[Resolved] PAC: Lines coming off a person

Go to solution Solved by LePaul,

Question

Alright, so I have made a post about this a while back but without any resolution.

I have worked out that when someone bone merges a model on a server, it makes lines coming off the person like this rp_stardestroyer_ig_v10000.thumb.jpg.85cc5a28cb8236e30396290bdae5659f.jpg

This can be very annoying when trying to see someone or talk to someone and the only thing you see are lines coming off their model.

For some reason, this only happens on actual servers, but in single player, it doesn't.

Just wondering if there is any fix for this or if it is a permanent problem.

Twinkie

• Upvote 1

I used to get this issue on my old computer, never actually finding the fix. 

Although I did find out that this occurs when someone hides mesh of a model. Hope this could help.

Edited by Admonish
5 hours ago, Twinkie said:

Just curious, do you bone merge any models with your day to day pac?

I dont bone merge as it does cause issues when clipping and boning

I clip and bone the models i want and individually bone it and place them where i want

this does take more time but everything works better.

2 minutes ago, Fox said:

I dont bone merge as it does cause issues when clipping and boning

I clip and bone the models i want and individually bone it and place them where i want

this does take more time but everything works better.

Hence the lack of lines coming off your model :D 

7 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

Hence the lack of lines coming off your model :D 

I dont know, If in Kendrick's case, if the problem is bone merging.

The cape he has has different bones and is not at all just one singular object, hence, if it was bone merged, i dont know if it would work.

Then again, that might be the issue... Maybe the cape at the backs bones do not bone merge correctly with his model?

2 minutes ago, Fox said:

I dont know, If in Kendrick's case, if the problem is bone merging.

The cape he has has different bones and is not at all just one singular object, hence, if it was bone merged, i dont know if it would work.

Then again, that might be the issue... Maybe the cape at the backs bones do not bone merge correctly with his model?

From what I have seen from small tests on different servers, the main problem is bone merging. From what I can tell I haven't seen any other type of attachment to the body use that causes the problem. The armour plating on Navy/ISB causes the problem too, although haven't seen the edits needed for it to be on the chest/body/etc

Just now, Twinkie said:

From what I have seen from small tests on different servers, the main problem is bone merging. From what I can tell I haven't seen any other type of attachment to the body use that causes the problem. The armour plating on Navy/ISB causes the problem too, although haven't seen the edits needed for it to be on the chest/body/etc

I think it may be due to invalid bones and other bones not merging well together as they dont register with the same name or dont identify as the same bone. Although, the issue could just be a glitch with pac3. hopefully it gets resolved if it is.

1 minute ago, Fox said:

I think it may be due to invalid bones and other bones not merging well together as they dont register with the same name or dont identify as the same bone. Although, the issue could just be a glitch with pac3. hopefully it gets resolved if it is.

After a chat with LePaul, he told me that it's due to players shrinking their bones to 0 and the bone is placed somewhere on the map and it flowing to that point. 

@LePaulthanks for the help.