JT Jetpacks

Earlier today, during an event, the JT was denied the use of specific jetpacks that the regiment was trained to use. Instead, the JT was given jetpacks foreign to us. The staff told us that the jetpacks we had been using were abusive and that the JT is not allowed to use them anymore. I knew that this change was going to happen sooner or later, however, my troopers did not. They were frustrated that we had to learn a new style of JT. My troopers complained but nothing more than that. The staff team, however, acted immaturely and hypocritical. After dying many times from the onslaught of rebels and inexperience with the new jetpacks the staff team denied us anymore resupplies of jetpacks. This only enraged my troopers more. I tried to calm them down by giving them orders to snipe from the top of C block. During this time an unknown EM/Staff Member dropped a meteor on us and only on us even after all enemy ships were taken down. This made my troopers much angrier. I ordered them to stand guard in C Block and during this time a Staff Member came up to one of my troopers and made fun of the fact that we didn't have jetpacks. My trooper muted them so he didn't get angrier. During debrief, a Staff Member was practically bullying my regiment, however, some of it was understandable. There was falt on both sides. I am typing this post to make sure something like this doesn't happen again. I thought up ways that could make a compromise between the JT and the staff team. 

Compromise One

Adding the Jetpack to the JT inventory and adding a small buff.

Compromise Two

Adding a separate jetpack from the workshop.

My logic in this is that the Jump Troopers are usually depicted as hovering over the ground or flying around buildings in older SW games.  

Thank you for taking your time reading my post.

Rambo.

Edited by Rambo
  • Upvote 3

Don’t take this the wrong way, but having 6 jump troopers in the sky constantly caused frames to go to shit for everyone else in the event earlier. For that reason, I don’t think you should have jet packs in your inventory outside of training and sometimes events because it doesn’t seem that you understand the effects of the jet packs on others.

Also the jet pack that’s currently on the server is the only decent one on the workshop.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Stevo. said:

Don’t take this the wrong way, but having 6 jump troopers in the sky constantly caused frames to go to shit for everyone else in the event earlier. For that reason, I don’t think you should have jet packs in your inventory outside of training and sometimes events because it doesn’t seem that you understand the effects of the jet packs on others.

Also the jet pack that’s currently on the server is the only decent one on the workshop.

There are two jetpacks on the server. Ones more like a boost pack while the other is like iron man flying. The JPs that can be put in our inventory do not cause much lag nor can they be used infinitely. 

I understand it causes lag and I've tried to limit the way JTs use the JPs, however, we still get complaints.  

If I’m thinking about the right event as you, then I was then one who dropped a Y-Wing bomb on your squadron (ontop of the c-block building right next to the tower).  

As for the jet packs I can understand how you and your regiment members feel about not receiving the ones they are meant to have. I must say though that those jet packs do cause a lot of lag, especially if we are running at peak players. I think the other jet pack version will be much more suitable.

36 minutes ago, Ling Ling said:

If I’m thinking about the right event as you, then I was then one who dropped a Y-Wing bomb on your squadron (ontop of the c-block building right next to the tower).  

As for the jet packs I can understand how you and your regiment members feel about not receiving the ones they are meant to have. I must say though that those jet packs do cause a lot of lag, especially if we are running at peak players. I think the other jet pack version will be much more suitable.

Agreed

If you are used to the entity pack, then that pack is extremely loud and laggy.

The weapon jet pack is the best on the workshop and unless you think you can make a better one or got someone else to make a better one, go ahead. The reason you don’t receive jet packs in many events is because we reach peak players during those events. As you can probably notice, there isn’t as many ships for pilots either and if there is, it is mainly for transportation and increases lag in itself. The only fault on the staff side is the bullying abd maybe the fact that they didn’t tell you. 

1 hour ago, |Stryker| said:

I don't know how much I can say but this issue is being address and all I can say is give it a bit of time to get implemented.
Lots of code to go over and make sure there's no problems.

Rambo has developed and owned several servers ranging from TTT, DRP, and SWRP. If you want a new swep Rambo is qualified and he knows optimization very well. However, I believe that what is the "lag" is the smoke comming out of the jetpack which can be easily removed. Again Rambo can do this himself if needed.

Edited by Master
  • Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, Master said:

Rambo has developed and owned several servers ranging from TTT, DRP, and SWRP. If you want a new swep Rambo is qualified and he knows optimization very well. However, I believe that what is the "lag" is the smoke comming out of the jetpack which can be easily removed. Again Rambo can do this himself if needed.

In my personal opinion I highly doubt Rambo would be any better then the 5 developers on the team, however he could easily prove us wrong by creating a lag free jetpack instead of posting this.

3 minutes ago, Kumo said:

In my personal opinion I highly doubt Rambo would be any better then the 5 developers on the team, however he could easily prove us wrong by creating a lag free jetpack instead of posting this.

He's working on it now. 

Okie dokie.

1 hour ago, Maffa146 said:

The pilots are having the same issue. You get what your given. If there are too many players on, accept that you cannot use jetpacks.  And with the SM bullying you, provide a name so staff can talk to him.

Couldn't agree more. Sometimes, you need to sit down, shut up, and do something else that's enjoyable.

You can't control the amount of players on at any given time. So I would recommend encouraging your troopers to be on at an earlier time. As that would allow the staff team to give you jet-packs without fear of excessive lag.

Back in the day, Jet-packs were a strict tool, used by only those that made sure no abuse was shown, the Jet-packs were used as a tool for traveling to the top of buildings, going over obstacles ect. Now, we have about 4-6 light-blue figures flying across the map. And sometimes that gets me a little mad, just my two cents.

4 minutes ago, draKe said:

Okie dokie.

Couldn't agree more. Sometimes, you need to sit down, shut up, and do something else that's enjoyable.

You can't control the amount of players on at any given time. So I would recommend encouraging your troopers to be on at an earlier time. As that would allow the staff team to give you jet-packs without fear of excessive lag.

Back in the day, Jet-packs were a strict tool, used by only those that made sure no abuse was shown, the Jet-packs were used as a tool for traveling to the top of buildings, going over obstacles ect. Now, we have about 4-6 light-blue figures flying across the map. And sometimes that gets me a little mad, just my two cents.

Ironic that you say that because Rambo and I are in California so when we wake up you are asleep. When we are playing there are usually 40 players or below and yet "staff" still refuse to give us jetpack.

When there were events with with 40 even 50 players and we were given the jetpacks (which is rare) the server is perfectly fine. No one is complaining no one is arguing. Then all of a sudden full server and there is an event on another planet. Everyone starts shooting all at once and there are tie fighters flying around. So people start to blame that "lag" on us even when we are not even using them, clearly the server can't  handle all that's going on at once so you blame it on us to make yourself feel better.

9 minutes ago, Master said:

Ironic that you say that because Rambo and I are in California so when we wake up you are asleep. When we are playing there are usually 40 players or below and yet "staff" still refuse to give us jetpack.

When there were events with with 40 even 50 players and we were given the jetpacks (which is rare) the server is perfectly fine. No one is complaining no one is arguing. Then all of a sudden full server and there is an event on another planet. Everyone starts shooting all at once and there are tie fighters flying around. So people start to blame that "lag" on us even when we are not even using them, clearly the server can't  handle all that's going on at once so you blame it on us to make yourself feel better.

Still, not every event you are allowed to use a Jet pack. Being an Acting-EM I don't allow Jet packs in my events because when/if you do, it'll ruin the event. Don't blame us that you decided to be Jump Troopers because you wanted to use Jet packs. Same with Pilots. Not all events Pilots can fly because 1) Maps too small and 2) It'll ruin the event, or that be annoying for the EM. 

1. Staff and Event Masters sometime tend to get really annoyed when you die and every 2 secs you see in admin chat "Jet Packs please".
2 I would recommend dying less in events because each time you die you lose your jet pack cause Staff and event masters to waster there time just to spawn jet packs in.
3. Crying about you not getting jet packs in OOC is not going to help your situation, EG last night 2 of your troops in OOC chat deiced to put #RIPJumptroopers or something.
4. Pilots have the same issue as you but with tie fighters. They do not complain and do not spam admin chat for ties every 2 secs. They also tend to stay alive longer the 5 seconds.
5. Jet packs can cause server lag and FPS drop which we try to avoid most times.
6. Clearly you like things done fast.. The dev team take time in things so your going to need to wait. Maybe this can be a test on how patient your troops can be.
7. You abuse the jet packs in events

It seems clear as well that all you do is complain about not getting jet packs and can not wait and or understand why you can't have them sometimes.

6 minutes ago, Master said:

When there were events with with 40 even 50 players and we were given the jetpacks (which is rare) the server is perfectly fine. No one is complaining no one is arguing.

If only you could see admin chat then you would be able to see how much we talk about jet packs and if you should use them or not

5 minutes ago, Master said:

clearly the server can't  handle all that's going on at once so you blame it on us to make yourself feel better.

The server can handle it but when there is 100+ shooting with props, ties, other things happing there is going to be lag and FPS drop and depending on the map as well and well the map is made.

Also i'm pretty sure one of your troops made a comment about how they get nothing on the server and how they look like normal ST's... I'm sorry but 1. you have different HP, 2. you have different weapons and 3. you have different models 
You should be lucky enough to have the things you have but instead of thinking on the positive side of things you look negatively and complain and cry and make it sound like the end of the world is going to happen.

Also master if you think you can do a better job at developing and making everyone happy on the server then how about you go dev jet packs that don't lag the server and then become staff and every jet pack and tie fighter question that comes up you can deal with it and then you can see what the dev team and staff and event master team has to deal with every day.

Thanks for reading
Little5avage

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, Master said:

First things first, accusing people of blaming the lag on you to make themselves feel better is not the way to go if you want support. If you want people to sympathise with you, don't go in this direction.

Second thing, people sometimes don't complain about regiments (or the things they have) because it can be seen as a sign of regimental disrespect, of which can lead to your regiment being disbanded. That being said, I'm not going to speak for others. All I can say is in the event yesterday people still complained, but very few people took their frustrations out into the chat. Just because you don't hear anything, doesn't mean there aren't complaints. The lag disappeared when we didn't have troopers jet-packing in the skies.

Third thing is what the others have said, you can't get the opportunity 24/7 to do what your regiment does. I would love for the engineers to accept Regret (Widow Squad Engineer) in engineer RP once every blue moon, but the engineers aren't happy with that, which is understandable. And I'm not going to hold that against them. The point is, you don't get to do your role 100% of the time. And that's fine. This means that's it's up to you to come up with another role or something else to do. Learn how to use climb SWEP as well as the jet packs, get on top of a peak or a high position, keep an eye on the surrounding area or provide sniper support. There, I just gave you two new things you can do in events.

Everything else Little/Maxine and everyone else explained

Please note: I wrote this whilst other replies were being made, so sorry if I cover stuff others brought up/talk out of turn.

Edited by Stevo.

Also another thing to add to my last post... How about that youtube video of you being minges... I don't trust you from all the minging and fail RP you did in the video and maybe you think twice before playing the victim and blaming others because now you have put this on yourself  

4 minutes ago, Little5avage said:

1. Staff and Event Masters sometime tend to get really annoyed when you die and every 2 secs you see in admin chat "Jet Packs please".
2 I would recommend dying less in events because each time you die you lose your jet pack cause Staff and event masters to waster there time just to spawn jet packs in.
3. Crying about you not getting jet packs in OOC is not going to help your situation, EG last night 2 of your troops in OOC chat deiced to put #RIPJumptroopers or something.
4. Pilots have the same issue as you but with tie fighters. They do not complain and do not spam admin chat for ties every 2 secs. They also tend to stay alive longer the 5 seconds.
5. Jet packs can cause server lag and FPS drop which we try to avoid most times.
6. Clearly you like things done fast.. The dev team take time in things so your going to need to wait. Maybe this can be a test on how patient your troops can be.
7. You abuse the jet packs in events

It seems clear as well that all you do is complain about not getting jet packs and can not wait and or understand why you can't have them sometimes.

If only you could see admin chat then you would be able to see how much we talk about jet packs and if you should use them or not

The server can handle it but when there is 100+ shooting with props, ties, other things happing there is going to be lag and FPS drop and depending on the map as well and well the map is made.

Also i'm pretty sure one of your troops made a comment about how they get nothing on the server and how they look like normal ST's... I'm sorry but 1. you have different HP, 2. you have different weapons and 3. you have different models 
You should be lucky enough to have the things you have but instead of thinking on the positive side of things you look negatively and complain and cry and make it sound like the end of the world is going to happen.

Also master if you think you can do a better job at developing and making everyone happy on the server then how about you go dev jet packs that don't lag the server and then become staff and every jet pack and tie fighter question that comes up you can deal with it and then you can see what the dev team and staff and event master team has to deal with every day.

Thanks for reading
Little5avage

1. That's why we ask to have it on out inventory. We hate having to ask for them every time we die. It not only bothers us but the staff also.

2. We are not used to using these jetpacks so it it difficult to control especially with the small 100 fuel we get. We are inexperienced using these jetpacks. If you care about us dying during events you should of just gave us the other jetpacks.

3. What is the defining characteristic of a Jump Trooper? The jetpack. We were not "crying" in ooc we we asking for someone to come to us so we can get then because staff rarely ever comes in the first place.

4.  Pilots fly massive fighters and massive grange vehicles such as the tank. The Jump Troopers are just players.

5. That can be easily fixed if your "5 devs" were working on it.

6. It took Rambo an hour to fix, I joined sandbox to test it out and I can say that it is much better.

7. There was no baseline to what "abuse" is, this was never explained to the commander nor to the troopers.

For the last thing you said regular jump troopers only have 100hp.

7 minutes ago, Stevo. said:

First things first, accusing people of blaming the lag on you to make themselves feel better is not the way to go if you want support. If you want people to sympathise with you, don't go in this direction.

Second thing, people sometimes don't complain about regiments (or the things they have) because it can be seen as a sign of regimental disrespect, of which can lead to your regiment being disbanded. That being said, I'm not going to speak for others. All I can say is in the event yesterday people still complained, but very few people took their frustrations out into the chat. Just because you don't hear anything, doesn't mean there aren't complaints. The lag disappeared when we didn't have troopers jet-packing in the skies.

Third thing is what the others have said, you can't get the opportunity 24/7 to do what your regiment does. I would love for the engineers to accept Regret (Widow Squad Engineer) in engineer RP once every blue moon, but the engineers aren't happy with that, which is understandable. And I'm not going to hold that against them. The point is, you don't get to do your role 100% of the time. And that's fine. This means that's it's up to you to come up with another role or something else to do. Learn how to use climb SWEP as well as the jet packs, get on top of a peak or a high position, keep an eye on the surrounding area or provide sniper support. There, I just gave you two new things you can do in events.

Everything else Little/Maxine and everyone else explained

Please note: I wrote this whilst other replies were being made, so sorry if I cover stuff others brought up/talk out of turn.

During events when people start to complain very much we try to limit ourselfs. Additionally even when we're are not using our jetpacks we still get yelled at in ooc.

8 minutes ago, Little5avage said:

Also another thing to add to my last post... How about that youtube video of you being minges... I don't trust you from all the minging and fail RP you did in the video and maybe you think twice before playing the victim and blaming others because now you have put this on yourself  

That was one of our privates that made that video I wasn't even on so you're clearly targeting me by saying I was doing that. I wasn't even on, nor was I in game nor was on in the call with them. Additionally the commander was watching from a far. If you wanna get on the topic of "minges" the in video the whole incinerator core was there even the commander. 

• Downvote 1
3 minutes ago, Master said:

4.  Pilots fly massive fighters and massive grange vehicles such as the tank. The Jump Troopers are just players.

The amount of lag that an object causes is not defined by its size. I'm going to provide some examples.

1. Incinerators are just players. They get VERY strict perms on their throwers because the creator of the SWEP stacked particles. Which is also something the Jet-pack does.

2. Now, this is going to get very technical, but think about it. Everything that happens in game is calculated by a mainframe or computer. Such as the way you turn. Now, the aggressive play-style that JT adopts today forces a lot of calculations to be made. Considering the amount of times your twisting and turning, now multiply that by 6 people and spread those randomly out, considering that such 6 people do not mimic the same movements. And you have a lot of strain put onto the server. Hence, why the old play-style allowed JT to have jet-packs more frequently.

39 minutes ago, Master said:

so you blame it on us to make yourself feel better.

I don't feel better, I feel worse that now you're not going to be able to get your jet-packs, because you've just shown the staff team how many impaitent, whiney people are in JT when they don't get their Jet-packs. Truly sad.

• Upvote 2

-1 for adding to inventory

A JT had one with no staff on the other day, presumably got in during an event. Minged the ENTIRE time until he killed himself jumping off the control tower

In rp hours

• Downvote 1
  • Whitey locked this topic