Splonter's Event Master Application

Steam Name:
Faithful

Do you have a microphone that you can use regularly?  
Yes, I have a Blue Snowball Microphone which I use regularly.

Steam ID:
STEAM_0:0:7371623

In-game name and rank:

SCAR Colonel Splonter

Previously:

(Rancor Battalion) Commander ARC-30 Arthur (Splonter)

Time Played:
4 Weeks, 1 Day and 22 Hours 

Why are you applying for this position?:
I'm applying for the position of Event Master for multiple reasons, The main reason I'm applying for this position is to increase the level of enjoyment for the players and the community as a whole by creating new, unique and fun events for everyone to experience as seeing other people happy and enjoying themselves is one of the best experiences you can hope for. Another reason i'm applying for this position is due to the growing requests for new Event Masters to the server as advertised after mostly every debrief held, Being in the community for around 5 solid months now I've been given the opportunity to help out people whether it is In-Character or Out Of Character whether they are new to the community or have been with the community for a vast amount of time I've always been willing to help out, Considering this I wish to explore new ways of helping the community such as the Event Master role which I'm applying for at this very moment.

How will allowing you to be apart of our staff team help us?:
If i'm accepted as an Event Master not only will you have an extra helping hand to help people out not only with creating and running events but pitching in and getting involved within the community by creating new and never before seen events which not only enhances everyone's role-playing experience but adds a sense of realism and involves more regiments relating to their skills and abilities. Whilst my activity will help out the staff team quite a bit, Being on and available basically everyday to help out and run events when asked or required whilst acknowledging what the server can and can't handle would be a incredible positive when running events so that they are running smoothly and effectively whilst also giving that sense that you are really in a Galaxy Far Far Away... My knowledge of the Star Wars universe is very broad coming from the Old Republic, To the Mandalorian War, To the Clone Wars, Imperial Empire whilst my knowledge of the expanded universe is also quite large, I can use my knowledge to my advantage during events to create a story-line not only for different characters but for the mission at hand relating to different eras.

My knowledge of ULX commands is also quite broad. Having over 3 years experience of learning ULX commands and having Event Master experience would be very beneficial towards the community and the overall role within the staff team. Not only would I be able to help and teach others from my past experience but I can use my overall knowledge to benefit events within the community. I'm also very experienced with public speaking as I've had both IRL and In-Game experience with public speaking with some being a major part of being a Commander which I am currently, Being a strong and confident public speaking is a vital part of being an EM when hosting briefings/debriefings and informing troopers as I can add a level of personality and character to how I portray myself to suit the needs of the players. Some other benefits that would also come with allowing me the opportunity to be apart of the staff team is my typing skills, Now some of you might be wondering "How could that help the staff team?" Well being fast at typing could have a lot of benefits as it allows me to react quicker to situation wether it's through setting up classes and models which helps the event be set up faster or responding in Comms to a situation that has happened to react quickly to it so I could get into other things in the event or wether something has gone wrong in the event where I'd have to type quickly either explaining the situation or telling someone to do something to help out in game. Which leads onto the next benefit of me being able to adapt to situation, I'm able to not only adapt but improvise in situation in case things don't go as expected which is a big possibility when hosting an event, Being able to improvise during events allows me to open a new solution to the problem and keep the event going so that it doesn't come to stop all of a sudden and also so I can open up new options that I overlooked in the planning phase so I add more details and more passive rp opportunities within the event.

Have you been an Event Master on previous servers? If so please list them:
G-Realms: Event Master (2 Months)

Phenomenal Nation: Event Master (4 Months)

Gateway Gaming: Junior Event Master (1 and a half months)

Have you had any warnings, kicks or bans if so please list them:
I have no kicks or bans, Unfortunately I do have 4 warnings all from my past which I've learnt from and have been regrettable mistakes.

10/16/17 Minge/Failrp: This was when I was arrested and I had to go AFK for a sec to do something, Unfortunatly I came back to myself being stuck in the middle of the doorway which I was warned for.

11/25/17 Abuse of powers in Event: I was playing as a Jedi saber wielder during an event I had my sound muted so I could listen to people talking on the server, During this I missed out the Event Master saying no force abilities allowed, Which I didn't hear due to my sound being muted, I used the saber throw during this which I was warned for.

10/22/17 Suicide to avoid arrest: I was AFK in the corner watching a video, For some reason a shock trooper private randomly came up to me and attempted to arrest me for no reason I questioned him and he didn't respond, so I decided to run away which he then used his taser on me for no reason, Which I stupidly thought under pressure to kill in console to avoid the arrest instead of call a staff member to sort it out.

12/16/17 RDM: This I take full responsibility for, It was late at night with around under 30 people on, I was having a bit of banter with a friend which I then killed him, A staff was watching and warned me, I understand I shouldn't have killed him as the rules still apply no matter how many people are on.

What can you do to make events more enjoyable and attract more people?:
My ideas to make events more enjoyable and attract more people is endless, I have various ideas to not only make events feel more realistic and fun but that can attract more attention to the server to make Imperial Gaming really stand out amongst the Garry's Mod communities. My events can not only test individuals and regiments with their physical capabilities but I can also make events to test their mental capabilities whether it be they have to answer riddles to pass onto the next stage as an events or give them a puzzle to solve the ideas are endless. Whilst I can make my events give the feel of survival, As there could be one where everyone is pinned down and must survive out a impending attack on their lives, Or something might've gone wrong in a mission leading to certain people or everyone being captured where they must devise a plan to escape or attempt to break out to get back to Imperial territory, Or even a trench warfare event where they must push the enemy back and capture their base. Like I said in one of the previous questions I can also bring in regiment specific jobs that relates to the regiments role and skills, Whether explosives might be needed, Or a stealth part which must be relied on by a cloaking unit, Or even just putting out a scouting unit at the start of an event It will give each regiment more purpose and would really show off what they do. Whilst I can also make more events relating to Passive RP where everything isn't guns blazing but you actually have to talk to different people to get information, torture them or even find another ally to assist you in your mission all of these ideas can lead to events being more enjoyable and would encourage people to get involved in events more. I'd also like to add little details and things to improve the overall experience of events as i've come to learn that the msall things matter, One of these would be to add music that suits the current environment as I find it hypes people up a lot and gives them a more immersive feeling into their surroundings and what is going on such as at the start of an event we might decide to all march to the next objective which I could put Jedi Temple March music over the top of that which would definitly improve the experience and would attract more people to get involved in the event.

Anything else you would like to add:
A little bit about me, I originally went by the name of "Splinter" but later changed my name to "Splonter" due to someone mispronouncing my name which I oddly stuck with, I joined the server around 10 months ago but left a week after but then came back around 5 months ago and stuck with the server, Since then I've been many roles some including (Not in order) Storm Commandos, Shadow Guard, Royal Guard, R4-B (MHC), And recently I was (Rancor Battalion) Commander ARC-30 "Blitz" and now currently a Colonel within SCAR named "Splonter" Which I've been for around a month now and I've been enjoying immensely. I've been around Garry's Mod for around 2-3 Years now with around 2,900 hours on it.

Two different example events that you will do if you get accepted for the position of Event Master:

Event 1:

Event 2:

Edited by Splonter
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

-1 found you to be very disrespectful and you quickly and easily get mad.

Sorry but have seen you be very rude to people and dont think you would suit the role as a EM   -1

As Red said, you have previously mean rather rude and disrespectful towards me and my fellow engineers, because of this -1. However, this is subject to change the more I get to interact with you.

As Red said, you have previously mean rather rude and disrespectful towards me and my fellow engineers, because of this -1. However, this is subject to change the more I get to interact with you.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Donsly said:

+1, detailed app, event ideas are good and with several months of previous experience as an EM on other servers I believe that you are fit for the role.

+1

Cheers all for your responses its greatly appreciated, I've spoken to @Seven about your feedback and I appreciate you talking to me and giving me your opinion and I hope I can change your mind, @Ben @Red Unfortunatly I've attempted to talk to you both but you seem to be ignoring me at the moment, I would greatly appreciate talking to you about your feedback.

+1 I have personally had nothing but great times with you when you were the first person to donate for the R4-B role and was my personal astromech ( Until  you left me ;-;) your roleplay was amazing and still is to this day.

Good luck my dude

• Like 1

+1 Splonter or as we all know him Blitz, is a great member of the IG community and would make a great EM as he is active and always engaging in RP/events so he could make/lead some good events for the server to play on and his event ideas sound like they would fit well and work out great for the community 

1 minute ago, Tuckerbox said:

+1 Splonter or as we all know him Blitz, is a great member of the IG community and would make a great EM as he is active and always engaging in RP/events so he could make/lead some good events for the server to play on and his event ideas sound like they would fit well and work out great for the community 

+1

17 hours ago, Tuckerbox said:

+1