Simple Hologram Guide

OK 

This is pretty easy so what you need to do is create a group, in the group make an event what is set to "is typing" and invert that, then create 2 group off that and name one "Bone Movements" and the other "Model / Comm" or something of your choice. In Bone Movement create a bone and attach it to your forearm and move to your desired location, then create another bone and attach is to the hand and move to desired location, you might also want to move you head to look at the comm unit. Now create a communicator or use a gear (that's what I done) , and attach it to your Hand or desired location. After you have moved your communicator in to position, create a model that will be who is on your communicator and attach him to the desired location, make the person look like a hologram with a material and add some bones to make him look nice.

OR

https://pastebin.com/bAf5bqTn ( to use go to "load" and then to "load from url")

and for someone who requested this (also the holograms bones are not the best and I spent about 5 minutes on this)

Hope this helps you!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

A material that I personally recommend is found in Half Life 2 > effects. It is called tv_screen and it creates a really realistic hologram. Most of the best materials to choose for PAC creations are found in the Half Life 2 folder.

• Upvote 2

You might also want to set your weapon hold type to passive so you can walk around without it glitching through your body.

Just make an animation and parent all your bones to it and set weapon hold type to passive, then reposition all your bones.

17 hours ago, Gulliman said:

OK 

This is pretty easy so what you need to do is create a group, in the group make an event what is set to "is typing" and invert that, then create 2 group off that and name one "Bone Movements" and the other "Model / Comm" or something of your choice. In Bone Movement create a bone and attach it to your forearm and move to your desired location, then create another bone and attach is to the hand and move to desired location, you might also want to move you head to look at the comm unit. Now create a communicator or use a gear (that's what I done) , and attach it to your Hand or desired location. After you have moved your communicator in to position, create a model that will be who is on your communicator and attach him to the desired location, make the person look like a hologram with a material and add some bones to make him look nice.

OR

https://pastebin.com/bAf5bqTn ( to use go to "load" and then to "load from url")

and for someone who requested this (also the holograms bones are not the best and I spent about 5 minutes on this)

Hope this helps you!

Are are allowed to use this? 

Exceptinal work.

• 1 month later...