I cannot connect to Imperial Gaming

Question

Dear Support Team Member,

I booted up GMod on boxing day (26/12/17), connected to Imperial Gaming and immediately crashed as soon as I loaded in.  A few days later after trying to fix the issue I managed to get it to freeze instead of crashing. It loads until it hits 'sending client info' then I hear some sounds from in-game and it just goes silent. Then it sits there frozen. I've left it to load for over six hours and it hasn't loaded in, I've updated my drivers, I've removed about two hundred gigs of games and I've re-installed and un-installed TF2 and it seems that game is irrelevant to the issue. I've gone through all my addons, re-enabled them one by one and they all check out. I've reinstalled the game onto a completely fresh drive which I've never used for games before. I've verified the game cache on GMod. I've even reinstalled all my source games and revalidated their files. I've not tried everything, but it damn sure feels like it. I'm at the point where I'm honestly not sure if I can ever play on IG again simply due to the fact that I can't connect to the server. It's been about eight days since this issue started and I'd dearly appreciate any help you can offer. My in-game rank is Corporal of Nova Trooper and Tatsu has hinted that he might have to kick me off the roster if this issue keeps up, so if this issue can somehow be fixed sooner rather than later that would be appreciated. However, beggars can't be choosers and I'm willing to accept any help no matter how long it takes for this issue to be solved.  

Regards, Nevada.

8 answers to this question

I understand there's about 90% chance you've tried this, but REMOVE all your addons, don't just disable. Look on youtube for a quick guide to mass unsubscribe.

Next, boot up gmod and put this in your console: menu_cleanupgmas
This command removes the content of all addons you are not currently subscribed to. After using this command, reboot your game and re-download the content.

If this doesn't work, I'm not sure.

EDIT: If this doesn't work, just reply, I have already thought of another way that might help.
 oh crap i just saw this was for the support team, i don't really look where things are when they're posted, sorry, was just trying to help.

Edited by Jellal
Guest Excalibur

Might seem silly and you might have already done this,

Try joining with no addons at all, if it works, slowly re add the addons, stopping if/when you experience the crashes again. That way, if it is an addon causing the issue, you'll be able to isolate it and remove it.

Hey, if your client is crashing then it'll be generating crash logs in your Garry's Mod directory.

Navigate to your steam folder and find garry's mod. You can do this either by right clicking on the game in your steam library -> local files -> browse local files or navigating to 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod  [//] C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod 

Find the latest file and upload it and chuck me the link and I'd be happy to take a look at it for you.

Edited by Jerta
format

I'm still in the process of sorting through my addons and eliminating the broken ones, so whenever I find them all I'll let you know. I don't know what I can actually do to fix the issue permanently other than to not use some of the content.

Edit: Wow... I just realised I'd subscribed to the old content pack. I was wondering why it said 'N/A'... I've subbed to the new up to date pack and I'll see if that fixes anything.

Edited by Nevada
1 hour ago, Nevada said:

I'm still in the process of sorting through my addons and eliminating the broken ones, so whenever I find them all I'll let you know. I don't know what I can actually do to fix the issue permanently other than to not use some of the content.

Edit: Wow... I just realised I'd subscribed to the old content pack. I was wondering why it said 'N/A'... I've subbed to the new up to date pack and I'll see if that fixes anything.

Jump on teamspeak if you need any help.