Goliath

Goliath's Event Master Application

7 hours ago, goliath said:

@Emerald, @Cody, @Barron, @-CML- [IG] Divisionary, @[IG] Tackxo, @Gregg, @Mauler, @Ling Ling, @willd_, @wflizzi.

Wow.  I expected some support, but nothing like this!  Thank you, to all of you, this means a lot to me, more than you know.

@goliathNo worries mate, and you don't need to thank us for giving our opinions. The fact is that you put great detail & effort into your application & people recognised that. So we should be thanking you for the effort of detail you put into your application.

It is Goliath for crying out loud!

Pros:

It's Goliath

It's Goliath

It's Goliath

Cons:

N/A

+1

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, KIX said:

It is Goliath for crying out loud!

Pros:

It's Goliath

It's Goliath

It's Goliath

Cons:

N/A

+1

Question, do you know that I am actually Goliath?  Didn't see that one coming did you?  Appreciate it man.

• Haha 1

Just lemme explain. 

PROS

The Information is good, and you hold high respect for multiple people on the server. 

CONS 

You have abused tools before

I have seen you Metagame, though these times are very limited, they have happened. (This however was in the past) 

I'm not sure if you are fit to become staff yet, however, good luck. 

Best wishes,

Maxine (Iden Versio)

• Upvote 1

Hey @Maffa146, thanks for your reply. I do truly value all feedback (positive and negative) and will now attempt to address all of your commments.

"you have abused tools before"

You are correct, I have abused tools before, I have been warned for it (as I made clear). I would also direct you to the imgur link on my application as well as the comment made by @Imposing (I think, I could be wrong) that clearly and categorically states beyond all reasonable doubt that this occurred a long time ago and I believe that I have learnt my lesson since then. I can't think of any more recent examples but if ANYONE can, I would greatly appreciate it if you could bring them to my attention.

As for the meta gaming (that by your own admission happened a long time ago and was infrequent), I understand that it may be of consern to you, but I personally fail to see how it will impact on my ability to be an event master. There may be a concern with my use of powers, and I acknowledge that, but I don't think it will have a meaningful impact on my ability to tell stories and run events. 

Again, I would like to thank you for your feedback. If you have any more concerns, I would be happy to address them.

Edited by goliath
English is hard

4 minutes ago, goliath said:

Hey @Maffa146, thanks for your reply. I do truly value all feedback (positive and negative) and will now attempt to address all of your commments.

"you have abused tools before"

You are correct, I have abused tools before, I have been warned for it (as I made clear). I would also direct you to the imgur link on my application as well as the comment made by @Imposing (I think, I could be wrong) that clearly and categorically states beyond all reasonable doubt that this occurred a long time ago and I believe that I have learnt my lesson since then. I can't think of any more recent examples but if ANYONE can, I would greatly appreciate it if you could bring them to my attention.

As for the meta gaming (that by your own admission happened a long time ago and was infrequent), I understand that it may be of consern to you, but I personally fail to see how it will impact on my ability to be an event master. There may be a concern with my use of powers, and I acknowledge that, but I don't think it will have a meaningful impact on my ability to tell stories and run events. 

Again, I would like to thank you for your feedback. If you have any more concerns, I would be happy to address them.

While not trying to start an argument, I would again like to touch on these issues: 

1.If you are accepted with the role of EM, then you are trusted, however personally, this does effect on it. And if you think you've changed, then that's great, even better. 

2. As you of known, I took a break from the server from June or July. From when I was still in ISB you were metagaming, Very limited to. I haven't encountered you in game that much to comment on it, however if you believe you've changed, then that is good. And touching on the comment of Metagaming in Events, its really self explanatory and WILL GREATLY EFFECT YOU IF YOU GET EVENT MASTER.   

If I see a difference in your actions as Royal Guad Commander, then I will happily change my response. As for now, -1. However, that is subject to change. 

Many thanks,

Maxine (Iden Versio)

1 hour ago, Maffa146 said:

WILL GREATLY EFFECT YOU IF YOU GET EVENT MASTER.   

I still fail to understand how my previous (unconfirmed) metagaming that, by your own admission, happened a while ago, will effect my ability to run an event.  As an event master, while I have all of the tools in my position to metagame, there is no logical reason for to metagame.  By definition, metagaming is using information that I gained outside the game and could not now inside for my own benefit.  The only way that metagaming within my own event could possibly benefit me is if I used the event to  paint myself (in character) or my regiment in a good light, something that the community could easily pick up on.  The backlash from this would far outweigh the benefits, resulting in a net loss gain and a removal from the staff team.  If you are referring to using the tools given to event masters to metagame in other events or just on the ship, staff and management have made it abundantly clear time and time again that there are numerous checks and balances in place to stop this, such as the restriction (or ban) of event masters from using their powers in any situation that does not involve your event and the rigorous monitoring and logging systems the staff have in place.  As such, while there could be disastrous results from staff metagaming, there is no reasonable way that this can occur, thus there is no logical reason to use it as a reason to personally vouch against anyone (including myself) getting a position as a event master or other member of staff.  I do concede the point that I have metagamed in the past, but these situations were not considered serious enough to give me any sort of formal punishment and they were so few and far between that they could be considered rationally mute nearing the point of irrelevance.

Mentions for relevance:

@[IG] Mainz

1 hour ago, goliath said:

I personally fail to see how it will impact on my ability to be an event master.

You're missing the mark mate.

What I am saying is, I don't trust you to become a Event Master as metagaming is and will always be a huge issue of an EM. What you need to do as a EM is to be trusted.

The issue isn't that you solely metagame. (Implying if you do or not) the issue is that if you do it. 

While (again, not trying to argue) these "+1" or "-1" are fully opinion based. So personally I don't see you to be fit to become an EM. As I said. this is subject to change, and is also relying on the information back in June. If you don't want me to become Moderator, just put a "-1" on my application and tell me why. I have stated my reasons, why I personally don't want you to become Event Master. 

"Now Maxine, you're going off information in June? Is this really still valid?"  Yes, because I am giving off my opinion on you while in that state. That's when I knew you, (still do now) and had the majority of interactions with. 

If you chose to respond, remember. The key words are: 

"Personally" and "Opinion" 

I hope this issue can be resolved soon,

Maxine (Iden Versio)

• Upvote 1

Quick update,

I have not been active recently due to a vaccination gone wrong (immune is fucked up).  Will try to get back on ASAP.

• Sad 1

Hey @Red

Thanks for the feedback.  This is probably for 2 reasons:

1. Recently, I have been very sick and have not been able to make it on to often.

2. As I am the Commander of the royal guard, I don't spend a lot (if any) time interacting with those who don't wield a saber.

Again, thanks for your comment, ill try to walk around a bit more and make my presence known :)

• Upvote 1