Rimmins Trial Moderator Application

Steam Name: [IG] Rimbo

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:175087012

In game name and rank: SW Commander Rimmin - User

Time Played: 1 week and 4 days.

Why are you applying for this position?: Well, I have been a member on IG since mid-august and ever since the day I joined I have looked up to the staff team, I have seen how well they were able to take on situations and how professional they are with the way approach things. I thought I would take up the challenge of becoming a staff member myself (see question 3 for server name) I did quite well with helping players with issues and helped them feel happy and I made them want to join back onto the server every day. Unfortunately, the server closed down, so I decided that I would come back to IG after about a week and a half of being back we are here. I hope to be just as good of a staff member as others and keep IG one of the best and biggest servers on GMOD. Another thing is my loyalty and dedication towards the server, i mean $600 is A LOT of money to donate to a server, so its not like im just gonna disappear out of no where (yes, i know i did it once before, but i had my reasons).

How will allowing you to be a part of our staff team help us: As stated before I have been a Staff Member on a different server, so I know what I’m doing, i am able to use ULX commands and i know the correct or "prefered" way of approaching problems. I believe that my maturity and helpfulness are some of my strongest traits (but not all of them). In my eyes, I am well known on the server and if I needed help I would prefer to hear a friendly and familiar voice than a  grumpy unknown voice (not saying that the staff does have a "grumpy and unknown voice". I believe that the fact I have commanded three regiments shows that the server trusts me in leading their players and keeping them happy (I am aware the position of commander is a  position which you are able to donate for). As for how active I am, I am active about 98%-99% of the time, which means a will be able to take on more problems than some of the less active staff members.  

Have you been a Staff on previous servers if so please list them: Yes, Shadow Networks for the entire time that it was open

Have you had any warnings, kicks or bans if so please list them: Sadly yes, although they are my biggest 0. Warn: mass RDM (the victim says it should be RDM, but I disagree), Warn: failing to listen to orders (calling Darth Vader Ma’am).

What can you bring to Imperial Gaming: I am able to bring my kindness and caring attitude towards any situation, I have a high tolerance to people who have lots of problems and are constantly asking for help or reporting people, meaning I am able to, again, claim more situations. I will keep this paragraph brief because most things have been stated in other paragraphs.

Anything else you would like to add: Yes, thank you for taking the time to read my application.

Terms
I accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

19 minutes ago, Joseph Stalin said:

(calling Darth Vader Ma’am).

Dragz would've just had you killed for that back in the day; Different Time, different punishment. Bad luck.

Font choice doesn't enhance your application, in my opinion.

Was wondering on the further details of your previous experience on  Shadow Networks  -- ie How long your were Staff for, just as a way to measure your statement;  " I know what I’m doing".

What can you bring to Imperial Gaming: I am able to bring my kindness and caring attitude towards any situation, I have a high tolerance to people who have lots of problems and are constantly asking for help or reporting people, meaning I am able to, again, claim more situations. I will keep this paragraph brief because most things have been stated in other paragraphs.

I like this, and I'd be willing give a Neutral, and leaning +1 to a fellow Shadow Commander. Make sure that if you attain this position, you try to learn from every situation you are presented with.

From what I have seen.

I would +1

HOWEVER

I believe you left the server for a while after breaking under pressure. And from my experience, staff come under A LOT of pressure with their role on the server.

So I will +1. But it's a slim latter, and any tom-foolery or stupidity may cause me to make a few edits on this post.

Kindly build a reputation, as a donated commander, you come under a lot of flak for receiving the rank because your pockets are fatter than others. So I would recommend acting professional even in out of rp situations, it's tough, believe me, but it will drastically change your application.

I'm noticing a few grammatical errors in your app, not to pester, but in your free time fix them up, and you'll be right as rain.

Best of luck for your application.

Ravage

-1. Let me explain. 

Warn: mass RDM (the victim says it should be RDM, but I disagree

I don't understand what you mean. What I am getting is that the victim wanted it to just be RDM however you wanted it to be Mass RDM. 

2. This isn't really a hit on you as a person, however people do get triggered if the text is large because it looks as if you barely have any information and making it up in space. And to that argument, I sadly agree.

23 minutes ago, Joseph Stalin said:

Anything else you would like to add: Yes, lately there has been an uprising in minges and people that don’t care about other people’s experience and immersion in the RP world, these are the people I have ZERO TOLERANCE for, I wish to either make them want to RP (in a friendly way, of course) or straight up warn them, this depends on how bad the offence is and how often they do it. And I wish to say, thank you for taking your valuable time to re4ad my application and I suppose the next time I see you I’m a staff member.

A) This paragraph can legit be left out, or worded loads better. I don't understand the "uprising" of minges. When and where are they on? 

B) It doesn't add anything new, just legit stating previous, or cliched comments in your average Staff App. 

27 minutes ago, Joseph Stalin said:

I am well known on the server and if I needed help I would prefer to hear a friendly and familiar voice than a voice of a grumpy unknown voice.

A) I legit had no idea who you were, now not to say that you're not active, you may be, sure. But personally I don't see you on much. 

B) You are suggesting that the current Staff Team have, and I quote , "A grumpy unknown voice" 

5. And for the maturity of you, I saw you minge after the Tatooine Event yesterday when trying to receive the supplies. 

(If that wasn't you, tell me, I apologize.)

Many thanks,

Maxine (Iden Versio)

I've spoken to you on a few occasions, and personally, I don't belive you have the maturity to be a staff member. Sorry. I would also recommend making the font smaller, it is very big and hard to read.

-1 for the following reasons:

• Average playtime.
  • Warnings for MassRDM and Minging.
  • Oversized text to make the application seem larger than it actually is.
  • Standard question answers.
  • Not overly mature.
  • Not overly well known. 

P.S - One good thing is that you didn't mention that you have donated to the server, so that is a reason you deserve staff.

1 hour ago, pinejack said:

• Average playtime.
  • Not overly mature.
  • Not overly well known. 

P.S - One good thing is that you didn't mention that you have donated to the server, so that is a reason you deserve staff.

Agreed  -1

2 hours ago, Joseph Stalin said:

Shadow Networks.

Hey mate.

I'm fairly certain a position given to you by your mate who is server manager doesn't properly count, at least in my opinion, seeing as it doesn't show that you've worked for it. However, I did like the application. 

What you could have done, however, is use Size 14 when you write, just so your application doesn't look bigger than it actually does.

Personally, I don't think you're mature enough for the role. 

Good luck. 

29 minutes ago, Kunario said:

Reason: All the above.

34 minutes ago, [IG] Tackxo said:

Hey mate.

I'm fairly certain a position given to you by your mate who is server manager doesn't properly count, at least in my opinion, seeing as it doesn't show that you've worked for it. However, I did like the application. 

What you could have done, however, is use Size 14 when you write, just so your application doesn't look bigger than it actually does.

Personally, I don't think you're mature enough for the role. 

Good luck. 

59 minutes ago, Spicer said:

Agreed  -1

1 hour ago, Delta said:

Neutral 

@Emerald already stated why

2 hours ago, pinejack said:

• Average playtime.
  • Not overly mature.
  • Not overly well known. 

2 hours ago, Red said:

I've spoken to you on a few occasions, and personally, I don't belive you have the maturity to be a staff member. Sorry. I would also recommend making the font smaller, it is very big and hard to read.

2 hours ago, willd_ said:

Sorry man but I gotta go with a -1

Mainly because of the reasons stated by @Maffa146 and because I don't think I've ever actually seen/met you.

Good luck,

Tike Man

2 hours ago, Maffa146 said:

-1. Let me explain. 

I don't understand what you mean. What I am getting is that the victim wanted it to just be RDM however you wanted it to be Mass RDM. 

2. This isn't really a hit on you as a person, however people do get triggered if the text is large because it looks as if you barely have any information and making it up in space. And to that argument, I sadly agree.

A) This paragraph can legit be left out, or worded loads better. I don't understand the "uprising" of minges. When and where are they on? 

B) It doesn't add anything new, just legit stating previous, or cliched comments in your average Staff App. 

A) I legit had no idea who you were, now not to say that you're not active, you may be, sure. But personally I don't see you on much. 

B) You are suggesting that the current Staff Team have, and I quote , "A grumpy unknown voice" 

5. And for the maturity of you, I saw you minge after the Tatooine Event yesterday when trying to receive the supplies. 

(If that wasn't you, tell me, I apologize.)

Many thanks,

Maxine (Iden Versio)

2 hours ago, draKe said:

From what I have seen.

I would +1

HOWEVER

I believe you left the server for a while after breaking under pressure. And from my experience, staff come under A LOT of pressure with their role on the server.

So I will +1. But it's a slim latter, and any tom-foolery or stupidity may cause me to make a few edits on this post.

Kindly build a reputation, as a donated commander, you come under a lot of flak for receiving the rank because your pockets are fatter than others. So I would recommend acting professional even in out of rp situations, it's tough, believe me, but it will drastically change your application.

I'm noticing a few grammatical errors in your app, not to pester, but in your free time fix them up, and you'll be right as rain.

Ravage

3 hours ago, -CML- [IG] Divisionary said:

Dragz would've just had you killed for that back in the day; Different Time, different punishment. Bad luck.

Font choice doesn't enhance your application, in my opinion.

Was wondering on the further details of your previous experience on  Shadow Networks  -- ie How long your were Staff for, just as a way to measure your statement;  " I know what I’m doing".

I like this, and I'd be willing give a Neutral, and leaning +1 to a fellow Shadow Commander. Make sure that if you attain this position, you try to learn from every situation you are presented with.

3 hours ago, Emerald said:

Reasons:

• Not enough detail put into it
  • Average Playtime
  • Hard to read
  • Not Mature
  • Has been a minge in the past.
  • Tried to make the Application look big by making Font bigger.

Thank you, regardless of your response whether it be -1 +1 or neutral, it matters a lot that you bothered to read and respond to my application (mind you I did this at school, so i was very dedicated to getting this out there...I had a lot of free time). oh and @Maffa146 when I was given the warning @Fox put it as MassRDM but the "victim" said it should only be RDM because I only killed him multiple times (it was a back and forth thing, i killed first though) he didn't understand what massRDM meant. you also said I was minging yesterday for the tatooine event, nope wasn't even on 

9 hours ago, draKe said:

From what I have seen.

I would +1

HOWEVER

Ravage

sorry to make a new post about it buuuuuut, the reason I left the server was that of different reasons I will leave out as they are unneeded. For re writing purposes, elaborate on ways that i minge and how i can become more of a mature person (this goes out to all)

14 minutes ago, Joseph Stalin said:

when I was given the warn @Fox put it as MassRDM but the "victim" said it should only be RDM because I only killed him multiple times (it was a back and forth thing, i killed first though) he didn't understand what massRDM meant 

If you kill someone more than 2 - 3 times that’s considered MassRDM in my Books other Staff Members may think differently but this is how I do it. It’s quite similar to when you kill 2 - 3 people that’s consider MassRDM. I hope you understand and if you have an Issue with this warning which @Fox gave you then you can speak with @Fox about it and possibly get it removed or speak to @Caboose. Also I like your App it’s nicely detailed but I haven’t seen you much but this is sorta my problem because my PC is broke and I’m moving. So imma gonna give ya NEUTRAL for now.

Hey Rimmin. I'm sure you'll be the best commander SW has ever had. Do not let this application demoralise you going into the future. I'd suggest getting a little more playtime under your belt, interacting more within the forums and with others on the server. You'll know at that point when you are ready. If you show you're a fair and just Commander and you excel in your role, others will notice and appreciate the maturity. Good luck with future applications.

Ok, well tbh the reasons are being repeated so i will make a call to close this application, no more re0lies please. And im not upset it just seems there is no more reason to reply. Thank you to all who have replied

• Ridge locked this topic