Tarkin Inititiative [Regiment Idea]

Me and a few friends have been working on an Idea for a new regiment and would like some feedback on what you think about the idea.

Here is the google document containing all the information:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V-6-TEbYn_3QvU1Wyto9QKHym5nrZ3PVRPzYyIi9XD0/edit?usp=sharing

Some information like clearance levels and what the ranks are equivalent to still needs to be added.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Upvote 4

Considering the concept of Galen Erso being a playable has been approved before (until nobody ended up playing as him for more than a day or so since there was no model of him), this fleshed out regiment/organisation sounds like a very useful addition to roleplay. The amount of variety in roleplay with the Engineers, ISB, droids and the like would be phenomenal. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Ridge said:

Would look really dank with some custom models.

I agree but sadly I do not know a modeler if anyone could refer me one I would be happy to buy some models off him/her. 

3 minutes ago, Chef said:

Considering the concept of Galen Erso being a playable has been approved before (until nobody ended up playing as him for more than a day or so since there was no model of him), this fleshed out regiment/organisation sounds like a very useful addition to roleplay. The amount of variety in roleplay with the Engineers, ISB, droids and the like would be phenomenal. 

I forgot about Galen Erso if we could get a proper model for him that would be fantastic. I'm happy you agree that this regiment would add to the roleplay of the server.

6 minutes ago, Priest said:

I agree but sadly I do not know a modeler if anyone could refer me one I would be happy to buy some models off him/her. 

he charges a fair price 7USD a model but he is probably one of the best model makers on the workshop
Gonzo - http://steamcommunity.com/id/gonzomuppet/

• Like 1

I mean, isn't engineers just a better version of this idea? Because already engineers work in AWRT (Adavnced weapon research team) which is close to what you want your idea to be. and  engineers they get tools and a DH-17 but if you were to add Tarkins initiative it's mainly comprised of only RP which is good on a serious Rp server but I'm gonna be honest. I don't see Tarkins Initiative being very popular on the server due to Engineers already being there, it's a nice idea lore wise and everything but I don't see it being popular.

My personal opinion so no hate plz.

+Positive I guess but good luck anyways man

16 minutes ago, Nightwing said:

I mean, isn't engineers just a better version of this idea? Because already engineers work in AWRT (Adavnced weapon research team) which is close to what you want your idea to be. and  engineers they get tools and a DH-17 but if you were to add Tarkins initiative it's mainly comprised of only RP which is good on a serious Rp server but I'm gonna be honest. I don't see Tarkins Initiative being very popular on the server due to Engineers already being there, it's a nice idea lore wise and everything but I don't see it being popular.

My personal opinion so no hate plz.

+Positive I guess but good luck anyways man

I already have a 3 friends ready to help out this regiment so I don't mind it not being to popular I know not everyone likes serious role play but that's how I would want to run the regiment as that's what people who would be interested in the regiment would like about it. Also the engineers build things and repair things on the ship while the Tarkin Initiative would be interested in discovering and researching new technology for the empire. The engineers require you to be a a good gmod builder but the Tarkin Initiative does not we only want people who can role play and make a story line for the regiment. We wish to not only do weapon research but any sort of research this could involve a Auto-adrenaline injector module for Storm trooper armour to Yuuzhan Vong genetic experimentation.

I understand on you worrying that this regiment may be unpopular but I think you will be surprised how many people would be interested in this sort role play.

• Like 1
On 22 November 2017 at 12:32 AM, Priest said:

I already have a 3 friends ready to help out this regiment so I don't mind it not being to popular I know not everyone likes serious role play but that's how I would want to run the regiment as that's what people who would be interested in the regiment would like about it. Also the engineers build things and repair things on the ship while the Tarkin Initiative would be interested in discovering and researching new technology for the empire. The engineers require you to be a a good gmod builder but the Tarkin Initiative does not we only want people who can role play and make a story line for the regiment. We wish to not only do weapon research but any sort of research this could involve a Auto-adrenaline injector module for Storm trooper armour to Yuuzhan Vong genetic experimentation.

Engineers are based on Rp, most engineers I know don't focus on building and aren't to good at building, and I still don't understand how the research you conduct will be any use in game, unless you are able to find an add on/make one of your own research it won't be very useful other than Rp that will be slowly forgotten.

Engineers are based on Rp, most engineers I know don't focus on building and aren't to good at building, and I still don't understand how the research you conduct will be any use in game, unless you are able to find an add on/make one of your own research it won't be very useful other than Rp that will be slowly forgotten.

It is a cool idea but we already have AWR in engineers. If you wanted that sorta RP join the engineers. They are looking for more people that want to do that sorta RP and not just building.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Nightwing said:

Also one thing if you want to try and get the reg added into the server post it on a support ticket on the donation page. Unless you want everyone's personal opinion before you do then it's fine to have it here.

Yes I was looking for people's opinion on it before I was going to look at adding it. 

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Nightwing said:

I don't believe the research we do has to result in any in game features I think it can solely be role play and still be interesting if the people doing it are committed to the story they are making on the server.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Cody said:

If it was to be maybe a sub divsion of Navy engineers with 4 slots or something It might be a good. But you will find after 2 weeks you will run out of RP no offence.

One research would take 2-3 weeks by itself with extensive role play around each research. The process would go something like this brainstorming, blueprints and planning, getting funding from high command, construction [Including ordering parts or acquiring them through events] , testing and research, blueprint and planning for commercial use [if testing was successful] and finally production. We have enough projects for a while and multiple people who are interested only in doing this as serious role play most played half life 2 role play before and if you have played that you can understand how serious people can take it.

25 minutes ago, Cody said:

It is a cool idea but we already have AWR in engineers. If you wanted that sorta RP join the engineers. They are looking for more people that want to do that sorta RP and not just building.

Engineers may roleplay but would you call scientists and engineers the same job in real life. They are very different roles with different role plays for players to perform and can both coexistent together on the server in my opinion

For the most part Caboose said that no more custom regiments were going to be accepted in accordance with the regimental cleanup planned 

But otherwise, I quite like the idea. I reckon make it similar / aligned with working AWR 

In response to the "We already have this" or "We can slightly change this" statement. 

I'd just like to offer an interesting example "Would you like the same plate of food, with slightly different herbs and spices. Or would you like to add a new plate of food"

Bit of an outreach, but i'd assume you get my point. As in theory marauders would have never existed if someone had slightly changed something

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, cast said:

For the most part Caboose said that no more custom regiments were going to be accepted in accordance with the regimental cleanup planned 

But otherwise, I quite like the idea. I reckon make it similar / aligned with working AWR 

In response to the "We already have this" or "We can slightly change this" statement. 

I'd just like to offer an interesting example "Would you like the same plate of food, with slightly different herbs and spices. Or would you like to add a new plate of food"

Bit of an outreach, but i'd assume you get my point. As in theory marauders would have never existed if someone had slightly changed something

Thank you for the great analogy also I did not hear about the regimental cleanup plan maybe an exception could be made and if not there is always another time in the future to create the regiment.

5 hours ago, Priest said:

Thank you for the great analogy also I did not hear about the regimental cleanup plan maybe an exception could be made and if not there is always another time in the future to create the regiment.

I do believe there are already dozens of other users who have been waiting for their custom regiments to be put on the server over the past couple of months, so considering that, there is very little chance that this will happen. Along with this, there are quite a few dead regiments at the moment that are already on the server so it would be best to get new commanders for those and ill them up instead of adding basically a new Engineering Division. I know, from when I was in ISB, that the Tarkin Initiative was/is already a roleplay thing that ISB and the Engineers did with various projects. A lot of the engineers who were a part of it LOVED deep roleplay but ended up leaving after a few weeks to it being boring and stale. Another small issue is that the current models you have suggested are generally used by special event characters such as Grand Admirals and what not as their clothes have a golden trim on them.

This Regiment has the Best law in my Opinion, It’s well thought out and seems really legit. That’s why I’m gonna say +Positive. I think we need more Roleplay based Regiments for people that like to do Roleplay because there’s already so many Fighting Attack Regiments already out there and I think another Good Roleplay Regiment should be aloud.

10 hours ago, Cody said:

Exactly what I was thinking.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, pinejack said:

I do believe there are already dozens of other users who have been waiting for their custom regiments to be put on the server over the past couple of months, so considering that, there is very little chance that this will happen. Along with this, there are quite a few dead regiments at the moment that are already on the server so it would be best to get new commanders for those and ill them up instead of adding basically a new Engineering Division. I know, from when I was in ISB, that the Tarkin Initiative was/is already a roleplay thing that ISB and the Engineers did with various projects. A lot of the engineers who were a part of it LOVED deep roleplay but ended up leaving after a few weeks to it being boring and stale. Another small issue is that the current models you have suggested are generally used by special event characters such as Grand Admirals and what not as their clothes have a golden trim on them.

I have thought about it and I am alright with it being a sub division for the engineers that does not bother me and I think it would work fine. For the models though they are place holders if we are allowed the regiment we would get these models edited to replace the gold trim with a blue trim and for the Tarkin Initiative symbol to be added to their models.

I made a quick Photoshop of what it would look like if we were to get the models.

2017-11-22 09_22_29-4000_screenshots_20171121192405_1.jpg @ 101% (Layer 1, RGB_8#) _.png

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Priest said:

I have thought about it and I am alright with it being a sub division for the engineers that does not bother me and I think it would work fine. For the models though they are place holders if we are allowed the regiment we would get these models edited to replace the gold trim with a blue trim and for the Tarkin Initiative symbol to be added to their models.

I made a quick Photoshop of what it would look like if we were to get the models.

2017-11-22 09_22_29-4000_screenshots_20171121192405_1.jpg @ 101% (Layer 1, RGB_8#) _.png

Looking good so far, good luck.

• Like 1
  • Whitey locked this topic