Simmo (Shaw)'s T-Mod Application

Steam Name: TheAwesomeSimmo

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:63144820

In game name and rank: SM Master Sergeant Shaw

Time Played: 3 weeks 4 days

Why are you applying for this position?: I was previously a part of the event master team, however I have been increasingly stressed and have not had the time to create quality events. These issues will not stop be from playing on the server, but I believe I would be more of an asset to the moderator/admin team. I have enjoyed the last few months of playing on the server, and want to give back to the community. 

How will allowing you to be apart of our staff team help us:
I have good people skills and I try to treat everyone with respect at all times, even when they are non-co-operative. I'm adaptable to new rules and guidelines and am ambitious in trying to do better than is expected of me. I have experience as a community service leader and know how to manage problems and disputes. I am fair with people who have issues and will let all parties express their view before making a decision, if required. I'm also reliable and spend between 5-7 hours a day on the server and am willing to help people with any issues they may have with content, their game, etc. as I have reasonable knowledge fixing those sorts of issues.

Have you been a Staff on previous servers if so please list them:

Previously Junior EM on this server from October to December 2017.

Have you had any warnings, kicks or bans if so please list them:

1 warn for RDM on the 2nd or 3rd of August.

No Kicks or Bans.

What can you bring to Imperial Gaming:
I  can bring my people skills and hardworking attitude to the server, to help deal with issues posed by mingy  players. I'm also a player that has been apart of the community since early August, so many people know me, which hopefully makes me trusted. I have previous IRL experience from uni and school groups (running community service, etc.) and have dealt with conflicts between friends and have diffused most of them successfully. I'm also not afraid of being yelled at, abused or belittled by angry players, and will not let my emotions decide how I respond to the issue at hand. 

Anything else you would like to add:
This is all honest information, I'm not trying to make myself look amazing. I hope I can make the transition into the Admin Team and help the server be safe and fun for all players. I also want to make clear that the issues that are affecting me currently IRL will not be a problem with my ability as a moderator, if I am chosen. I look forward to the feedback.

Terms
I, Simmo, accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming, and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

• Downvote 1
  • Upvote 1

-1 you went committed enough to em and I have also witnessed you raise your voice and get angry just because there were no people wanting to be  event characters. Also you stated you would bring a hardworking attitude however I hardly ever witnessed you doing events.

3 minutes ago, Wilson06 said:

-1 you went committed enough to em and I have also witnessed you raise your voice and get angry just because there were no people wanting to be  event characters. Also you stated you would bring a hardworking attitude however I hardly ever witnessed you doing events.

Recently got kicked from EM and the reason you where removed (I will leave it out) also impacts my response aswell v 

4 minutes ago, Wilson06 said:

-Support

11 minutes ago, Wilson06 said:

Thanks for the feedback, however I wasn't able to be committed recently due to the fact I've moved and I'm worked most days. I only was able to do 9pm and later events. I also have other stresses that make time to create the events properly, I did not want to leave and I decided it was best if I didn't continue to overstress myself.

9 minutes ago, Wilson06 said:

if you're busy then this isn't the job for you, the rank of EM requires you to only be on a little bit but as long as you were doing the right amount of events and good quality. But moderator requires more activity as you have to always moderate a server rather then come on a hour or two a day to run an event, if you couldn't be active enough for EM then frankly moderator is just as bad.

7 hours ago, Wilson06 said:

Sorry, But I have to agree, -1

If you couldn't stay commited to EM, I don't think you would be fit for Trial Moderator Either.

• Your effort or lack thereof was shown when you were an EM
  • Your skill or lack of skill was shown when you were an EM
  • Your abilities or the best of were shown when you were an EM
  • No Experience

Neutral:

Simmo, after so recently disbanding from the Event Master team, I feel like you shouldn’t apply for staff so soon. This combined with your recent irl stresses and recent image on the server as a whole makes this application look bad in itself.

Look, you are a great guy. Fun to chill with, mature and the like, now just isn’t the time to apply.

17 hours ago, Simmo said:

Thanks for the feedback, however I wasn't able to be committed recently due to the fact I've moved and I'm worked most days. I only was able to do 9pm and later events. I also have other stresses that make time to create the events properly, I did not want to leave and I decided it was best if I didn't continue to overstress myself.

Based on your reply here, you seem to have a lot going on, so i suggest that you wait a month or two until you calm down a bit and then decide whether you want to become a staff member or not. Also for reasons stated above.

• Ridge locked this topic