Owl

New Donation Options

Hello, i don't think most of you know me but I'm NG Trainee Owl. I want to donate and help the server but I also wanna get something and the droids just don't seem that interesting to me. May I suggest a donation from a different server I used to play on where you can donate $70-100 USD or 91.37-130.60 AUD for a custom battalion which are both the same prices in a price converter, Of course their will be restrictions the battalion has to have some sort of lore aspect to it and has to be approved by Owners/Admin or a refund will be made if not seen a suitable battalion by the Owners/Admins. Instead of a custom battalion you could have a Pre-Battalion by the admins, and in order to get a battalion you have to meet some requirements set by admins, maybe a certain amount of play time,warns, or even kicks/bans. Another idea is to pay like $40 USD or 52.42 AUD for a Sub-Battalion like say you're a Medic and you want to be a special type of medic so what you would do is ask you Co if you can donate for a Sub-Battalion and if the admins and your CO are cool beans with it then you can donate for a Sub-Battalion for instance on my previous server the Medics had a Sub-battalion called Para-Troopers and they had a designated leader. Instead of all this expensive and wild stuff how about simple things like instead of donating 25 AUD for ONE droid how about a Silver,Gold, and Platinum packages that all come with different things like Silver=Mouse Droid,Astromech Droid,MINOR VERY MINOR/LIMITED Bounty Hunter and a silver donator tag in chat and more little things, Gold= Silver + Hk series droid,Gold donator tag in chat,2 Minor Bounty Hunters like Greedo or Bossk and more little things, Platinum=Gold+Silver,Kx series droid special weapon skins(MAYBE), Boba Fett and Bossk. Of course you can easily add on to these packages if you want...OOOOOH I JUST THOUGHT ABOUT THIS MAYBE EVEN MAKE CERTAIN SITH LORD AVAILABLE IF THEY ARE NOT ALREADY. i know you can but Jump Trooper Commander right now but when I say Premade battalion I mean battalion that have never has a CO and are new or like Jump Troopers their CO has either been inactive or just banned etc.

~Sincerely, NG Trainee Owl

Edited by Owl
  • Upvote 1

Hello Owl,

There always has been the possibility of donating for a regiment that is custom-made to your requirements and desires - whether that costs more than the standard AUD$65 to become a Commander of a pre-existing regiment, I do not know. Many regiments have been created in the past thanks to this, a prime example being the Rescue Troopers.

However, many regiments that are not lore-friendly, underused or simply unnecessary to benefiting the roleplay of our server are being removed in the coming month or so. This means that during this time, no more custom regiments will be allowed to be made and custom regiments will most likely be restricted to individuals who are trusted and have a solid idea of what their regiment is meant to be and how their regiment will impact roleplay. The Fallen Order is a prime example of a regiment that was made purely because money was put towards the server - there was no lore aspect nor outstanding features that this regiment possessed, which lead to it being an unpopular regiment and is now on the list to be removed.

Furthermore, Sith Lords are no longer a donatable regiment due to the Management Team's decision to enforce the time period that the server is set in, which is a few years before the main events of Rogue One. At this point in the time, only two Sith Lords exist - Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine, so only those Lords may be played. This has been the case for many months now.

I do like the idea of donor tags being added in the chatbox as well as a weapon skins package, but packages containing multiple jobs (in my opinion) will be hard to set up and could be easily exploited in many ways.

I do see some potential in the ideas you have conceptualised here, but it is ultimately up to the Management Team to decide what is available for donation. You can always put in a support ticket either on the forums or in the donation store and ask for a custom regiment or donation package to be added and you can see what comes from that. 

Edited by Chef

2 hours ago, Chef said:

There always has been the possibility of donating for a regiment that is custom-made to your requirements and desires

Didnt that stop? I remember someone saying no more custom regiments are being handed out. @Chef

13 minutes ago, Wombatiacus said:

Didnt that stop? I remember someone saying no more custom regiments are being handed out. @Chef

2 hours ago, Chef said:

However, many regiments that are not lore-friendly, underused or simply unnecessary to benefiting the roleplay of our server are being removed in the coming month or so. This means that during this time, no more custom regiments will be allowed to be made and custom regiments will most likely be restricted to individuals who are trusted and have a solid idea of what their regiment is meant to be and how their regiment will impact roleplay.

Most of the things you've said are already implemented/have been implemented and removed. I like the idea of the tiers but it just wouldn't work because of the way we have our job system setup. In terms of the Donator tag in chat personally I don't like the idea because first of all it would ruin the simple/minimalistic hud and break peoples "immersion" when looking at the chat box. If you want to see if someone is a donator use the scoreboard. I would also like to mention that if you have ideas for custom jobs such as a custom droid and or bounty hunter or just another role that could be implemented message caboose or myself and we will talk about the possibility of it being implemented in as a donator job.

4 hours ago, Chef said:

At this point in the time, only two Sith Lords exist - Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine, so only those Lords may be played.

@Moose called, Revan disagrees.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, goliath said:

@Moose called, Revan disagrees.

I meant in canon, and I personally doubt anybody would be able to obtain Revan again if Moose were to step down. Good meme though ;)

Edited by Chef

1 - You can already donate for custom regiments however not at the moment for the reasons chef stated.

2 - Sub Batallions would rarely be added however exceptions could be made 

3 - I do not like the idea of the packages at all, as martibo said it wouldn't work with our current job system and the chat tags would be aids.

4 - Sith Lords will probably never come back.

On 12/20/2017 at 1:23 AM, Emerald said:

I believe Sith Lords were scrapped like months ago?

Sorry, I must have not been around then. Thank you for informing me.

On 12/20/2017 at 5:32 AM, Martibo said:

Most of the things you've said are already implemented/have been implemented and removed. I like the idea of the tiers but it just wouldn't work because of the way we have our job system setup. In terms of the Donator tag in chat personally I don't like the idea because first of all it would ruin the simple/minimalistic hud and break peoples "immersion" when looking at the chat box. If you want to see if someone is a donator use the scoreboard. I would also like to mention that if you have ideas for custom jobs such as a custom droid and or bounty hunter or just another role that could be implemented message caboose or myself and we will talk about the possibility of it being implemented in as a donator job.

Understandable, I see I have made many mistakes and overstepped my boundaries due to being new on the server. Sorry,

On 12/20/2017 at 1:38 AM, Chef said:

Hello Owl,

There always has been the possibility of donating for a regiment that is custom-made to your requirements and desires - whether that costs more than the standard AUD$65 to become a Commander of a pre-existing regiment, I do not know. Many regiments have been created in the past thanks to this, a prime example being the Rescue Troopers.

However, many regiments that are not lore-friendly, underused or simply unnecessary to benefiting the roleplay of our server are being removed in the coming month or so. This means that during this time, no more custom regiments will be allowed to be made and custom regiments will most likely be restricted to individuals who are trusted and have a solid idea of what their regiment is meant to be and how their regiment will impact roleplay. The Fallen Order is a prime example of a regiment that was made purely because money was put towards the server - there was no lore aspect nor outstanding features that this regiment possessed, which lead to it being an unpopular regiment and is now on the list to be removed.

Furthermore, Sith Lords are no longer a donatable regiment due to the Management Team's decision to enforce the time period that the server is set in, which is a few years before the main events of Rogue One. At this point in the time, only two Sith Lords exist - Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine, so only those Lords may be played. This has been the case for many months now.

I do like the idea of donor tags being added in the chatbox as well as a weapon skins package, but packages containing multiple jobs (in my opinion) will be hard to set up and could be easily exploited in many ways.

I do see some potential in the ideas you have conceptualised here, but it is ultimately up to the Management Team to decide what is available for donation. You can always put in a support ticket either on the forums or in the donation store and ask for a custom regiment or donation package to be added and you can see what comes from that. 

Thank you Chef

Chef, I just don't see the point in donating $20-35 for a droid especially a mouse droid...AND I just realized I put Jango fett instead of Boba

Edited by Owl

5 hours ago, Owl said:

Understandable, I see I have made many mistakes and overstepped my boundaries due to being new on the server. Sorry,

Nothing wrong with that its not like you could of known unless you asked.