Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Demonic

Constructive Criticism.

Recommended Posts

Constructive Criticism.

 

A term used extremely loosley as of late, but is however also a cloak, a disguise. For another little term we like to call a

Death Response.

 

Now, constructive criticism is great, it allows the user to use the information provided by the commenter to further benefit for the future.

 

What separates the two terms is the people downvoting user's profile reputation, -1ing simply because others have before them, and distribhting downright bullying comments, constantly berating the user on why their post is in-adequate.

People now call this constructive criticism.

As I said, it's a cloak, people borderline bully others on this forum, and calls it constructive criticism.

 

You don't berate a 10 year old child (which actually has happened) simply because their grammar was not up to par. You tell him what to improve on, if you saw a kid doing something stupid in front of you, YOU WOULDN'T DRIVE THEM TO THE POINT OF EMOTIONAL TRAUMA.

 

I am extremely passionate about this topic, take it seriously, thumbs up to those who use constructive criticism correctly. And shame to those who use the term to bully others into silence.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, draKe said:

What separates the two terms is the people downvoting user's profile reputation, -1ing simply because others have before them, and distribhting downright bullying comments, constantly berating the user on why their post is in-adequate.

Now this is something I really Dislike... I don’t know why but I absolutely hate when people -Nagative rep someone because of their Applications simples mistakes. Or people just do it to show that they disagree with the Application and dont have the BALLS to tell them why they -Negative rep the Application. Hopefully this does get out to people good job @draKe on having the BALLS to do this and point this out.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy someone brought this up... Agreed.

  • hurtful messages, images or videos
  • imitating others online
  • excluding others online
  • humiliating others online
  • nasty online gossip and chat.

I've seen all of these types of "bullying" on the forums and I would like to call them out but two wrongs don't make a right... All I'm going to say, you don't deserve a commander rank if you do these. It's disgraceful, dishonorable, inexcusable and unforgivable.

Anyone who does this, no matter who they are, they deserve punishment. I mean serious punishment.

Bringing people to the point of near depression it's appalling, look I'm not trying to accuse people but I'm saying anyone I find doing this in or out of game I'm going straight to an admin, and If it's staff doing the bullying you should know better. As Staff people look up to you, you shouldnt be acting in a disgusting manor.

P.S I'm not accusing anyone of doing this but I have seen many people do it, and with staff I havn't seen anything wrong so good on you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2017 at 11:14 PM, Wombatiacus said:

Now this is something I really Dislike... I don’t know why but I absolutely hate when people -Nagative rep someone because of their Applications simples mistakes. Or people just do it to show that they disagree with the Application and dont have the BALLS to tell them why they -Negative rep the Application. Hopefully this does get out to people good job @draKe on having the BALLS to do this and point this out.

 

On 11/23/2017 at 11:58 PM, KIX said:

Agreed

 

On 11/24/2017 at 12:03 AM, willd_ said:

^

 

On 11/24/2017 at 12:08 AM, Nightwing said:

I'm happy someone brought this up... Agreed.

  • hurtful messages, images or videos
  • imitating others online
  • excluding others online
  • humiliating others online
  • nasty online gossip and chat.

I've seen all of these types of "bullying" on the forums and I would like to call them out but two wrongs don't make a right... All I'm going to say, you don't deserve a commander rank if you do these. It's disgraceful, dishonorable, inexcusable and unforgivable.

Anyone who does this, no matter who they are, they deserve punishment. I mean serious punishment.

Bringing people to the point of near depression it's appalling, look I'm not trying to accuse people but I'm saying anyone I find doing this in or out of game I'm going straight to an admin, and If it's staff doing the bullying you should know better. As Staff people look up to you, you shouldnt be acting in a disgusting manor.

P.S I'm not accusing anyone of doing this but I have seen many people do it, and with staff I havn't seen anything wrong so good on you.

Thank you all for your kind words. I hope we may be able to get this known across the forums. 

 

Thanks 

 

Ravage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/11/2017 at 8:59 PM, draKe said:

Death Response.

Bearmax flashbacks intensify.

 

Time for a quick rant and a go as the advocatus diaboli. The downvote button is there for a reason. If I think that what you posted is bad, I have and reserve the right to downvote your application. There is a big difference between bullying and making your opinion known, yet the line between them is fine. Berating someone for their grammar is unacceptable, yet I see no problem in categorically showing why you are not supporting an application. If I were to call you a horrible person for your app, that is unacceptable. If I were to -1 your app and list why, that is totally fine. If I were to hit that -reputation button, that is truly situational. I am not saying that this isn't a problem, because it is, but remember, there is definitely an acceptable way to go about giving negative (yet constructive) feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back around the beginning of the new server (Ie, after restart), A time when Military RP was still pretty strong, and welcomed us all. I think it was a time people just started to farm to the top of +1 rep's on the forums., by secretly making new accounts to +1 all their posts. Now ofcourse I don't have proof of this, so it's with a grain of sand, but  some of us  thought we knew what we saw at the time.

 Around that time I remember the original creator, before they made their Well-Known responses, was the first person I saw receive substantial  'harassment' on the forums in the technique of 'Mass -1ing'  ratings of all comments. There were a few toxic people banding together at a time, and for the most part, when unnoticed by staff, as it was a thing that wasn't watched for, back then. It did stop, I don't think I remember who was there at the time, Military was pretty fun for a little bit tho. Halo RP turned out to be a bit of a bust a little later, though I think one of the Bullies is still on the server today, seems like he's changed his ways.. For the most part anyway..

Strange how you can sometimes remember names and their actions from quite a while ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, ill be honest I have been mean to others on their own forum post being really disrespectful towards them. I do apologize to anyone that I did offend but I believe I have changed now. This is a serious topic and hopefully, staff will figure something out.

-Garr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is, without a doubt, something that needs to be fixed. Outright bullying someone because they made a mistake on their application, or -1ing and not giving good, solid reason to back it up, is just plain stupid. If someone can't take the time to let the applicant know what they have done wrong, then they shouldn't even comment on the application. Goliath raises these points excellently. However, recently I have seen people downvoting topics for no apparent reason, and when called on it by others on the topic, they immediately remove it. I'm not saying there is foul play involved at all, it's just a bit of a dishonest and wrong thing to be doing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2017 at 8:14 PM, Wombatiacus said:

Now this is something I really Dislike... I don’t know why but I absolutely hate when people -Nagative rep someone because of their Applications simples mistakes. Or people just do it to show that they disagree with the Application and dont have the BALLS to tell them why they -Negative rep the Application. Hopefully this does get out to people good job @draKe on having the BALLS to do this and point this out.

 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×