Peguin's EM application

Steam Name: LS8888

Do you have a microphone that you can use regularly? Yes

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:1545775

In-game name and rank: Inquisitor Trainee Peguin

Time Played: 1 week, 3 days, 5 hours

Why are you applying for this position?: I am applying for this position because I'd like to help out the "ELITE" staff team as they work very hard to create an enjoyable event for everyone which isn't easy and I'd like to return the favour by giving a helping hand. I don't see much staff on at 7 - 9 am Brisbane time. I can be on at 8am Brisbane time and later on most days and at this time it’s outside of RP hours or so and I’d like to run mini events at around that time so people aren’t stuck at base or the Star destroyer bored waiting for something to happen. I know some people may not like or know me or even both, but this is a good opportunity to get to be more involved in the community and possibly make me more likable by others within the server. I know how hard the admins, moderators and EMs work and I feel like they need to catch a break and I believe I can help them out to make sure that things a run correctly in events and less stressful for the admins, moderators and EMs.

How will allowing you to be a part of our staff team help us?: I will give ideas to the EMs that are hosting the events. I'm applying for this position because I like to help people out. I like things running smoothly and I can help out with small things like people getting stuck in elevators and people getting the wrong lightsaber etc. I'm on every day so I can be an active EM and help out the server and community as much as I can. I usually join events so I always have to ask EMs, admins or moderators to set me back and give me a tool gun to get the correct lightsaber. If I was an EM I wouldn't have to do that and I wouldn't have to bug admins about it. Me being an EM I can help out the admins/moderators with things that may not relate to events like I've seen other EMs do in the past.

Have you been an Event Master on previous servers? If so please list them: I have never been an event master on any other Gmod server as Imperial Gaming is the only server I spend my Gmod time on or a private server to work on PAC designs. 

Have you had any warnings, kicks or bans if so please list them: 2, one for mic spam, one for 10-hour long video before the sign was up for only 15-minute videos. Both of these warns were given to me when I was very new to the server and haven't received a warning since.

Kicks: No kicks

Bans: No bans

What can you do to make events more enjoyable and attract more people?: I can give ideas to the EMs that people like and that are unique and interesting. Maybe give some insight to people in the server what the next event will be about and they might really enjoy it. I can also go around maybe asking some people what they’d like to see in future events and incorporate their ideas. The events I make will be passive and non-passive, on ship and off ship events to make it more interesting.

Anything else you would like to add: Nothing else to add except thank you for reading this far.

Two different example events that you will do if you get accepted for the position of Event Master: 

Example 1: (On ship event) From a different Star Destroyer from the outer rim there is a regiment that is the hardest and most well trained out of all.... When they arrive there will be a who can beat this regiment sort of thing with all the regiments competing against this (Redacted) regiment. All regiments on the ship will try and beat this (redacted) regiment. They will compete in Climb swep, shooting, formations etc. Whilst this is happening, two of the trooper from the (Redacted) regiment will infiltrate the main parts of the ship and try and self-destruct the Star Destroyer. After that, it has been discovered by the navy or ISB that they are highly trained rebels. They stole some ST armour from previous missions and have repaired and spray painted over the armour to look like an Imperial regiment that has been "forgotten or unnoticed" within the empire. When the Rebels have triggered the self-destruct the Imperial army will evacuate the ship with a DEFCON 1 being active. The Rebels will try and exit the ship loud and will shoot anyone on sight. The rebels will also try and escape so some the pilots will need to enter tie fighters and shoot them down. At this point, this is where the event ends and the map will be "changed" and debrief will commence on a "different" star destroyer.

(The troopers from that regiment will get 1500 HP each and will get e-11d's)

(The trooper's names will be "(Redacted) Number")

(There will also be a couple Jedi but they will be infiltrating the ship and trying to blow it up with the 2 other rebels)

Example 2: (On planet event, Rishi moon and off world event) An elite death squad is after either Octavian Grant’s, Director Krennic’s or Grand Moff Tarkin’s blood, literally. They want to clone them to secretly control the empire and take the AWR data without a notice. The death squad succeeds. This event will lead onto another. The death squad leaves with a sample of either one of the VIPs and leave to a different planet. On the continuing event which will be at the lab where they begin cloning, the Imperial army has to fight against any of the clones. The death squad will also be present at the lab fighting against the Imperials. The mission will be a success when all of the data of the DNA for the VIPS are destroyed and all the clones are destroyed.

(Clones get 1,500 HP each and will get tfa_dt29 or director Krennic’s pistol)

(5 members of the death squad)

(Each of the members of the death squad will get 2000 HP, a pulse cannon and E-11s)

(The Clones’ names will be Clone_Number)

(The death squad members’ names Death_Number)

(Event map:https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=106023110)

Edited by Peguin
changed a lot of words
  • Thinking 1

The first event is very Sith sided, and I imagine wouldn't be too engaging for most regiments. Troopers have always been allowed to engage saber wielders, it's just when they have a clear shot. I doubt the troopers would have a clear shot as all the Sith would just jump on the saber wielders, they're going to be easy to find on the SD. Events aren't very detailed, just a vague plot.

You can already tell the EMs about your ideas, and like @Kix said, it sounds like you want to be a moderator, or help the EM team, not be part of it.  

EDIT: IIRC Maxine is the only staff which is both a moderator and an acting event master, so you can't exactly wander around doing moderator sits.

Edited by Jellal
18 hours ago, Jellal said:

The first event is very Sith sided, and I imagine wouldn't be too engaging for most regiments. Troopers have always been allowed to engage saber wielders, it's just when they have a clear shot. I doubt the troopers would have a clear shot as all the Sith would just jump on the saber wielders, they're going to be easy to find on the SD. Events aren't very detailed, just a vague plot.

You can already tell the EMs about your ideas, and like @Kix said, it sounds like you want to be a moderator, or help the EM team, not be part of it.  

EDIT: IIRC Maxine is the only staff which is both a moderator and an acting event master, so you can't exactly wander around doing moderator sits.

You can't engage saber wielders at anytime no matter if you have a clear shot or not

11 minutes ago, Peguin said:

You can't engage saber wielders at anytime no matter if you have a clear shot or not

What about if you're getting attacked by a saber wielder? Troopers have always been allowed to if they have a clear shot. It's just that Sith/ event characters cannot jump then unless they go out of their way to harm them.

18 hours ago, Jellal said:

What about if you're getting attacked by a saber wielder? Troopers have always been allowed to if they have a clear shot. It's just that Sith/ event characters cannot jump then unless they go out of their way to harm them.

yes, when you are being attacked by a saber wielder the troopers are allowed to attacked back

First off, troopers can attack saber users, just as long as they aren't in a fight with another one. You can shoot them whenever if not in that situation.

Second off, EM aren't mods or admins. You either want to do sits and punish people or hold events (both of which can be equally annoying/tiring).

Third off, your first event just seems like another "Let's get guys who are going to hand our arse's to us on ship, again, and then we magically beat them out of nowhere". These events are not fun after the first 6000 times (not looking to have an argument here, just pointing out that the event sounds like all the others that currently happen too often). Your second event just seems like what currently happens on Rishi Moon, just with rebels instead of inventive characters put in their place.

reasons stated above.

and also to add to what @Stevo. and @Jellal said

Troopers can attack saber users IF they are not in a duel with another saber user, but if they do attack saber users who are not in a duel they run the risk of being killed.(Saber users cannot kill troopers unless troopers shoot them first).

Neutral

You have the right setup and a good start, however, you need to really plan your events more, for example, go into single player and pick a good map with no lag, good fps etc. Also a map with the right aspects you want for your event.

2 hours ago, Kix said:

Sounds like you want to be a moderator but made an EM application

^

Rule is that troops are not to shoot the jedi or what ever saber users. However if the event character who is a saber user attacks a trooper then for the safety of the troopers they can open fire on the jedi/saber user. 

I would also recommend changing your app because it sounds like you want to be a mod more then an event master. As an event master your job is to do events not help out the moderators. The only time you can use your powers to help is if Management team say you can or if you really desperately need to.

Thanks
Little5avage

• Upvote 1

Not sure about Jedi Mind dominating prophets. Prophets are usually the one's mind dominating others. Also, as little stated, troopers wouldn't be able to engage the Jedi nor prophets unless they are attacked first. -1, app needs work.

On 09/01/2018 at 10:45 AM, LePaul said:

Not sure about Jedi Mind dominating prophets. Prophets are usually the one's mind dominating others. Also, as little stated, troopers wouldn't be able to engage the Jedi nor prophets unless they are attacked first. -1, app needs work.

Neutral 

Pros:

- Good friend...

- Wants to help people when ever he can...

- Shows a lot of enthusiasm in his application...

Cons: 

- As others say, your app displays moderator like traits...

- Suggest getting more rep. in the community...