Jump Trooper Loadout

Hi all,

With SWBF2 Origin/EA access out, we finally get to see some insight into a regiment that is barely shown from the Star Wars universe, being the Jump Troopers.
We finally get to see which iconic gun the jump troopers start with on loadout. 2822dfd55e.jpg

And there winner is the RT-97C.
I'm proposing a weapon update for JT to better reflect the loadout shown in SWBF2.
The first thing being the RT-97C to replace the E-11. Now the second thing is that Jump Troopers are known for having rocket launchers. Now I know that it would not be a good idea to give troopers rocket launchers. But we also see in the star wars rebel series the Jump Troopers taking on the Millennium Falcon with thermal detonators. Possibly a compromise. I would only recommend the grenades for OC+ to be used in the correct fashion.

This is only a rough idea for the loadout, I'm actually looking for feedback from the community on how to better this before I actually request the loadout change.

Thanks,
JT Commander LePaul

23 minutes ago, goliath said:

+1 for RT-97C

-1 for grenades (would ruin 31st specialization, to overpowered for regiment with extreme mobility and altitude control)

They can always add a new addon that brings in new explosive type weaponry for 31st for them to be more enjoyable for people who joins the regiment if the jump troopers get grenades. And remember that all ST's have thermal detonators on their back so adding grenades (not for every regiment) will kind of be more lore friendly. But I can see where you are coming from they can add rules to the jump troopers if they get grenades like "No using the grenades while using jet packs or while jet packs are on" something on the lines of that.

21 minutes ago, Banks said:

They can always add a new addon that brings in new explosive type weaponry for 31st for them to be more enjoyable for people who joins the regiment if the jump troopers get grenades. And remember that all ST's have thermal detonators on their back so adding grenades (not for every regiment) will kind of be more lore friendly. But I can see where you are coming from they can add rules to the jump troopers if they get grenades like "No using the grenades while using jet packs or while jet packs are on" something on the lines of that.

The issue with that is how hard it would be to police. It would become the new 'no tasers during events' which has been a rule for over 6 months now, but still happens during most events. Think about it from the 31st's positions. JT would become a better version of 31st with better guns, same explosives AND access to Jetpacks.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, pinejack said:

If you want the opinions of people, ask members of your regiment and when you are ready, make a support ticket, or contact a higher staff member, not a public forum post.

I have asked them. Been talking to Hunter, James, Weedle and The Real Bob. They think it's a great idea but it could be a biased idea. That's why I want some more experience opinions.

+1 The RT-97C would be a great addition for the Jump Troopers, they are an underrated regiment.

I believe that instead of grenades, a one-shot RPS-6 rocket launcher would be a good, aerial high-damage and besieging weapon for the Jump Troopers. This rocket launcher will be modified so that it cannot have any more ammo added to it, even by Medic resupplys. If a rocket launcher is out of the question, perhaps one Detonator would be a good replacement.

I believe that the health of the Jump Troopers should stay the same however, only the arsenal would be upgraded. Edit: Subsequently the 31st should have their health increased. This is would be a balanced buff for the Jump Troopers.

Edited by Chef
  • Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Chef said:

+1 The RT-97C would be a great addition for the Jump Troopers, they are an underrated regiment.

I believe that instead of grenades, a one-shot RPS-6 rocket launcher would be a good, aerial high-damage and besieging weapon for the Jump Troopers. This rocket launcher will be modified so that it cannot have any more ammo added to it, even by Medic resupplys. If a rocket launcher is out of the question, perhaps one Detonator would be a good replacement.

I believe that the health of the Jump Troopers should stay the same however, only the arsenal would be upgraded. Edit: Subsequently the 31st should have their health increased. This is would be a balanced buff for the Jump Troopers.

Those are some interesting and good ideas, Chef. As commander I would limit the rocket launchers or grenades still to SGT+ rank, maybe OC+ if SGTs abuse it. I also think that the explosives would be used in different circumstances to how the 31st would use them. Based off what JT do in Star Wars Rebels, their explosive kit is more anti-vehicle and anti-air as JT are mobile and can get into position to use them. In SWBF2, their rocket can be used for anti-personal but it's best used against vehicles, as you often miss infantry. 31st have more controlled explosions, blasting through doors, terrain and blowing up objectives(like facilities). There will be a clear use of explosives from JT if we were even given them, only to be used under certain circumstances, and other regiments that specialize in explosives will always have priority.

Something I also forgot to touch on was how Jump Troopers are currently played, so I'll do that now. As a JT currently, you fly to a far location and start sniping with no real threat to yourself other than fall damage. If we could change the loadout to a more close range combat for JT, not adjusting health by any means, because we are incredibly mobile, I think it would be better for not just the JTs but also the event characters. I personally haven't come across JT as an event character but I know how hard it is for them to kill JT. Would also mean JT would have to stick closer to the action and stay with the majority of the Imperial forces instead of rolling out to a distance and sniping. 
- Something to note of the side of this, changing the kit from long range sniping to short-mid range without changing health means JT are going to be more prone to death. It's a trade off we're willing to make.

• Upvote 1

I was the one that twisted caboose's arm into giving you guys pulse cannons (you're welcome)

However the RT may be a stretch.

You guys are very fragile, hence why I proposed pulse cannons in opposition to the latter. Tbh I think your loadout is beyond great, and the server's known for stretching the lore a bit, so I think you should stay where you are unless a health buff is added. (which is as unlikely as it was the last time I asked caboose)

Just now, draKe said:

I was the one that twisted caboose's arm into giving you guys pulse cannons (you're welcome)

You guys are very fragile, hence why I proposed pulse cannons in opposition to the latter. Tbh I think your loadout is beyond great, and the server's known for stretching the lore a bit, so I think you should stay where you are unless a health buff is added. (which is as unlikely as it was the last time I asked caboose)

ALSO, coming off of chef's idea, you'd be in a perfect position to rain down hell with a launcher, so why not? 

Each regiment is MEANT to have a specialty, and by a specialty, I mean one. Shock police the ship, 442nd has shields, 31st has grenades, Shadow has cloaks, and JT has their jetpacks. Giving them another regiment's specialty item would, in my eyes, not be fair on that regiment that now loses their 'specialty'.

On 12/11/2017 at 7:20 AM, LePaul said:

Those are some interesting and good ideas, Chef. As commander I would limit the rocket launchers or grenades still to SGT+ rank, maybe OC+ if SGTs abuse it. I also think that the explosives would be used in different circumstances to how the 31st would use them. Based off what JT do in Star Wars Rebels, their explosive kit is more anti-vehicle and anti-air as JT are mobile and can get into position to use them. In SWBF2, their rocket can be used for anti-personal but it's best used against vehicles, as you often miss infantry. 31st have more controlled explosions, blasting through doors, terrain and blowing up objectives(like facilities). There will be a clear use of explosives from JT if we were even given them, only to be used under certain circumstances, and other regiments that specialize in explosives will always have priority.

Something I also forgot to touch on was how Jump Troopers are currently played, so I'll do that now. As a JT currently, you fly to a far location and start sniping with no real threat to yourself other than fall damage. If we could change the loadout to a more close range combat for JT, not adjusting health by any means, because we are incredibly mobile, I think it would be better for not just the JTs but also the event characters. I personally haven't come across JT as an event character but I know how hard it is for them to kill JT. Would also mean JT would have to stick closer to the action and stay with the majority of the Imperial forces instead of rolling out to a distance and sniping. 
- Something to note of the side of this, changing the kit from long range sniping to short-mid range without changing health means JT are going to be more prone to death. It's a trade off we're willing to make.

If this was ever implemented which is highly unlikely (the rpg's) martibo would make it colonel or high colonel+ maybe even commander+.

23 hours ago, pinejack said:

Each regiment is MEANT to have a specialty, and by a specialty, I mean one. Shock police the ship, 442nd has shields, 31st has grenades, Shadow has cloaks, and JT has their jetpacks. Giving them another regiment's specialty item would, in my eyes, not be fair on that regiment that now loses their 'specialty'.

Yet we can be denied our specialty (Jetpacks) by event masters. We're half special. We become STs with Pulse cannons when this happens. The denying of Jetpacks on most maps is insulting to me as a commander as they think I cannot command my Regiment. They will happily give rocket boots to cad bane, a jetpack to the MHC droid, yet their own troopers who are trained to use them and will follow orders are denied them. Riddle me that Batman.

23 hours ago, draKe said:

Honestly, why they have pulse cannons is beyond me. In events I just sit back and head poke from cliffs and the event characters can't deal with me. 

I'm trying to get JT changed to their Canon. You think a JT with a grenade is OP, come vs me with a Pulse cannon. Highly mobile instant 200% damage, it's very difficult to deal with. Also, jedi/sith event characters cannot touch us. If you hear a Saber, hold space and problem solved. U just leave and go snipe somewhere else.

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, LePaul said:

Yet we can be denied our specialty (Jetpacks) by event masters. We've half special. We become STs with Pulse cannons when this happens. The denying of Jetpacks on most maps is insulting to me as a commander as they think I cannot command my Regiment. They will happily give rocket boots to cad bane, a jetpack to the MHC droid, yet their own troopers who are trained to use them and will follow orders are denied them. Riddle me that Batman.

Honestly, why they have pulse cannons is beyond me. In events I just sit back and head poke from cliffs and the event characters can't deal with me. 

I'm trying to get Jetpacks changed to their Canon, because at the moment. You think a JT with a grenade is OP, come vs me with a Pulse cannon. Shit's fucked.

Yeah man, tbh, I think the E-33 or Westar would suit nicely, best of luck 

• Advisor
On 11/11/2017 at 9:48 PM, Chef said:

The problem with Rocket Launchers is that they have a tendency to crash players in a wide area of where it lands. This happens i say 20% of time however in events with over 80 people its percentage rate goes up. 

On 11/11/2017 at 2:17 PM, goliath said:

+1 for RT-97C

-1 for grenades (would ruin 31st specialization, to overpowered for regiment with extreme mobility and altitude control)

Exactly ^

+1 for RT-97C 

-1 for Grenades

There are heaps of regiments with the DLT/RT. So -1 to all accounts for me sorry.
Otherwise we might as well be giving everyone BUT the Stormtroopers Rapid-firing weapons and that'd make Stormtroopers hate being Stormtroopers, possibly making some leave or making many complain about regiments being full because everyone will want to join regiments just for the weapons, not the lore or their role on the ship. Like you guys already get jump packs, capable of getting into spots where you can get kills easier over other regiments. Why would it be fair to give even bigger guns + Grenades, to spam at the Event characters practically, making it unfair both on event characters and other regiments. Like look at navy, they get a rapid fire pistol that is practically useless without the rapid fire feature, it's like saying if you guys were to give them detonator packs and DLT-19s, and say they can fly ships, it gives them things that other regiments get thus nullifying the job of other regiments because the NAVY can just do the Military's job instead as well as make Pilots useless when the NAVY can do their job.

Jump Troopers are already well off at the moment, don't think I'm trying to get to you either, I'm just saying. Look you guys got enough especially with the jump packs, let some other regiments get that firepower, you guys do fine as it is.

I'm sorry if this came off as like I'm trying to attack anyone or just say something to put others up, I'm just voicing my opinion and what I've come to see, I'm not trying to hurt anyone and don't take this negatively. Just take it however you need to, without interfering in each others opinions :) (As in don't start an argument please, this is about Jump troopers, not a Debate club, sorry)

15 hours ago, Kestoren said:

There are heaps of regiments with the DLT/RT. So -1 to all accounts for me sorry.
Otherwise we might as well be giving everyone BUT the Stormtroopers Rapid-firing weapons and that'd make Stormtroopers hate being Stormtroopers, possibly making some leave or making many complain about regiments being full because everyone will want to join regiments just for the weapons, not the lore or their role on the ship. Like you guys already get jump packs, capable of getting into spots where you can get kills easier over other regiments. Why would it be fair to give even bigger guns + Grenades, to spam at the Event characters practically, making it unfair both on event characters and other regiments. Like look at navy, they get a rapid fire pistol that is practically useless without the rapid fire feature, it's like saying if you guys were to give them detonator packs and DLT-19s, and say they can fly ships, it gives them things that other regiments get thus nullifying the job of other regiments because the NAVY can just do the Military's job instead as well as make Pilots useless when the NAVY can do their job.

Jump Troopers are already well off at the moment, don't think I'm trying to get to you either, I'm just saying. Look you guys got enough especially with the jump packs, let some other regiments get that firepower, you guys do fine as it is.

I'm sorry if this came off as like I'm trying to attack anyone or just say something to put others up, I'm just voicing my opinion and what I've come to see, I'm not trying to hurt anyone and don't take this negatively. Just take it however you need to, without interfering in each others opinions :) (As in don't start an argument please, this is about Jump troopers, not a Debate club, sorry)

"Jump Troopers are already well off at the moment, don't think I'm trying to get to you either, I'm just saying. Look you guys got enough especially with the jump packs, let some other regiments get that firepower, you guys do fine as it is." I'd be fine with this if we weren't denied jetpacks 85% of the time. But the facts are, we are not special, we do not have jump packs regularly enough. 

"Why would it be fair to give even bigger guns + Grenades, to spam at the Event characters practically, making it unfair both on event characters and other regiments." Not the intentions of the explosives. I stated above, they're not anti-personal explosives. In Star wars rebels we see JT use thermal detonators vs the Millennium Falcon . I want to use the explosives when our air space is invaded. To infiltrate their main ship and destroy from the inside whilst pilots engage the rebel pilots, which JT have successfully done in a mission before by JT Hunter.

Only Jump Tooper Footage from star wars Rebels. The explosives are given to HCOL+ to be trusted to use in only RP situations if granted permission to do so. I would not trust these to lower ranks. The only regiment you can compare this to of explosive use to is maybe inferno squad.

• Whitey locked this topic