ShaBANG's Event Master Application

ShaBANG's Event Master Application

Steam Name:

ShaBANG

16 years old

Do you have a microphone that you can use regularly?

Yes, I always use my headset to talk, and it is high quality

Steam ID:

STEAM_0:1:79583765

In-game name and rank:

ShaBANG

Colonel in Storm Troopers

Personal Rank is 52

Also have Donator Rank

Time Played:

1 Week, 5 Days, 5 hours

Why are you applying for this position?:

I am applying for the position of Event Master because I can bring some new ideas and events to the community of Imperial Gaming. I really want to make stories and campaigns, that are interesting and not drawn out. There are a lot of good events, and some nice campaigns, but a lot of them are hard to describe as intense or “epic”, not to get me wrong though, as a lot of events do carry these traits, but I do believe that I can make all of my events grab the attention of players and give them something to remember.

How will allowing you to be apart of our staff team help us?:

Having me apart as Staff will help the you and the community, because I am not just looking to be an unenergetic member of staff. I can be fun loving and chill, but when the time is necessary, I will be serious about any important scenarios. I also am not just looking to be a forgetful Event Master, but someone who helps out wherever he can and has a good attitude towards the community.

Have you been an Event Master on previous servers? If so please list them:

No I haven’t. But I have a strong idea on how being an Event Master works

Have you had any warnings, kicks or bans if so please list them:

I have 2 inactive warnings.

1 for pressing the Lock down button when first joining

1 for FailRP

What can you do to make events more enjoyable and attract more people?:

My events would be exciting, and I intend to make every one different, but also have them tied together, while not making it necessary to  have been in any other ones. I also want to be very energetic in my “performances” as other characters. As an actor myself, I can say that this hook people into the event, rather than them thinking it is a chore. I will also make it my top priority to make sure my events are the highest quality they can be, and also have multiple thought out paths so if something goes wrong, there is a backup plan, to make it seem like it was meant to happen. This in my eyes is crucially important, because I do not want to have to make the troopers work like a program, and be told to do every single little thing. I want the plays to feel like they have initiative in their decisions, and if they make a wrong or right choice, there is a thought out plan to keep the event going smooth.  

Anything else you would like to add:

Just please do not get me confused with ShaBONG in this scenario haha.

In all seriousness, I feel like I am becoming a more trusted and loved member of the community, and I am happy to see that people are really liking my attitude.

Thank you to everyone taking the time to read this.

I really hope this works out well. xD

Two different example events that you will do if you get accepted for the position of Event Master:

Event 1 Title: JEDI INVASION/”Hide and Seek”

Rules: Onship event, intense, Half Passive (no shooting), setup: 5 - 10 minutes (no one would know though), actual event time: 25 - 30 minutes, total time: 30 - 40 minutes, no NPC’s.

Main Character(s):

Character Name: (Yet to be added)

Health: 999999 HP (Cannot be killed)

Weapon: Double Bladed Light Saber

Role: Jedi

Part 1

A Rebel X-Wing has just entered our Star Destroyer's range of detection. A feeling of dread moves throughout the ship, as the lights start to die (if possible). The X-Wing begins to move towards MH1, and we are able to identify the pilot; A Legendary Jedi (Yet to be named). Unready for battle, and emergency message has come over the voice COMMS stating: "This is not a drill. An incredibly dangerous jedi is boarding the ship. He is armed with a lightsaber. We have our defenses lowered, and we can do nothing to stop him. Our numbers don't match his ability. This is an emergency message; find a secure location on the ship, and HIDE. You can go anywhere, nowhere is off limits. Do not move unless forced out. Do NOT SHOOT. Hide until further instruction." At this point, Troops disband all formation and locate a secure hiding spot.

Part 2

The Jedi will come aboard, with enough health to survive anything. He will then brush through the ship, not checking EVERY nook and cranny, but checking the obvious hiding spots and Halls. After seemingly not showing any indication of leaving, a plan is devised for all troopers to lure him as best they can to Tie Bays, all the Sith will be waiting, “All troopers, it seems as if the Jedi is not leaving, we have a plan. All troopers, attempt to lure him to the Tie Bays, and all Sith, make your way to the Tie Bays and hide until further instruction!”  The Sith will then push the Jedi towards the Tie Bay doors, which will then be opened, and he will be pushed out into the vacuum of space. The troopers will then report to debrief, and be dispatched to look for any devices he may have left. (Other parts include troopers evacuating because they cannot correctly lure him or hide)

Summary:

This will really push players to a stressful limit, and hopefully give them fear. It is different and unique, which is why I think players will really enjoy the event.

Event 2 Title: Sneaking into a Rebel outpost

Rules: Off-ship Event, Steal mission/"Tense", Aggressive (weapons out), Setup: 15 mins (Player will be watching TV) Actual Event: 30 - 50 mins, Debrief: 5 - 15 mins, A few Rebel NPCs, mixed with a few real players.

Main Character(s):

Character Name: Juggernaut/Admiral Shah

Health: 9000 HP/ 100 HP (won't battle)

Weapon: DLT/DH-17

Role: Enemy (Rebel)/Ally (Admiral)

Part 1

After the invasion of the Jedi, the Imperials have planned a counter attack on a nearby Rebel outpost on a jungle planet. It is apparent that the Rebels will be on guard, so the objective is to not go in Rambo style, but to use stealth and be sneaky. The objective will be to surround the rebel base, and take them all out at once from the cover of the forest. Initially, killing the Rebels will be easy, however, the rebels have a secret weapon. Not only will there be X-Wing doing strafes  above,  but there will be a rebel juggernaut. Slow moving with a heavy, full auto blaster. The idea is we destroy all the rebels, have pilots dealing to the X-Wings, effectively having an Air-borne dogfight above our heads, adding to the "epicness" of the scene.

Part 2

After the Juggernaut is gone, and the X-Wings are dealt with, we will raid the base for any intel, and find schematics for a new type of mech suit the Rebels are designing. It will be taken back to base and examined by a weapons expert. Debrief will commence and the event is over.

Summary:

This will press the player's patience and discipline, as we approach the base, and surround it secretly. This idea works for a story, and newcomers. I feel as though this event has a good structure, and can lead to a bigger story.

Edit: I know this is very uncessacary, but I just wanted to add that while being an event master, I will be having a blast! I think it is so fun interacting and making things for the community, and if I get this position, it would make the experience of not just me, but everyone! Thank you again!! 

+1

ShaBANG has become a very trustworthy and mature person since his beginning on Imperial Gaming (which was quite a mingey one). He has grown into quite the responsible person and I would be more than pleased to have him as an Event Master on this server. However, the application itself is somewhat short but has detail to it. What would also assist in decision making for other people is adding what the event characters statistics will be, and what model it will use.

For Example

Character Name: Sector General Adam

Model: models/player/jrpc/jin.mdl

Health: 1500 HP

Weapon(s): Imperial Disruptor and DT-29

Role: Ally*

Also, another thing you can include is stages which you can split the event up into so its more understandable. Have a look at other EM applications that have been accepted and you will understand what I mean by this. 

Goodluck.

Thanks, 
Tackxo

*You can also change the Role to include Enemy, Neutral, Sith, Jedi, or whatever you want.

• Upvote 1

NEUTRAL - Your application is well written but the events you have come up with are not very good (in my opinion). There would be no reason, with the number of troopers and Sith aboard the ship that we wouldn't be able to kill him. You state in the event that it is some legendary Jedi, but later on, in the event, you state that it is Luke Skywalker, which doesn't match up with the servers current timeline as Luke is still a moister farmer on Tatooine at this time. You then say that everyone on the ship should then go ahead and hide wherever they want (nowhere is off-limits) which I beleive would cause a lot of mingery and people going places they are normally NOT meant to be in order to 'hide'. The whole hide and seek aspect seems more of a late night mess-around event compared to an actual prime-time event.

The second event is alright, but as far as I can read, it is just a normal stocks standard 'Assault the Rebel Compound' type events. I also noticed through these two events that you are quite heavily relying on the troopers to be roleplaying correctly, listening to every order and using basic common sense, which will NEVER happen during an event. I can list several events that have happened this past week alone where the EM in charge has had to redo the entire event because troopers can't listen to simple orders, let alone execute them. 

14 minutes ago, [IG] Tackxo said:

For Example

Thank you so much for the feedback, I've touched up my Application a bit

xD

19 minutes ago, [IG] Tackxo said:

+1

ShaBANG has become a very trustworthy and mature person since his beginning on Imperial Gaming (which was quite a mingey one). He has grown into quite the responsible person and I would be more than pleased to have him as an Event Master on this server. However, the application itself is somewhat short but has detail to it. What would also assist in decision making for other people is adding what the event characters statistics will be, and what model it will use.

For Example

Also, another thing you can include is stages which you can split the event up into so its more understandable. Have a look at other EM applications that have been accepted and you will understand what I mean by this. 

Goodluck.

this sums it up

7 minutes ago, Fox said:

troopers dont follow orders well so it may end in a catastrophe.

100% Agreed, however the way I'm going to try and counteract this is with thinking about all things that could go wrong before hand. Obviously I can't think of everything so mistakes will happen xD

Thank you so much for reading my app xDxD

I have known ShaBANG for most of his time on this server I did so by trialling him into 212th, I do have to Agree he was a Minge when I found him but through a lot of training by A lot I mean A lot I finally got him and ShaBONG to stop and really enjoy this server for what it should be so for right now I’m going to give ShaBANG +Positive because of reasons stated above and his Appilication is well structured, Understandable, Well Formatted and his Attitude towards other players is Absolutely Great he really knows how to connect to other players as he has done with many players on this Server. ShaBANG isn’t a Calm Shy type of person he seems to love chatting and talking with different people. Good Luck my Good Friend

Edited by Wombatiacus
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, Wombatiacus said:

I have known ShaBANG for most of his time on this server I did so by trialling him into 212th, I do have to Agree he was a Minge when I found him but through a lot of train by A lot I mean A lot I finally got him and ShaBONG to stop and really enjoy this server so for right now I’m going to give ShaBANG +Positive because of reason stated above and his Appilication is well structured, Understandable, Well Formatted and his Attitude towards other players is Absolutely Great he really knows how to connect to other players as he has done with many players on this Server. ShaBANG isn’t a Calm Shy type of person he seems to love chatting and talking with different people. Good Luck my Good Friend

+1 ShaBANG is a pretty cool dude that I would trust to see him make amazing events. Good luck mate.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, pinejack said:

NEUTRAL - Your application is well written but the events you have come up with are not very good (in my opinion). There would be no reason, with the number of troopers and Sith aboard the ship that we wouldn't be able to kill him. You state in the event that it is some legendary Jedi, but later on, in the event, you state that it is Luke Skywalker, which doesn't match up with the servers current timeline as Luke is still a moister farmer on Tatooine at this time. You then say that everyone on the ship should then go ahead and hide wherever they want (nowhere is off-limits) which I beleive would cause a lot of mingery and people going places they are normally NOT meant to be in order to 'hide'. The whole hide and seek aspect seems more of a late night mess-around event compared to an actual prime-time event.

The second event is alright, but as far as I can read, it is just a normal stocks standard 'Assault the Rebel Compound' type events. I also noticed through these two events that you are quite heavily relying on the troopers to be roleplaying correctly, listening to every order and using basic common sense, which will NEVER happen during an event. I can list several events that have happened this past week alone where the EM in charge has had to redo the entire event because troopers can't listen to simple orders, let alone execute them. 

Completely agree with Pinejack, couldn’t have said it any better. 

NEUTRAL - Pinejack said it really well, however I would like to add a few points from myself.

THE GOOD:

• Event 1 is rather unique, however will have to be carefully planned an executed at the right time to work.
  • Event 2 has a lot going on, and having an event that is simply 'breach and clear' with a few extra elements is good because people understand what is going on much better.

THE BAD:

• Being able to hind anywhere in Event 1 is going to be a nightmare. I can tell you right now that the Death Troopers won't be letting anyone in to ISB, nor will MHC or the Bridge. I doubt the Engine Room will be open either, leaving practically nowhere for people to effectively hide. The only way this can work is if it is done at midnight with low player count where entering those places won't really matter. And I can guarantee that there will be some players that will simply try and kill the Jedi the entire time he is on the ship. In summary, this is not an event to be done between 3-9.
  • Event 2, while being a basic 'raid the base' event, is going to have to be an event with another Event Master to help you. I understand that you want many elements to your events, but let me tell you from experience, the more elements you have, the more stressful running an event becomes. We are all happy to help out anywhere that needs it, however, so it could go alright.

Your a great guy, and a great roleplayer, however in my opinion, the events would need to be adjusted before I change to +1.  The first event is a unique idea, however the specifics of how the event plays out would need to be different. If you need help with brainstorming, ask a current Event Master and I'm sure they'd let you bounce ideas of them and get feedback from someone with experience. The second event is good because it is familiar to many players, often simple events work the best. However, adding extra elements on top of this, such as the dogfight in the sky above the ground battle would almost make it feel like a Battlefront match. Regardless, take what I have said on board as simply constructive criticism. I have no doubt that you have what it takes to be an Event Master, however talking to current Event Masters would be the best way to improve this application.  

• Upvote 1

Neutral, Lincoln sums Up why nicely. I can imagine the events especially number 2 would be a nightmare to pull off. They are great events and great ideas, your well known and a good RP-er but the events need some clarification on how and have a few more specifics before i can change to +1

• Upvote 1

I think he got busy with life for a few days. +1 to this the events are good. More importantly SHAbang is a good mature guy with a good mindset towards EM. I think he'd also be good with others and would do very good things.

And I'm not stirring up an argument but I'm going to point one thing out.

Stop expecting everyone who applies for EM to make 2 great, unique events. Events by EM are still more average than they are unique and that's not a bad thing considering the quality they put into it. I don't think it's about making the best, most unique mission for the troopers to go on. It should also have thought put in for the detail of an event. Execution aswell planning.