Demonic's Trial Event Master Application

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steam Name: /Demonic\   Age: 14   Do you have a microphone that you can use regularly? Yes, I own a RODE NTG-2 Directional Condenser Microphone. And I use it a

Thanks Tackxo!

4 minutes ago, KIX said:

+1!

You are a great upstanding member of the community with a knack for creativity. If this is accepted I look forward to playing in your events.

Thank you, and indeed if I do get accepted. I will enjoy providing them.

NEUTRAL: Well written application, I like the sound of the first event, the second one I'm on the fence about, hence my neutral...

On 12/2/2017 at 7:57 AM, draKe said:

Explanation:

Emperor Palpatine has decided to test the main security of his Empire, and sends a Shapeshifter armed with Palpatine's DNA to play the part of Emperor for the while being. Troopers will have to point out mistakes the Shapeshifter makes, and reveal that he is, in fact a fake. The shapeshifter will spend his time doing Passive RP with his Sith and Troopers for 30mins to 1 Hour. Any trooper that treats the Emperor as something other than he is will be executed by the Royal Guard. The Shapeshifter will attempt to receive valuable intel from ISB, Navy, and Sith for the real Emperor. Once the Shapeshifters task is complete, he will be executed for his crimes against the Empire. And the troopers shall receive their De-brief.

In this explanation for the second event, you mention that Emperor Palpatine "sends a Shapeshifter armed with Palpatine's DNA" to "test the main security of his Empire", but then is executed for "his crimes against the Empire". This is where it lost me from the start, so I'll break it down the way I understand it. The Emperor has an unparalleled thirst for power and control, so for him to willingly send someone to impersonate him is against his character. If the shapeshfter is sent by Palpatine, then why is he, after he does what he is instructed executed, despite being ordered by the highest authority? The whole idea is just a bit unclear to me in crucial parts of the plot.

Edited by Lincoln
38 minutes ago, Lincoln said:

NEUTRAL: Well written application, I like the sound of the first event, the second one I'm on the fence about, hence my neutral...

In this explanation for the second event, you mention that Emperor Palpatine "sends a Shapeshifter armed with Palpatine's DNA" to "test the main security of his Empire", but then is executed for "his crimes against the Empire". This is where it lost me from the start, so I'll break it down the way I understand it. The Emperor has an unparalleled thirst for power and control, so for him to willingly send someone to impersonate him is against his character. If the shapeshfter is sent by Palpatine, then why is he, after he does what he is instructed executed, despite being ordered by the highest authority? The whole idea is just a bit unclear to me in crucial parts of the plot.

In many ways, I wanted to use a 'murder mystery' esk type of event as a refreshing breath of air.

The reason the Emperor does not intervene with the execution is because if word got out that an individual could pull off such a feat. Others would follow suit. Also, the Emperor would not advise his security, hence, from a troopers perspective, impersonating the Emperor is a crime punishable by death. Therefore explains why the Shapeshifter would be executed for such a reason. 

The Emperor, while having a constant drive for power and control as you said, is a cold and calculating figure. He would see this as both a game, and test for his security. Besides, I would not blame the Emperor for having a fair amount of amusement in a world where all bow to his feet.

Thank you for your comment. I'm glad you have given me the opportunity to further explain the roots of the story, and analyze their properties.

Ravage

5 hours ago, Pluto said:

+1 

Although watch your temper as I have seen you get angry pretty easily at times. Other than that, good luck!

Appreciated Pluto!

And I generally only play my anger as an act to express leadership and authority, it's merely a mindset I put on when in a leadership role.

Thanks

Ravage

• Advisor

Sorry, but I do not believe personally that you are ready for a position like this. I would support this maybe a little further down the line, but not now unfortunately.

4 hours ago, Cody said:

Sorry, but I do not believe personally that you are ready for a position like this. I would support this maybe a little further down the line, but not now unfortunately.

Thank you for your comment Cody. Apologies if I seemed inadequate for the position. I will truly attempt to prove to you that I am ready for the position.

And if not, I appreciate the critique :-)

Thanks

Ravage

-=UPDATE=-

Updated Playtime

Updated Signature & Title to accommodate my only name

Updated Rank & Name on the Server

___

Alrighty

I would like to spend a moment to thank every single person that has commented on this post, whether it be +1, -1 or Neutral, you've showed me an immense amount of kindness and critique. I'm so glad I've managed to cement myself in this community as someone who is as Mature, respectful, and active as you say I am. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Demonic