Anna Trial Moderator Application

30 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

Ok.

Anna, I certainly do not have a problem with you, but if I am being honest it is unfair for other applicants for Trial mod.

Firstly your playtime. I have seen people being harshly criticised over having 6days to a week playtime - on a pac application. I have seen people say to applicants for pac with just over a week playtime, +1 "It isnt applying for tmod". You have just over 1 week playtime - which is decent but if I am being honest try and get at least 2-3 more days as this can, probably, ensure that more new players know you.

Secondly, your activity. I understand that you have work/school/uni on atm, but you are applying for a moderator position on the most popular SWRP server in Australia. This means that you will have to be active, eg AT LEAST every two days, multiple hours a day. This grants you the ability to be on during peak time to deal with people breaking the rules. It may be just me, but I have seen you two TOPS 3 times last week and the space of time you spent on the server was very minimal. If you are applying for tmod, the length of time a day that most people prefer is 2-5 hours. Yes we already have a great staff, and what you can bring to the team is good BUT the activity is needed too.

Thirdly, your experience. Other than assisting in managing the server, you have zero prior experience modding on gmod servers. I have seen people get heavily criticised on their prior experience, but I have not seen a trace of any mention of your prior experience. Yes, sometimes prior experience does not matter if people think you are naturally suited for the job, but I believe that this is unfair for other people who have applied for a staff position - leading onto my final point.

Biased opinions.

Yes, I know that you do not intentionally seek out attention by other people, but the fact of you being one of the very, very few 'gamer girls' gives you this attention and I think that it is this attention that gives you biased opinions on your application. I know people will deny it, but this is my opinion. It is extremely unfair for people who have had applications up for months, with few replies and one day you apply and get a load of answers - In an hour. This may show that you are liked by many in the community, but it can also prove that people are replying just because of the fact that you are a 'gamer girl'.

I do not have one single problem with you, but because of my points I am showing negative support to this application.

Good luck,

Twinkie 

Please do not take this personally but again, my opinion.

I'm sorry but I would have to agree with this. I hope everything goes well. I'm going to have to give a  Neutral 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Notice how he isn't the only one who -1'd the application but he was the only one I -1'd? There's a reason for that - from what I see he is claiming that it is UNFAIR for Anna to make an applicat

Neutral Low playtime for moderator No prior experience Low activity   I realised that the first version may have been too much and that Anna probably doesnt deserve that kind

I would like to correct you on one thing puppy that has been said before on other apps which I disagree completely with is the get well known on the forums which is a complete stupidest thing. Being w

45 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

Ok.

Anna, I certainly do not have a problem with you, but if I am being honest it is unfair for other applicants for Trial mod.

Firstly your playtime. I have seen people being harshly criticised over having 6days to a week playtime - on a pac application. I have seen people say to applicants for pac with just over a week playtime, +1 "It isnt applying for tmod". You have just over 1 week playtime - which is decent but if I am being honest try and get at least 2-3 more days as this can, probably, ensure that more new players know you.

Secondly, your activity. I understand that you have work/school/uni on atm, but you are applying for a moderator position on the most popular SWRP server in Australia. This means that you will have to be active, eg AT LEAST every two days, multiple hours a day. This grants you the ability to be on during peak time to deal with people breaking the rules. It may be just me, but I have seen you two TOPS 3 times last week and the space of time you spent on the server was very minimal. If you are applying for tmod, the length of time a day that most people prefer is 2-5 hours. Yes we already have a great staff, and what you can bring to the team is good BUT the activity is needed too.

Thirdly, your experience. Other than assisting in managing the server, you have zero prior experience modding on gmod servers. I have seen people get heavily criticised on their prior experience, but I have not seen a trace of any mention of your prior experience. Yes, sometimes prior experience does not matter if people think you are naturally suited for the job, but I believe that this is unfair for other people who have applied for a staff position - leading onto my final point.

Biased opinions.

Yes, I know that you do not intentionally seek out attention by other people, but the fact of you being one of the very, very few 'gamer girls' gives you this attention and I think that it is this attention that gives you biased opinions on your application. I know people will deny it, but this is my opinion. It is extremely unfair for people who have had applications up for months, with few replies and one day you apply and get a load of answers - In an hour. This may show that you are liked by many in the community, but it can also prove that people are replying just because of the fact that you are a 'gamer girl'.

I do not have one single problem with you, but because of my points I am showing negative support to this application.

Good luck,

Twinkie 

I agree with Twinkie, like an example of you receiving attention is on this Application. You’ve received a enormous amount of replies for the time this Application has been up. Some Applications struggle even to get this amount of replies after a month.

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately, I am going to give a -1

Reasons:

-Not that active ( However, I do understand that you have dedications to things other than Garrys mod )

-Not much detail in app

-Relatively low game-time 

Regards, Apollo

P.S:  good luck with the Air Force, best career choice IMO

53 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

Ok.

Biased opinions.

Good luck,

Twinkie 

Exactly what I think.  -1 

• Advisor
7 minutes ago, Puppy said:

@Moose No need to downvote his post if he truly believes it's honest

Notice how he isn't the only one who -1'd the application but he was the only one I -1'd?

There's a reason for that - from what I see he is claiming that it is UNFAIR for Anna to make an application because she's a girl and she is "given special attention". Anyone has the right to make an application if they want to provided they're apart of the community, so why shouldn't Anna be allowed to make an application? Claiming that it's unfair for her to post an application because she's a girl is insane, in no way have we ever seen Anna use her 'girly charm' to gain an advantage over another person - and there's nothing she could possibly do to prevent people from treating her differently, the management team have thousands of staffing hours and have been managing communities since before IG, we don't give girls any unfair treatment simply because they're a girl, and this is a belief we have shared for an extremely long time. The application has blown up a lot more quickly than most other applications but that should never be a reason or a contributing factor for a -1, it just shows that the user is either well-known or people are more inclined to share their opinion on the application, whatever reason(s) that may be. 

We can't control how some people are going to react to opposing genders online - and we're very aware that some most people will treat her differently because of her gender, however when it comes to things like giving staff we're not making our judgement based on what gender she is, we're making it on how well we think the user would preform as staff and whether or not they are worthy.

TLDR; The management team aren't going to be biased based on her gender, we will treat her like any other applicant and assess her potential and current qualities of being a staff member, don't +1 because she's a girl, don't -1 because she's a girl - that just makes you look bad.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6
7 minutes ago, Puppy said:

If your gonna complain to me @Moose do it through PM, no need to clog up the application

Stop the hypocrisy, your comment just got removed for doing just that.

• Haha 1
On 27/11/2017 at 5:00 PM, Twinkie said:

Ok.

Biased opinions.

Good luck,

Twinkie 

Firstly, what does her gender have anything to do with this application. Secondly, her playtime is fine and I think most people know who she is and if she does a good job than it shouldn't really matter. I understand if she had 1 day - 4 days playtime it would've been an issue, but in this case I don't think it is. Many accepted staff have had no prior experience, yes it is obviously beneficial to have experience but it's the way you conduct yourself around the server that matters the most IMO. Not to mention the staff would obviously teach the newer tmods commands and what not. Lastly, you think because people are +1ing her that it is because she is a girl? that is totally broken logic. 

+1 from me, mature and would be a good mod. 

1 hour ago, Excalibur said:

Neutral

While you're well known, you don't really have all that much playtime and aren't really as active as a staff member could be.

I have to agree with this, however, I'm going to support this as you are without a doubt one of the, if the not THE nicest person I've met in a long time which is really good to have under your belt as a staff member. As well as I don't believe lack of experience should come into play as how is someone meant to gain experience if no one will take them due to their lack of experience? However you do need to pick up your activity a bit more as others have said. Good luck Anna.

On 11/27/2017 at 3:53 PM, Puppy said:

I have to agree

Have to agree as well, except for the gender part. Honestly too much drama regarding gender and i offer my opions regardless of them. Perhaps a tiny bit more detail with the app, but my main issue is playtime(of which you are lacking)

Nothing personal, change the playtime and i will sing a different tune.

Decided to pay more attention to your attitude and have been thorougly impressed with @Anna. Changing to a +1

Best Regards, Kix

Positive Support

- Friendly

- Application is well written (Doesn’t need to be 3 P. per answer to make it good.)

- Outgoing

- Mature 

————————————

Alright here we go,

Anna is a great addition to the community and she’ll also do well in the staff team. Previous users seem to think opinions are biased considering she is female, yes people getting hyped there’s a female playing a video game here isn’t anything new. But, in my opinion she isn’t getting positive support just because of her gender but rather how she portrays herself. Anna, is mature and respectful along with everything everyone else has stated. Although, I’ve done some pretty questionable things which I cannot explain how much I regret I won’t exclude myself from supporting your application since we aren’t really on talking terms as of now. 

Best of luck with the application

2 minutes ago, Hisoka said:

Positive Support

- Friendly

- Application is well written (Doesn’t need to be 3 P. per answer to make it good.)

- Outgoing

- Mature 

————————————

Alright here we go,

Anna is a great addition to the community and she’ll also do well in the staff team. Previous users seem to think opinions are biased considering she is female, yes people getting hyped there’s a female playing a video game here isn’t anything new. But, in my opinion she isn’t getting positive support just because of her gender but rather how she portrays herself. Anna, is mature and respectful along with everything everyone else has stated. Although, I’ve done some pretty questionable things which I cannot explain how much I regret I won’t exclude myself from supporting your application since we aren’t really on talking terms as of now. 

Best of luck with the application

I agree with your points entirely, just the playtime.

This has to be one of the biggest shitstorms or arguments in a forum post i have ever seen...

Anna is a very kind hearted individual who has been nothing but a good and kind soul to whoever she meets. No matter what situation she is in she is always willing to stay calm and posititve. Alothough she has no experience and will have to learn, she herselve put her hand up and voluntarily asked Caboose if he needed help and She assisted him with what ever he needed. In my eyes, that is incredible. A user who has no experience but still is super willing to help out with one of the most hardest jobs on the server is definitely someone we should be considering for this position. To people saying she is not active. I believe this is false. Anna has been improving activity day by day, whether it be on the server or teamspeak, she is normally always there. She wants to improve herself, she even started getting lessons from Keegan (Tom) on how to build. I believe with some help and some more knowledge of the role, anna would be more then capable of handling this position.

+1. Good Luck 

I am incredibly disappointed in everybody that are pulling the gender card on this application. A Moderator is a Moderator, there are no gender-specifics, you are stuck in the past if you think that is still a major thing to consider. Moderators have a duty and role to fill and this application serves as an avenue to show whether or not somebody has the ability to fill in that role with appropriate knowledge and maturity, not to have an extremely immature flame war.

I am not here to fight however, but I needed to say this. If the admins see this post as provocative, I completely understand and I am sorry if it appears that way but as stated before, I am not here to fight. Anyway...

Neutral

I personally like Anna, she is funny and seems like a good person to chill with but I also know that she can be mature enough to put her foot down, help manage a server (as is her role as Assistant for Caboose) and overall be a competent Moderator.

The reason I am only giving a Neutral, however, is because of her low activity and because (from what I have seen at least) she does not involve herself with other, lower ranking staff that often, meaning that we Moderators and such cannot to get to know her as well as the high ranking Admins and such do. The latter is free to be disputed against however but I am simply writing on what I have seen.

If she were to improve on these two aspects, she would most definitely have my +1.

Best of luck.