Tarkin Inititiative [Regiment Idea]

From what I can tell, these guys are basically AWRT - lore wise, they're the scientists and researchers working on the advanced weapons for the Empire.

Therefore, I find it very odd that they're under Tarkin's control, instead of Krennic, who was the actual director of the Advanced Weapons Research Technologies department of the Empire.

A sign of Tarkin taking direct control of the DS-I project?

Interestingly, this would actually move the timeline of the Imperial Gaming server forward, from 'just before Rogue One' to 'halfway through it', as Tarkin DOES take over AWRT from Krennic immediately after the destruction of Jedha's holy city.

2 hours ago, Barron said:

+1 Such a fantastic idea, would love to create RP with the group.

For the models, banks could commision one with the tarkins initiative logo on it.

Thank you, We'd love to create RP with you too. We have found a possible modeler already but I will keep it considered if this regiment is allowed.

19 hours ago, Priest said:

One research would take 2-3 weeks by itself with extensive role play around each research. The process would go something like this brainstorming, blueprints and planning, getting funding from high command, construction [Including ordering parts or acquiring them through events] , testing and research, blueprint and planning for commercial use [if testing was successful] and finally production. We have enough projects for a while and multiple people who are interested only in doing this as serious role play most played half life 2 role play before and if you have played that you can understand how serious people can take it.

I rly like this idea 1+

I'm not sure if this has already been said in this post but I'll say it just for kicks...

There is already over 15 other Regiments (Not sure about that number) why do we need to throw another one into the mix.

I honestly think putting more effort into filling the currently active/inactive regiments in the game would be a much more for filling experience rather then gathering a group of people willing to sit in a room all day long and use their sharply honed skills to create weapons or search steam all day to cram the forums with as much requests as possible.

Btw, minus the weapons research part, don't ISB already do this?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

+1

I really like this idea and the amount of effort that has been put into planning it, I would like to see it go ahead. However, I'd like to suggest some possible changes:

I feel like a job centred almost solely around RP would only have a niche amount of players who wouldn't get bored of the playstyle very quickly. Due to this, I think that dedicating an independent regiment to this would mean that it would be very difficult to keep it alive. Maybe if you organise the distribution of researchers like this it could reduce that issue:

• MHC/Navy oversees the research program as a whole and is responsible for testing and granting admission to those who wish to join the research team.
  • ISB features the Armour and Munitions Department.
  • MT features the Bioengineering and Medical Department.
  • Engineers feature the IT and Robotics Department.
  • To apply for any of these Departments you must first already hold a position within the relevant regiment according to the Department you wish to work within. Then you must organise an application with MHC/Navy.

I understand that the implementation of a system like this would limit the number of people that are eligible to apply for research positions.However, I believe that the 3 regiments I have allocated each Department to already currently feature large amounts of Passive RP and because of this, it's more likely that a heavily RP orientated role such as a Researcher would be more likely to actually be filled and used by members of each of these regiments.

Edited by RealMaurice
Spelling & Grammar; I also recognise that MHC may already have a lot on their plate regarding applications etc. so I added in the possibility of it being the responsibility of Navy instead.
On 22/11/2017 at 2:00 AM, |Stryker| said:

he charges a fair price 7USD a model but he is probably one of the best model makers on the workshop
Gonzo - http://steamcommunity.com/id/gonzomuppet/

That is a fantastic modeller. This could be the model for navy officers under the rank of petty officer? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1265123582

2 hours ago, Demonic said:

The initiative is already a thing...

@Demonic I know that, but my comment was regarding the whole dedicated researchers idea as I think it would add an extra role play element. I knew the TI was implemented but I would like to see the entire point of this post implemented.

Edited by Butcher232
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2017 at 2:37 PM, yahell1 said:

I'm not sure if this has already been said in this post but I'll say it just for kicks...

There is already over 15 other Regiments (Not sure about that number) why do we need to throw another one into the mix.

I honestly think putting more effort into filling the currently active/inactive regiments in the game would be a much more for filling experience rather then gathering a group of people willing to sit in a room all day long and use their sharply honed skills to create weapons or search steam all day to cram the forums with as much requests as possible.

Btw, minus the weapons research part, don't ISB already do this?

This

• Downvote 1
  • Whitey locked this topic