Sign in to follow this  
Martibo

Help me make a new Map (Ideas)

So basically I have the skills to make a new map, but I lack the necessary imagination and or time to research and make something. I want to make an imperial base preferably not a ship. Preferably create a google document if you want to help and post screenshots of the planets surface etc and some backstory as to what the planet is so I know what I can make. If you contribute you'll be put on the contributors list on the workshop.

No I am not being paid to make this map so if anyone wants to pitch in and help make textures or any other part of the map I'd be more than happy to allow you to do so.

• Upvote 2

Eadu Base 
Image result for eadu base

A rugged, mountainousplanet located in the Eadu system of the Outer Rim Territories' Bheriz sector, Eadu was a remote, blue-hued world shrouded in gloomy rainstorms, wind, and lightning strikes. The planet's cloud cover was so thick that it appeared to be a night world even in daytime, and clouds mired visibility while gales battered any starships attempting to reach the surface. It comprised difficult, rainswept terrain which afforded the planet natural defenses, although the southern hemisphere also contained an Eaduan village cluster populated by nerf herders. The ground was uneven and was made up of jagged rock formations, broad mesas, black stone ridges, and narrow spires. The rocky canyons bottomed out in dozens of writhing streambeds. The planet's rain had the smell of fecund soil with an undertone of acrid stink.

Good References

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Eadu 
Screenshots from the Rogue one Movie
the 15 minute long sequence of the outside area of Eadu base.
Not much is known about the interior but it atleast housed a garrison and also had a cargo shuttle bay that was quite large.

I believe someone tried to make this base but they didn't base it off the actual movie footage very well and it didn't function great either.

Edited by |Stryker|
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Could possibly make your own adaption of Scariff with the Imperial Citadel Tower with an interior area which would be the Citadel and an exterior featuring the shores of Scariff and possibly even a small shield generator bunker somewhere like the one featured in the battle of Endor in Star Wars VI: Return of the Jedi  or a shield gate outside the planet's atmosphere that could be seen from the planet's surface. I may make a google doc to elaborate on this a little further.

Edited by TheSSlothhh

Sullust

Sullust is a barren, obsidian filled world with lava streams and turquoise lakes. located in the Sullust sector of the Outer Rim territories. Sullust was an open world/homeland to the species Sullustans, (Nien Numb Looking Blokes) which was taken over by the imperial army. The native animals that are known to live on Sallust lay down to rest mainly underground due to the planet being Mid-Highly Toxicated. The planet eventually came under the jurisdiction of the Galactic Empire following the proclamation of the New Order, and was reduced to vassal status and a source of fuel for the Imperial Military, becoming an essential mining and manufacturing center for the Empire.

Excellent place to get a good glimpse of the planet Sullust below.

The Planet would be essential for events and just as a second imperial factory for the server's needs for RP only purposes.

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/planets/sullust

Images

Image result for sullust

Image result for sullust

Related image

Image result for sullust surface

Image result for sullust water

• Upvote 1

I like all of those ideas, I think I might want to do Eadu. If someone wants to source reference pictures for me and more backstory I think it would be alot of fun for me to make.

Make the Lothal Map that Myself Keta and gusky spent hours coming up with art for. 

I even have the texture for the lothal buildings which has been already made. 

Edited by Kingsbury

31 minutes ago, Kingsbury said:

Make the Lothal Map that Myself Keta and gusky spent hours coming up with art for. 

I even have the texture for the lothal buildings which has been already made. 

jump in ts

32 minutes ago, Martibo said:

If anyone has reference pictures for Eadu or information about it send it to me please

Reference photos, The inside of the base is a mystery however it 100% contains these things 
1. Garrison housing aka a bunch of bunks and stuff for regiments
2. Multiple Control decks 
3. A power Reactor deep in the mountain
4. Engineering Service areas (under the landing pad and probably throughout the entire facility
5. A large landing pad connected via underground transport systems.
6. Tie Fighter hanger inside the wall somewhere off to the right of the first image, Probably could house a couple shuttles aswell (basically MH1 but a little bigger)

And then since its Gmod probably everything else everyone wants like Debrief, Brig, Medical Bay and a few large rooms for things like ISB and Sith. 
Images Below

Spoiler

Good View of the Front of main entrance to the base , The base was located about half way half a cliff face, with a giant service ladder located under the landing pad against the rock wall all the way down to the bottom.Image result for eadu base

Eadu's Terrain

Image result

The Cargo shuttle bay located I believe it was in the valley Next to the base itself and they were connected via underground transport systems.
 Image result
The best screen shot I could find of the actual entrance on the landing pad. In the movie you see alot more so you should probably try and find the Eadu base scenes.

Image result for eadu base entrance

Edited by |Stryker|

1 hour ago, Whitey said:

@Martibo - Knocked this together with most of the information from Eadu + Screenshots and assumptions of landscape:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/15dwfhixqN1iVGGFNnqhmW5VrUcNzEGcDn-OlPffZoHc/edit?usp=sharing

Tarkin just wants this commissioned so he can tell even more people what to do, seeing as he does own the place.

On a less memey note, that looks good whitey.

I'm pretty sure I have all my designs of when the server was going to make that huge map, I can give ya those if you need ideas.

+1 for Eadu

could be a great map for events

something new

however, if Eadu doesn't work or is too difficult I would go for Lothal 

Edited by Haz