Anna Trial Moderator Application

Steam Name: Anna Cake

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:43201758

In game name and rank: Mercenary Anna

Time Played: 1 week 5 hours

Why are you applying for this position?:

I’m applying for Trial Moderator because I believe that I am well acquainted with majority of the members and always endeavouring to be a supportive team member. I have been involved in the community outside of Garry’s Mod (through other games) and have genuinely enjoyed spending time with all members. When addressed with situations and concerns in-game I approach them with a mature and open-minded.

How will allowing you to be a part of our staff team help us:

I am certain I would be of an assistance to the staff team because I’m an adaptable and approachable member of the community. I will prioritise my time and effort to the server whenever available. I will address issues no matter the situation and am transparent in my opinions and views.

Have you been a Staff on previous servers if so please list them:

Nil on Garry’s Mod Servers, currently Server Manager Assistant to support Caboose in Server Manager tasks.

Have you had any warnings, kicks or bans if so please list them:

Nil warnings, kicks or bans.

What can you bring to Imperial Gaming:

I believe I am a reliable and diligent member and I aspire to develop positive relationships between staff and player. I’m aware of the expectations of staff members and will aim to fulfil them to the highest standard. My personal values and experiences, I believe, will bring positive assistance to the community - not only in Gmod but to all games and activities.

Anything else you would like to add:

Currently I do work fulltime and study at university, but I am always available during breaks or while studying at home to assist or talk to members. I am currently in the middle of my application period for the Air Force, but this process will take an est. 1 year to complete. Until that time, I look forward to being of assistance to the entire community.

I look forward to reading your honest feedback on my application.

Terms

I accept that I am a representative of Imperial Gaming, and that I have been given these powers to make the experience of others better. I understand that advertising my application can get it denied. I accept that I may be demoted at any time by a senior member of staff without prior warning, as long as a valid reason is given. I have read all the rules and understand them completely, if not I will ask a higher staff member for a better explanation.

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Notice how he isn't the only one who -1'd the application but he was the only one I -1'd? There's a reason for that - from what I see he is claiming that it is UNFAIR for Anna to make an applicat

Neutral Low playtime for moderator No prior experience Low activity   I realised that the first version may have been too much and that Anna probably doesnt deserve that kind

I would like to correct you on one thing puppy that has been said before on other apps which I disagree completely with is the get well known on the forums which is a complete stupidest thing. Being w

+1 in all honesty, from what ive seen of you, i believe you would make an excellent tmod.

But i do agree with puppy when he says to try to be more active within the community as a whole.

*edit*

What i mean by this is that i know a lot of the older members of IG know you but some of the newer members that have been on for a small while may not.

I wish you the best of luck.

Cheers,

Rooster

Edited by Rooster
  • Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Puppy said:

I suggest getting more well known on forums

Being well known on the forums has NO affect on a users application. It is not a requirement.

OT: I am going to go with a neutral for now as I do believe that your answers @Anna could do with a bit more depth and with a bit more information in them. I will be more than happy to change to a +1 once you flesh out the application a bit more as I think you are more than capable of being a member of the servers staffing team. Although it is not a requirement, I would recommend engaging a bit more with the community on the forums as it can help out in the long run.

• Upvote 1
  • Advisor
23 minutes ago, Puppy said:

I suggest getting more well known on forums maybe and also add a bit more detail towards the questions, little detail has been listed.

And Honestly (don't hate me) I don't see you being fit to be a T-Mod.

Best of luck anyways.

I would like to correct you on one thing puppy that has been said before on other apps which I disagree completely with is the get well known on the forums which is a complete stupidest thing. Being well known on the server is important not on the forums, a forums is a mainly OOC place where members can talk to each other and discuss topics, this has no affect on there actions and sutibility to become a staff member on our server or on any server, we have no roleplay aspect on the forums and we keep all roleplay in the server and that is where you get tested.  This is a reason we do not have a minimum post count before applying as allot of posts recently have been shit posting (no offence and not saying its you),  anna is well known on the server and her actions on the server is what players judge there +1's off (excluding how well and detailed the app is written) which is why being active on the forums is not a requirement.  You have the right to your own opinion however do not get upset/mad/argue if people disagree with your statement. 

• Upvote 3
19 minutes ago, Rooster said:

+1 in all honesty, from what ive seen of you, i believe you would make an excellent tmod.

But i do agree with puppy when he says to try to be more active within the community as a whole.

*edit*

What i mean by this is that i know a lot of the older members of IG know you but some of the newer members that have been on for a small while may not.

I wish you the best of luck.

Cheers,

Rooster

+1 

• Upvote 1

+1 - It's about time for this app Anna!!!

• Well known to staff and players
  • Respected
  • Mature
  • Responsible
  • An asset to the staff team
  • Has her own "Assistant" tag on TS (so is clearly well thought of)

All the luck for this app, Anna!

• Upvote 1

I remember the day you joined, you were the second mingiest person on the server (I was first) but you improved over time. I haven't seen you since I am banned but I think your a reasonable capable person.

+1

• Upvote 2

Neutral

Low playtime for moderator

No prior experience

Low activity

I realised that the first version may have been too much and that Anna probably doesnt deserve that kind of treatment

Become more active and I might +1

Twinkie

• Downvote 2
  • Upvote 5
38 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

Ok.

Anna, I certainly do not have a problem with you, but if I am being honest it is unfair for other applicants for Trial mod.

Firstly your playtime. I have seen people being harshly criticised over having 6days to a week playtime - on a pac application. I have seen people say to applicants for pac with just over a week playtime, +1 "It isnt applying for tmod". You have just over 1 week playtime - which is decent but if I am being honest try and get at least 2-3 more days as this can, probably, ensure that more new players know you.

Secondly, your activity. I understand that you have work/school/uni on atm, but you are applying for a moderator position on the most popular SWRP server in Australia. This means that you will have to be active, eg AT LEAST every two days, multiple hours a day. This grants you the ability to be on during peak time to deal with people breaking the rules. It may be just me, but I have seen you two TOPS 3 times last week and the space of time you spent on the server was very minimal. If you are applying for tmod, the length of time a day that most people prefer is 2-5 hours. Yes we already have a great staff, and what you can bring to the team is good BUT the activity is needed too.

Thirdly, your experience. Other than assisting in managing the server, you have zero prior experience modding on gmod servers. I have seen people get heavily criticised on their prior experience, but I have not seen a trace of any mention of your prior experience. Yes, sometimes prior experience does not matter if people think you are naturally suited for the job, but I believe that this is unfair for other people who have applied for a staff position - leading onto my final point.

Biased opinions.

Yes, I know that you do not intentionally seek out attention by other people, but the fact of you being one of the very, very few 'gamer girls' gives you this attention and I think that it is this attention that gives you biased opinions on your application. I know people will deny it, but this is my opinion. It is extremely unfair for people who have had applications up for months, with few replies and one day you apply and get a load of answers - In an hour. This may show that you are liked by many in the community, but it can also prove that people are replying just because of the fact that you are a 'gamer girl'.

I do not have one single problem with you, but because of my points I am showing negative support to this application.

Good luck,

Twinkie 

Please do not take this personally but again, my opinion.

He's got some good points.

I will also be showing negative support because of these reasons.

Nevertheless good luck.

• Upvote 1