWEP would assist these regiments so much and enhance the level of RP.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BK007 said:

can you like add an addon where a storm trooper types !superadmin and they get superadmin for 3 seconds. would  be useful for banning hackers

No just no what if a minge knew about this and hell will break loose just no. This can't be a thing and banning people from ULX takes about a minute cause you need their SteamID and reason as well as the time of how long of the ban. Just no 

Edited by Jackson
  • Thinking 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Jackson said:

No just no what if a minge knew about this and hell will break loose just no. This can't be a thing and banning people from ULX takes about a minute cause you need their SteamID and reason as well as the time of how long of the ban. Just no 

He was joking...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Whitey locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...