Red's Trial Event Master Application

2 minutes ago, Red said:

I have not seen the first event done before, that is the reason I have put it down. And I am still editing the second event, thank you for your feedback.

Also, with the first event. Why would droid owners teach troopers how to maintain droids. We have Engineers to do that.

A. Why would they not teach engineers

B. Why don't engineers teach troopers if they know? Would trust them over droid owners. What are their qualifications?

14 minutes ago, LePaul said:

Also, with the first event. Why would droid owners teach troopers how to maintain droids. We have Engineers to do that.

B. Why don't engineers teach troopers if they know? Would trust them over droid owners. What are their qualifications?

both good points, Firstly engineers should already know BUT I didnt say that engineers wont be taught,  and secondly the event doesnt go into that much detail currently, I can add more detail but there first event would be used as a filler if someone cant make it to their own event, its just a basic passive event, and teaching the troopers how to maintain droids could be used as a skill when there are no qualified engineers around. Thank you for all of the feedback I do appreciate it.

EDIT - I've changed the Droid Owners name to Droid Engineer, seems more fitting.

14 minutes ago, LePaul said:

I feel like a big point of events is to allow people to do things that they don't normally do. Engineers take care of droids most of the time, so it would be fun to let non-engineers have some passive RP dealing with something out of the ordinary like droids.

The droids could also be some kind of "new model" and the engineers would be the first group that the droid owners would teach. Anything is possible.

+1 to red, great dude and I can see things working out well with him if accepted.

• Downvote 1
  • Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, add___123 said:

I feel like a big point of events is to allow people to do things that they don't normally do. Engineers take care of droids most of the time, so it would be fun to let non-engineers have some passive RP dealing with something out of the ordinary like droids.

The droids could also be some kind of "new model" and the engineers would be the first group that the droid owners would teach. Anything is possible.

+1 to red, great dude and I can see things working out well with him if accepted.

Thank you very much add, appreciate it.

5 hours ago, willd_ said:

-1 I believe you are trustworthy but to be an EM you have to be creative (as well) and from your examples both of the events appear generic and non-engagingWould be willing to change to a +1 if you were to come up with a 'less-generic' Event example.

Good luck

Although there is still some room for improvement in your Examples I am extremely impressed by your response therefor I am changing to a +1 

Good Luck :) 

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, willd_ said:

Although there is still some room for improvement in your Examples I am extremely impressed by your response therefor I am changing to a +1 

Good Luck :) 

Thank you very much! I will keep editing and enhancing my examples, much appreciated

Thought I might take the time to write a full paragraph so here it goes;

Red and I did not start on the best of terms, However I believe those times are far behind us. Red has demonstrated maturity, kindness and respect towards not just myself but other members of the community. 

Red's role in the engineers has led me to believe that he is able to operate efficiently with a certain degree of power under his belt, without abusing that power. I have not seen him abuse his tools, and have seen great creations.

I believe the creativity he channels so positively in his current position will compliment the role of an event master. While your events are not fantastic, they don't need to be. What we need is stability, and a cool head running the events.

Therefore, I will leave a +1. You have my respect and I wish you good luck.

Best regards, Kix

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, KIX said:

Thought I might take the time to write a full paragraph so here it goes;

Red and I did not start on the best of terms, However I believe those times are far behind us. Red has demonstrated maturity, kindness and respect towards not just myself but other members of the community. 

Red's role in the engineers has led me to believe that he is able to operate efficiently with a certain degree of power under his belt, without abusing that power. I have not seen him abuse his tools, and have seen great creations.

I believe the creativity he channels so positively in his current position will compliment the role of an event master. While your events are not fantastic, they don't need to be. What we need is stability, and a cool head running the events.

Therefore, I will leave a +1. You have my respect and I wish you good luck.

Best regards, Kix

Thank you very much. 

5 minutes ago, Phresh Zeisty said:

Neutral

Dont know whether or not to + or -  this application, but you are a good kid and mean well, but I just havent seen enough of you that tells me you would be a valued and well EM on this server yet.

Thank you for the comment, and I totally understand as we have rarely spoken. 

+1

From your want to seek better events for the players in the mornings other than the "spawn NPCs and kill them" events show that you want change in variety in events which I whole heartedly support.

Although with making passive RP events good is making it so that more than just Navy or ISB are involved for majority of the event, then the troopers do all the shooting and killing. 

Other than that I think you would make a competent T-EM for the community.

Best of luck with your application

• Upvote 1