Regiment Content Pt. 1

I present "Thermal Vision" and the "Cloaking Device" as new SWEPs I developed today.

Thermal Vision:
Allows you to see heat signatures through walls and in the area (NPCs and Players). Can be toggled with the SWEP.

Cloaking Device:
Generates a cloaking field around the user. Lasts for 45 seconds and provides medium-cloaking when moving and maximum when stationary. Weapons are not cloaked and when you are damaged, your cloak reveals the user slightly (NPCs do not target cloaked personnel).

(Ignore the errors in the videos, they're from other addons in my singleplayer)

I personally think that the thermal vision should be given to ARC and even Shadow or DT (potentially? what are your thoughts) whereas the cloak should be for Shadow Troopers (and potentially some other characters). The Thermal Vision is not as OP as you would think as lots of your vision is obscured + targets at long distances become blurred and extremely faint.

I'll discuss getting this added after it is decided who receives these SWEPs.

Edited by Appo
  • Upvote 9
9 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

Appo i love you.

ALSO how don't you have the developer tag yet? Are they paying you? They better be.

No homo

Don't really want one or need one. I'm doing this voluntarily, that means the content isn't specifically reserved for Imperial Gaming's use only; however, I generally make it for you guys.

Edited by Appo

godsend

Nice addons my guy

Prepare to go far within the community.

Does the thermal vision allow you to see invisible players?

Edited by Fox
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Splonter said:

I love it! Please give this Thermal thingo to Rancor/ARC! <3

I reckon it should be added, with a bit of nerfing though so you can't see people from so far.

2 minutes ago, Kumo said:

I reckon it should be added, with a bit of nerfing though so you can't see people from so far.

Yeah I agree, Add like a max distance till they disappear or its basically wall hacks haha

EDIT: Also it would be great if you could use it when people are cloaked to see cloaked people.

Edited by Splonter

As a shadow talking, the time limit on the cloak is already beaten by the current cloak we already have which doesnt have one. Its more of piece that event characters should have ddue to the fact that people already shoot cloaked individuals without even thinking OH that could a friendly instead they just fire and say sorry afterwards. at least with a time limit andd the fact that when shot it reveals them slightly it would greatly help that situation

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Splonter said:

Yeah I agree, Add like a max distance till they disappear or its basically wall hacks haha

EDIT: Also it would be great if you could use it when people are cloaked to see cloaked people.

Currently if you walk away from the thermal targets, their 'thermal' reading just completely blurs out to the point where you can't differentiate between ally, foe or NPC (you can barely tell if there is anyone there besides a faint blur of light). If anyone really wants to have a test, you can jump onto my single player with me and test it out (it has a very small download requirement so it is a very light addon).

Edited by Appo
  • Upvote 2

0b561c807d.jpg

Just to show that the thermal vision isn't as OP as you would think. There's around 10 'thermal' signatures in this picture at the platform in front. They are close to being invisible and it is almost impossible to tell who or what they are in thermal view (distance is 4 lambda shuttles away so it's a good amount). In fact, you can see most of them perfectly fine without thermal vision, being wall hacks or too overpowered shouldn't be much of a problem.

Also regarding the cloak, its intention is to provide a balanced but effective tool for troopers to use. I understand how the current cloak has a cool material and with fancy sound effects but that's not the point. You're close to completely invisible with an infinite lasting cloak where it is impossible to differentiate who or what you're shooting (like previously mentioned). That's not very fun in an event... plus, the cloak has no required download, it's all lua with no extra materials or sounds.

Edited by Appo
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

appo if think it should more or less go to people who would actually use it properly and not people who could find another way to metagame against cloaks cause giving it to every one would make cloak redundant and there fore make thermal vision pointless cause everyone has it and not one or two regiments and no one would use cloak because people will find you no matter what have thermal vision and wont be able to stay hidden

Edited by bosterflaming
  • Whitey locked this topic