Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[IG] Mainz

Favouritising/Staffpicked

16 minutes ago, Imposing said:

Alright, It does not matter if you're a staff rank or not at the end of the day high roles are based off skill and experience I know myself and the other generals are pretty much all staff except for Stevo and if youre not sure why? I'll tell you Going through the ranks you eventually feel like you want to apply for staff I know I applied while i was a shock Officer Cadet Hell I never thought i would get this far Ridge he applied when he was a DT brigadier Blitz Applied when he was a Commander... Caboose demoted himself from palpatine to Major General and Wolf Well he is incharge of us all.. Your argument is completely wrong.. We Spent out time as troopers and eventually we got promoted up the ranks our staff ranks meant nothing. As for our secretarys Our Secretaries havent been just staff We have had people who we think will do well and who meets the requirements Regardless if theyre staff or not.. Grand Inquisitor Tryouts Happen When a spot comes open It is based off your skill whether that would be with a saber or with leading a regiment amongust many other things.. The amount of time you play the server is a good thing for sure. time playing on a server vs Skill and Experience are two different things For Example there is many people in our community who have many weeks logged on the server But i wouldnt even trust them as a sgt.. There is people who have 3 or 4 weeks but have 20 logged warns and possibly serveral bans Time is just a number afterall it comes too Experience and Skill. This post makes me extrememly pissed off You're basically calling us out because you didnt get chosen for a role. And in saying that You were using your pac to dressup like a MHC Secretary even though you were not chosen aswell as told 3 more times after the initial time.. You need to get it through your head.. you just were not right for the role..

There is no need to be extremely pissed off for some ones opinion it's like me liking Donald trump then you being extremely pissed off about it. This was not just because i didn't make it into the secretary role I've experienced it throughout the entire server not just myself but others aswell. Sure you can say I'm calling you guys out well you're in the wrong there in my opinion. At least I am one of the very few to have the guts to bring this issue out. And you being extremely pissed off about it is not the correct mana

I do apologise if this looks to be I'm pointing the finger at @Chef or the staff team. I'm am very greatful for the things the community has done for me. And it's alright if we sometimes come across problems no need to put hate on the person for having an issue.

Thanks

Mainz

What I would've said:

Basically we are all players, even if we are Staff or User. What I think users sometimes see is that staff receive all the information, talk in their private channels, and they talk about things that Users can't know. This is true, and many staff discussions are about people, who they are and what they do. I think this forums post has displayed that Staff do show a heightened list of characteristics that fit certain high rank roles, but sometimes it can look like they are friends with the Other Staff that decide who fits the role. This can be the case, but I must stress that favoritism happens very rarely, and for a server, normally around the time of first beginnings. Now That is not to say it doesn't happen now, and this is something that can happen between User - User (Without Staff), as Commanders recruit their friends into their regiments. When Ridge says that it is normally reversed straight away, he is pretty right, most Favoritism I saw in my play time, was Commanders mass promoting their friends. It wasn't particularly Staff picking the very best which happens to be staff on most cases (sorry that's just how it is most of the time), for a incredibly high up there role.  ~~~~ I do disagree with the out right calling of opinions on the forums as directly linked to certain situations when the orignal post doesn't show the link itself but...

When I saw Imposing speak about: 

20 minutes ago, Imposing said:

You were using your pac to dressup like a MHC Secretary even though you were not chosen aswell as told 3 more times after the initial time

Nah, I think ill change my downvotes on some of the early comments that I thought were outlandish at the time. Mainz bro, you took this decision way to personally, and I understand, I've disagreed with High staff and their decisions before; ST Brigadier Zach for example. But this is one of those things that you swallow hard, and accept that, ahh well I may have these opinions, but I'm not gonna go criticize others for it.

4 minutes ago, -CML- [IG] Divisionary said:

What I would've said:

Basically we are all players, even if we are Staff or User. What I think users sometimes see is that staff receive all the information, talk in their private channels, and they talk about things that Users can't know. This is true, and many staff discussions are about people, who they are and what they do. I think this forums post has displayed that Staff do show a heightened list of characteristics that fit certain high rank roles, but sometimes it can look like they are friends with the Other Staff that decide who fits the role. This can be the case, but I must stress that favoritism happens very rarely, and for a server, normally around the time of first begins. Now That is not to say it doesn't happen now, and this is something that can happen between User - User (Without Staff), as Commanders recruit their friends into their regiments. When Ridge says that it is normal reversed straight away, he is pretty right, most Favoritism I saw in my play time, was Commanders mass promoting their friends. It wasn't particularly Staff picking the very best which happens to be staff on most cases (sorry that's just how it is most of the time), for a incredibly high up there role.  ~~~~ I do disagree with the out right calling of opinions on the forums as directly linked to certain situations when the orignal post doesn't show the link itself but...

When I saw Imposing speak about: 

Nah, I think ill change my downvotes on some of the early comments that I thought were outlandish at the time. Mainz bro, you took this decision way to personally, and I understand, I've disagreed with High staff and their decisions before; ST Brigadier Zach for example. But this is one of those things that you swallow hard, and accept that, ahh well I may have these opinions, but I'm not gonna go criticize others for it.

100% agree with you. We do have to suck up things in life and move on. However I did post this issue to gain advice or support  with the issue and not for the staff team to absolutely go out and diss me for this.

19 minutes ago, Chef said:

I have sent a private reply to Mainz on the forums. With this, some of the points I have against this have not been shown and/or clarified. Here are some as follows:

• During no point during any interview, discussion and decision-making I had with either myself or with Maxine, did I ever consider the fact you were not staff.
  • During no point during any interview, discussion and decision-making I had with either myself or with Maxine, did I let the fact that you did not want to use a microphone often dilute my opinion. I even stated to you during the final interview before decision that Secretary is mainly a comms/chat-based job and that having a microphone is not required to be considered.
  • The other candidates simply had, in my eyes, more ability to take on the Secretary role than you. Out of the three finalists I chose, you were my third choice for Secretary. Side note: The fact that you completely brush aside that you were made a finalist dumbfounds me. You make it seem as if I never considered you.

All of the applications were chosen based of ability and what they could bring to the Secretary role. The fact of the matter was that Rooster's application and interview far surpassed the others. The fact that Rooster was staff was second to the matter. I was even surprised that Rooster was T-EM during the interview because I did not know nor consider that in the first place.

I also have evidence that MHC specifically have had personnel which have not been staff members:

• Stevo has never donated a cent towards the server nor put up an application to become staff yet became a MHC Major General.
  • When Hermes was hired to become Secretary, he had not had a staff role at that time. Throughout the course of being a Secretary, he gained T-EM.
  • When Maxine was hired to become Secretary, he never developed a staff role. The most he did in that time was place a T-Mod application.

These are just some examples.

TL;DR Your points and accusations of favoritism/staffpicking are wrong as I never considered them at any point during the decision-making, Rooster just turned out to be better than all other candidates based on ability and MHC specifically has had non-staff personnel before.

Yes chef. 

Because this is not about me not gaining the secretary role please understand this. This is not a point the finger at chef issue, I've seen it with others throughout the server.

Thanks

Mainz

46 minutes ago, [IG] Mainz said:

However I did post this issue to gain advice or support  with the issue and not for the staff team to absolutely go out and diss me for this.

The Staff are not going out to diss you, they are just not supporting you in your opinions. The Staff replying don't hold the same perspective as you assume they should have. They feel like you are targeting them because you don't really have any solid proof about any situations on the server that you consider favoritism was involved. And they seem to disagree with you about this not involving a scenario that you seem to now disassociate from. Also the target appears, because you have only talked about Staff favoritism, which I think is a very small plain of existence, compared to User favoritism which holds a lot larger ratio, on an issue which you seemed extremely concerned about. User favoritism being Commanders choosing their tryouts, listings/rosters and promotions based on favoritism is a lot more prevalent, and has really be cracked down on majorly for many months. I think since you didn't really include the whole of the issue, statements like "maybe perhaps the server would rather have money than a long trusted member take the important roleare the reason Staff feel hurt by your words.

On the Contrary, I was a Commander and a Mod for long time (formerly), and I reject this statement too, but I wouldn't say it is 100% wrong if it was back 3-4 months ago, as Support for new, especially donator Commanders wasn't as high on priority lists as it is now. I think within this forums post, you may have alienated yourself from a large group of people, they feel hurt and undervalued by your words, and I think it is best that you think very hard about all the responses here today, before digging a deeper hole. 

Your Opinions are your Opinions, but saying them out load can have good and bad Consequences.

Edited by -CML- [IG] Divisionary

5 minutes ago, -CML- [IG] Divisionary said:

The Staff are not going out to diss you, they are just not supporting you in your opinions. The Staff replying don't hold the same perspective as you assume they should have. They feel like you are targeting them because you don't really have any solid proof about any situations on the server that you consider favoritism was involved. And they seem to disagree with you about this not involving a scenario that you seem to now disassociate from. Also the target appears, because you have only talked about Staff favoritism, which I think is a very small plain of existence, compared to User favoritism which holds a lot larger ratio, on an issue which you seemed extremely concerned about. User favoritism being Commanders choosing their tryouts, listings/rosters and promotions based on favoritism is a lot more prevalent, and has really be cracked down on majorly for many months. I think since you didn't really include the whole of the issue, statements like maybe perhaps the server would rather have money than a long trusted member take the important role are the reason Staff feel hurt by your words.

On the Contrary, I was a Commander and a Mod for long time (formerly), and I reject this statement too, but I wouldn't say it is 100% wrong if it was back 3-4 months ago, as Support for new, especially donator Commanders wasn't as high on priority lists as it is now. I think within this forums post, you may have alienated yourself from a large group of people, they feel hurt and undervalued by your words, and I think it is best that you think very hard about all the responses here today, before digging a deeper hole. 

Your Opinions are your Opinions, but saying them out load can have good and bad Consequences.

Well maybe the staff team and yes not all but most shouldn't have just came out and thought it was all to me not becoming a secretary like i'll say once again. This is an issue i'm experiencing yes if staff disagree with the situation then they should say well mainz you've made a good statement blah blah blah, but we strongly disagree with with the situation. Not like Pull your head in we don't care about your time etc. In my eyes this was heart breaking coming from such a good community and they aswell need to think about the words they've said to me.

The final round of the grand Inquisitor tryouts was not just staff, it was 50/50. Now saying the reason some staff don't have Pac isn't because they are new or haven't applied, there are still a lot of staff who applied within the first week and still don't have it. Staff are active, mature and know what they are doing, it's why they are staff, Staff volunteer for this server so why shouldn't they be high ranks when they VOLUNTEER their own time for players enjoyment. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, [IG] Mainz said:

Yes fair statement. 

But this issue is not regarding commanders. This issue is simply for e.x Grand inquisitor, Generals, Secretarys etc.

Yes this problem doesn't happen all the time I agree, but it definitely has a big percentage overthe roles

I know I've been given PAC3 and I understand some staff members don't have it. But keep in mind those staff members either haven't applied OR have recently received there staff position.

Thanks

Mainz

Incorrect I am still waiting on oac3 and have been staff for a considerable amount of time. You have a fair point but not using a mic is a -1 because it makes it easier to communicate