Whats your backstory??

Hello All

I have thought about doing this forum post for awhile so I am doing it now I guess.

OK so as the title says what is your backstory? Please leave it in the  comments.

My backstory:

So i am in 4th grade and I am getting bullied because I like star wars. So I decided to play on Garry's mod on a SWRP so I was scrolling thought the server and I found Imperial Gaming and it had 50 people on. And I had the best trainer which was RST possibly @ANiX. Any way I joined 31st when I was fresh out of the recruit room i made it in but I did not last long. Then I Joined ISB I was ISB Secretary Dominus. (Dominus was my old steam name)

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My name crispin   I join and @Guskywalker saw how good I was and begged me to join DT and I joined and then I got them promotions and shit and then I left for SG when @GranolaBar was command

Ok. So here we go.   I started Star Wars Role Play in December 2015 starting with Poseidon Clone Wars Role Play. I met a LOT of friends there but I was Extremely mingey back then and never m

Ok, My turn, I joined Imperial Gaming Star wars RP at the beggining of febuary this year, I first joined Medics, then left to join navy the navy admiral at the time did not read the 15 reports I made

1 hour ago, Dracks said:

Hello All

I have thought about doing this forum post for awhile so I am doing it now I guess.

OK so as the title says what is your backstory? Please leave it in the  comments.

My backstory:

So i am in 4th grade and I am getting bullied because I like star wars. So I decided to play on Garry's mod on a SWRP so I was scrolling thought the server and I found Imperial Gaming and it had 50 people on. And I had the best trainer which was RST possibly @ANiX. Any way I joined 31st when I was fresh out of the recruit room i made it in but I did not last long. Then I Joined ISB I was ISB Secretary Dominus. (Dominus was my old steam name)

Those kids like stargate or whatever that shit is called... StarWars is where its at, Stay true to that.

• Upvote 2

I think this is a good idea and given not a lot of people know my backstory ill go on to tell it.

I joined the server in mid-February, I ended up getting trained by Stevo, a few days later after playing around, I joined the medical troopers. A little after a week later navy tryouts where announced and I decided to give it a go, knowing near to nothing about navy expect for a bit of lore here and there to my surprise I was accepted. At that time little did I know 8 months later I would become a Rear Admiral and still love my job today and meet so many great people.

8 minutes ago, |Stryker| said:

Those kids like stargate or whatever that shit is called... StarWars is where its at, Stay true to that.

I think the word your looking for is stupid

I'm not sure if this is for posting our OOC backstory on the server like with Qteks or if its for our in-character backstory... if it's in-character, I'll have to dedicate a whole forum thread for that or maybe even a Google Docs link xD

Okay, I joined at bout this time last year, when the server was just getting started (just around Rogue One I think).  First thing I did was become a Shore Trooper as that is what papa @Gamma was at the time.  This is when I saw ISB Midshipman Nero holding tryouts.  I got in to ISB as a Senior Crewman due to my skill and knowledge.  About a week later I went to @Kosmos (who was Vader at the time) and convinced him to let me take charge of ISB as Nero was inactive.  I also got permission to separate the ISB from navy and was made its first director, "Director Firmus Myr".  After a long tenure as director Firmus, I donated $50 to have Krennic put on the server and become the job.  After a while, Kosmos liked the look of Krennic and offered me a deal, swap my Krennic for his Grand Moff Tarkin.  I took the deal in a heartbeat.  After about a month as Tarkin (where I redid the servers rank system, the foundation of the one we use today), I willingly stepped down to a navy Captain (Kameda) due to school.  Eventually, after a few months break and IG Halo RP, I founded SOR as its martial with @Caboose.  It failed miserably.  I took another break and then became a saber guard, eventually being named the SG commander.  Bored of that, I took on the position of Pilot commander, and then went inactive for about a month  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.  From here, I joined the ISB and worked my way up from the bottom to the position of Senior Agent.  After a *small* falling out with @Pablo regarding his leadership style (still love you buddy), I became an Incinerator trooper.  From there I joined the Storm Marines, the role I am in now.  It has been a great journey in all branches and ranks, and to this day I still enjoy and love the server and community that is IG.

Edit:

I think I was a shock SGT somewhere in there, IDK when.

• Upvote 2

Whoever picks on you because of your opinions is a moron.

I joined the server about a month ago, minged a little, and tried and tried for regiments. It was about my 5th regiment that i tried for as an ST, and i happened to get into RST, back when Arkas was the commander.
After a while Arkas stepped down, and Demonic stepped up, during this time i was trying for Royal and Shadow Guard whenever. I got kicked out of RST, put back in by Revan, and then left to get into Terror Troopers. 

I ended up leaving Terror Troopers, and even though i sucked so much at dueling, I weened through on the interviews for Shadow Guard tryouts. Shadow Guard was seriously the best community of people I've been around, but like with everything, I shortly after got bored. I left Shadow Guard to get where I am today, Pilot.

I've been enjoying my time in Pilot so far, with Apollo and Galactic, I don't think I'll get bored for a while, so you can expect to see flying around.

What are your backstories?

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, goliath said:

Okay, I joined at bout this time last year, when the server was just getting started (just around Rogue One I think).  First thing I did was become a Shore Trooper as that is what papa @Gamma was at the time.  This is when I saw ISB Midshipman Nero holding tryouts.  I got in to ISB as a Senior Crewman due to my skill and knowledge.  About a week later I went to @Kosmos (who was Vader at the time) and convinced him to let me take charge of ISB as Nero was inactive.  I also got permission to separate the ISB from navy and was made its first director, "Director Firmus Myr".  After a long tenure as director Firmus, I donated $50 to have Krennic put on the server and become the job.  After a while, Kosmos liked the look of Krennic and offered me a deal, swap my Krennic for his Grand Moff Tarkin.  I took the deal in a heartbeat.  After about a month as Tarkin (where I redid the servers rank system, the foundation of the one we use today), I willingly stepped down to a navy Captain (Kameda) due to school.  Eventually, after a few months break and IG Halo RP, I founded SOR as its martial with @Caboose.  It failed miserably.  I took another break and then became a saber guard, eventually being named the SG commander.  Bored of that, I took on the position of Pilot commander, and then went inactive for about a month  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.  From here, I joined the ISB and worked my way up from the bottom to the position of Senior Agent.  After a *small* falling out with @Pablo regarding his leadership style (still love you buddy), I became an Incinerator trooper.  From there I joined the Storm Marines, the role I am in now.  It has been a great journey in all branches and ranks, and to this day I still enjoy and love the server and community that is IG.

Edit:

I think I was a shock SGT somewhere in there, IDK when.

Sounds like you've made some friends hahaha

• Upvote 1

Got bored one day, saw that the server had people on it, hoped on the server. Kassius trained me for 5 seconds before realising who I was and then refused to train me. Still to this day I have never been properly trained. Didn't even do a SGT or OC test either.

Got promoted up to CPL in a day, left for about 2 weeks, came back and got to MSGT within 3 days.

And the rest is boring history because apparently nobody cares about the ST's besides me and the current ST's.

Also my PC is almost finished, so I'll be back on Sunday/Monday.

Well. Back in January, myself and a mate from school went from server to server minging and getting warned/banned. This was the first Star Wars RP server we hit. I remember talking to Kosmos till he ripped me a new one, and I remember being quite nasty to some people. Then I just fell in love with it.

I am still being bullied from my friends at school for loving it.

But hey, I love it. And personally, I wouldn't trade the time on the server for anything. 

Regardless,

I love you all, for making 2017 a great year!

Love,

Maxine.

My Backstory:

I was at school with a friend just watching some YouTube videos and on my recommended it came up with some GMOD Videos so he asked do i play it and i said no. Then we got to our next class and we were watching some more videos and he said you should get it is fun im an admin for a server so i said okay (didn't know what server at all just got it :P ) . So after downloading gmod for a couple hours i finally got it and started playing he invited me to his server which was Posiden Clone Wars RP, after playing for about an hour or so he talked to one of his friends which was the CMDR of 5th fleet about me joining and he was a very cool guy about it and let me in (His Name Was Graak, I Think), after playing there till they shut it down i stopped playing gmod and was playing more cs.

After playing CS for a long time i came up with a lot of random friends and one of which was @Martibo, and one afternoon i thought i would go onto gmod to see if there was any good SWRP servers and i saw this person named martibo playing Imperial Gaming, So i joined and it was event so my training was very fast and i got to run around not knowing what to do at all, After that event i was offered tryouts by a Shock trooper so i was like sure not like ive been 5th fleet already whats the difference, after going through the tryouts i saw RST holding tryouts i ask what do RST do?, The person said they are a sith guarding regiment that are allowed at sith temple and thats when i said im leaving to tryout for RST. I got into RST rather easy since @wflizzi was the CMDR.

That is basicly the backstory of me join so i hope my writing wasnt too shit xD 

Thanks For Reading, Have A Good One

ANiX

I first came onto the server in idk April? and I ended up taking the name of Toastee. After a few hours on the server I got bored and stole the Lambda during an event, but dc'ed before I could get banned..... After that, I went to another server and ended up becoming Co Owner, then left that community to come back to IG and give it a serious go. One day, Navy tryouts were called and, like Qteks, decided to give it a go. My first time trying out I was not accepted but I was determined to get in. The second time I tried out I ended up getting in and later became Chief. After I got Chief, I decided to leave again and go back to the old server, and ended up getting Community Manager - which I am still. But after a month or two I ended up coming back to IG again. Almost as soon as I get on, Qteks pm's me and asks if I would like to join Navy again. After thinking about it for a day or so, I joined Navy - again. Met some awesome people and I have now got to Lieutenant and became the XO of the regiment. 

But anyway that is my story on IG and I am looking forward to finding out more about everyone.

Well, I joined Imperial Gaming in January of 2017 after a hiatus of playing Garry's Mod and Star Wars games in general. Before then, I had been focusing on trading in Team Fortress 2 on the EGC community and been playing other games I had played when I was younger such as RuneScape and Wizard101 where I made many friends and was a part of great communities. I had played on one Star Wars RP server before a year or two back and from what I remember, I became a Sith Inquisitor.

When I came back to Garry's Mod, I attempted to play a bit of DarkRP but found it incredibly grindy and boring with no set goals. I thought I would give Star Wars RP a try again so I looked at the server browser. I saw Imperial Gaming and thought that this was the server so I joined it hoping I would still be an Inquisitor, but alas that was not the case, I logged in as a recruit and with a completely different set of people (not that I remember the previous community that much in the first place).  This did not turn me away, I liked the idea of starting again and saw the server had a good amount of players. I found out several months later that the old server shut down and that Imperial Gaming was a newer community. I joined in the weeks that the server switched over from the DarkRP base to the custom gamemode and it was interesting to see its development and evolution.

I do not remember who trained me, some part of me says @-CML- [IG] Divisionary trained me but that may be a false memory. I became a Shadow Trooper under the command of KGBSoviets and ranked up to Lance Corporal before being given the opportunity to take part in public Death Trooper tryouts which,at the time were incredibly rare due to the 24 hour playtime requirement. This was the only tryouts where anybody could come and the 24 hour playtime requirement was not counted. Many people came and we all performed admirably. People were eliminated throughout the course of the tryouts until it came down to me and two other troopers. I came second in the tryouts and barely won one of the spots into DT alongside a player called Soda who had aced all of the tryout activities. Soda left about 1-2 weeks after getting the position, but I stayed.

And we all know where that story goes. When I have the chance to, I want to create an entirely in-character backstory on a Google Sheets page.

Edited by Chef
  • Haha 1

@Chef I thought you were around back before the restart, the Server Wipe (The Big Bang) that I never knew about b4 I asked around. @KGBSoviets was Master SGT in Shadow when his Commander went on a long holiday, and KGB ran it from then on as a MSGT. I think I joined Shadow after you, based off your story. I quickly rose up (not mass, but pretty well), with @FrenchyFries as Shadow's 2nd CMD Officer. After KGB had to leave like his former Commander, and Frenchy wanting to pursue his place as a T-Mod next to his good mate @Mauler, I was given a great responsibility. Frenchy ended up convincing @Cody (Grand Admiral at the time), that I was good enough for Commander, and I basically went from MSGT to CMD from there.  <------- I personally thought this turned out to be a good call. Even though I was first supposed to be temporary till KGB got back 3 weeks later, I was able to take full control after my 'Trial'.

(Back somewhere close in those times, Mass promo's were considered viable, if the person in question seemed to already display the characteristics and qualities required for the Rank. It would always been a judgement call on the people who decided to implement it.  Simply if the circumstances seemed justifiable, example; they are also the only person that we have that fits the bill right at this time. After many misjudgments, and simple Regiment Commanders Mass promoting their friends, the Server got closer and closer to banning it outright all together, and that's why, when it happens now, it is taken very seriously.) In my opinion @Zach is both a Success story, and a Misjudgement in the realm of Mass Promoting, particularly to ST Commander (Legit the hardest goddamn job on the server). Was Hilarious to watch him rise a few ranks each day tho, lol.

I did see you in Tab menu @Chef, and asked around about who you were, what I got, was different to what you said. Apparently you were a Death Trooper from way back, not on as much as he was, but since working up to (either Lt or Captain?) you were relaxing and taking it really chill. A few people said at the time, that they were waiting for your true return, as you would still pop in to say 'Hello' or go to an Event here and there. When  @Guskywalker became "The only Krennic I'll ever know", after that weird event where apparently the only Major General to Exist in a regiment not ST or MHC, was left behind due to a lack of free places in the shuttles. I just came to the understanding that DT was different from the rest of the common regiments, and many troopers at Corp-SGT would sacrifice their rank, to be able to upskill themselves inside the Silent Death Troopers. 

To be-honest, same map as the Gusky death, I first saw the name 'Breadbord', and found out from other Mods at the time, that he was a very old ST Commander from b4 the restart, and in that I wondered if you knew him in action, thinking you were back from that time.

Also I did have this same instance of  "a *small* falling out with @Pablo regarding his leadership style" when I first met him.  Mainly because I disagreed on how he treated the newer St's, but didn't understand that it inolved his Character and role inside the ISB. 

@-CML- [IG] Divisionary Yes, from my knowledge January was before the server wipe when everybody's playtime got wiped. I believe I had about 2-3 weeks playtime before the wipe. My memory of the early days is hazy, so yes maybe you training me and KGBSoviets being my Commander are false memories made up of entirely different ones.

Yes, I did have computer issues (thanks to me not looking at turning down the graphical settings and having a GTX 650 and i3 core) and I wasn't as active as I wished I could be, especially when I got into the high ranks of Death Troopers. I levelled out around Lieutenant/Captain for a bit because the whole activity of the Death Troopers turned up dead for a month and I became Commander several months after attaining those ranks, which at that point I could not keep because of the aforementioned computer issues.

• Upvote 1

I joined back in December last year, I believe late the first day the server opened to the public because I saw my boy @Kosmos on a new server (didn't know he was the owner at the time) and thought that I would come and try it out. I can't remember who trained me but back in those days training was SO much easier and more slack than it is today. I ended up joining the server just before they did Navy tryouts (run by Grand/Admiral Blade I believe). I ended up making it in under the name 'Pine'. The next day I ended up meeting that annoying kid that goes by the shitty name, @goliath, as he was the ISB Director at the time and I somehow managed to convince him that I would be a good secretary. I ended up transferring from the Navy into ISB as his secretary and let's just say that he enjoyed throwing coffee mugs at me. I ended up staying as Secretary for a long while (at least a month) when I ended up being picked up by the Grand Inquisitor at the time as a force sensitive individual and taken off to become an Inquisitor that also went by the name 'Pine'. At this time I was talking to @Novo about his proposal for a new regiment, the Shadow Guards, and over the course of the next week, I was selected by the Emperor (and Novo) to help form and create the Shadow Guard as the first Shadow Guard Captain. This went well for a while until I ended up recruiting @Brownie, who ended up killing me during a duel the next day, killing off the character 'Pine' forever.

I then ended up going back to @goliath as a new ISB Secretary that went by the name Koltz. I stayed around for about another month until I managed to get about 15 promotions at once up to Special Agent and changed my name to Kallus. We ended up doing the usual ISB thing for a while when @goliath ended up transferring off to the Navy like a big traitor and I was stuck with managing ISB for at least a week or two until I went to go and speak to @Kosmos about getting promoted to the rank of Director so that I could have the appropriate rank to be managing ISB when he ended up giving me the Director Krennic role. I was Krennic for a little while, around 3-4 weeks when I then went away for a bit due to being tired of both Managing ISB AND running a shitload of events as Event Master. I came back halfway through an event and found out that @Guskywalker was the new Krennic and I still remember the confusion that happened when everyone was on the Lunar Base map and there were two Director Krennic's. From there, I ended up getting my Event Master role back and I moved between the regiments for a while until eventually going back into the ISB. 

That is basically my history on the server.

P.S. Those MistForums were the shit back in the day, along with @Gamma swearing on his first born child that there would be NO lag when running events with 60 players on......with NPCs

• Haha 1