Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guskywalker

Star Destroyer Update

Recommended Posts

Just now, Jester said:

Yeah it is but we have good enough devs. I'm sure they're able to set up some sort of distanced voice amplifier of sorts.

The addon is like that by default, but I am pretty sure they set the addon so that it would go across the entire map otherwise whenever someone got the SWEP, they would have to spam right click to make the distance bigger so that it would cover the map which would take a minute or two because of the size of the map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jester said:

OH and one more thing I noticed in the screenshots on Lord Trilobites page, there's a Death Star outside the bridge window. Does that mean we're moving ahead in eras?

You know that button closed off in the bridge.

That is the death star kiddo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Maffa146 said:

You know that button closed off in the bridge.

That is the death star kiddo 

Huh. I'm never on the bridge so I never even knew that lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LordTrilobite I was just wondering if the travelator cart thing running to the Secondary Hanger Bay has been changed at all because at the moment it can get pretty broken if more than a few people rid it at a time. Another suggestion would be to make it so that the delay on the buttons is a little bit longer than it takes for the travelator to reach the other side to stop people calling it back when it gets half way down the hallway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another thing I just thought of is would it be possible to make the TIE Hanger Bays slightly wider to accommodate with the larger types of TIE fighters such as the bomber.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pinejack said:

Another thing I just thought of is would it be possible to make the TIE Hanger Bays slightly wider to accommodate with the larger types of TIE fighters such as the bomber.

They can fit, but only in the back part. You can (being a good pilot) fly them in and out. Its hard though, depending on skill level of flying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Maffa146 said:

They can fit, but only in the back part. You can (being a good pilot) fly them in and out. Its hard though, depending on skill level of flying. 

I am aware of this as I can do it pretty well, but it would be nicer to see it increased in size to allow those lesser skilled pilots be able to do it too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Excalibur

This is pretty damn exciting, new debrief area looks nice, and I like how things have been organised, looks more convenient now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, pinejack said:

I am aware of this as I can do it pretty well, but it would be nicer to see it increased in size to allow those lesser skilled pilots be able to do it too.

this is your 1000th post, lame.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a huge fan of that stage, definitely gives off an air of superiority.

The officer's quarter's I'm fairly neutral over.

The Engine Room looks great. Definitely an upgrade for the engineers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jester said:

Just a suggestion @LordTrilobite. For that debrief area you should add a balcony opposite to the main one where palpatine/vader and all the other sith sit/stand. It'd be far more convenient.

I don't see how that would make sense. It's pretty standard to speak to a crowd from one side, not two sides. This plaform is for all leaders, whether that be just an officer or Palpatine. Adding another balcony doesn't really make sense and it would also take up space that can be used for more troops.

14 hours ago, Jester said:

OH and one more thing I noticed in the screenshots on Lord Trilobites page, there's a Death Star outside the bridge window. Does that mean we're moving ahead in eras?

The Death Star is already in the map. And no it has never changed in era. This has always been a Galactic Civil War map since I started it back in 2010.

 

12 hours ago, pinejack said:

@LordTrilobite I was just wondering if the travelator cart thing running to the Secondary Hanger Bay has been changed at all because at the moment it can get pretty broken if more than a few people rid it at a time. Another suggestion would be to make it so that the delay on the buttons is a little bit longer than it takes for the travelator to reach the other side to stop people calling it back when it gets half way down the hallway.

I don't think travelator is a word. But I assume you mean the tram that goes to the small hangar. It's not broken, people just don't know how to use it, which is easy. Press the white button and press forward or backward (W or S). Easy.
That being said, I have changed it so that in the next update you won't have to press W or S to move, you just press the arrow keys in the tram and it goes. Turning off the buttons might be a good idea. The trouble is timing that sort of thing, so it's a pain to make.

 

8 hours ago, pinejack said:

Another thing I just thought of is would it be possible to make the TIE Hanger Bays slightly wider to accommodate with the larger types of TIE fighters such as the bomber.

I'm terribly sorry, but that is literally impossible. This ship is not full size, it's roughly one third the actual size due to engine map limits. As such the inside and outside don't exactly match since I can't make tiny hallways. So in some areas the interior is simplified to fit everything in. Due to the layout of the outside of the ship I cannot increase the size of the TIE launch bays. What I could theoretically do, is add 3 more to the left of the current ones. But other features have priority.

8 hours ago, Maffa146 said:

They can fit, but only in the back part. You can (being a good pilot) fly them in and out. Its hard though, depending on skill level of flying. 

They actually do fit in the very front. And they can take off from there as well. But indeed it is quite cramped.

5 hours ago, Simmo said:

@LordTrilobite Where are the officer's quarter's located?

It's directly below the bridge.

4 hours ago, Lincoln said:

I am a huge fan of that stage, definitely gives off an air of superiority.

The officer's quarter's I'm fairly neutral over.

The Engine Room looks great. Definitely an upgrade for the engineers.

 

Please note that the officers quarters are still unfinished and a bit empty. They'll be prettier layer on.

Also it's the Generator room, the engine is not featured in the map.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks absolutely Epic! Fantastic job my Lord. Cannot wait to play it. Is there a beta version we can tryout?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New engine room looks good, can't wait to make new dupes for the security on the entrance :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Red said:

New engine room looks good, can't wait to make new dupes for the security on the entrance :) 

I am triggered

Jk luv ya

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LordTrilobite Is it possible to the rooms that are next to the control room mirrored on the other size? Cause its a really good space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...